A Great Comment on Affirmative Action

I said-
The Coleman Report found out to its surprise that the success of school was much more influenced by the students attending than the school or the money spent. I think the parents and the students need to play a bigger and more competent role in 'diverse' schools. there is no reason that any school can't be safe and successful if the students co-operate. just look at Catholic schools that operate on a mere fraction of public schools.

and-
Quote: Originally Posted by IanC
is that what you wanted to know about the Coleman Report curvelight? like I said; students matter more than the school itself. middle class white (and black) parents know it is better for their children to go to school with other middle class students and to avoid lower class students with lower class attitudes and behaviours. you call it racist, we call it sensible.

when you didn't like the condensed version of the report I gave you the link to the original.

I feel like I'm butting my head into the wall for trying to converse with someone so irrational and removed from reality as you.

do you or do you not believe (hopefully by reading with your own eyes) that Coleman said that the make up of the student cohort was more important to student success than the funding, the state of repair of the school, or the quality of teachers?

I said-
The Coleman Report found out to its surprise that the success of school was much more influenced by the students attending than the school or the money spent. I think the parents and the students need to play a bigger and more competent role in 'diverse' schools. there is no reason that any school can't be safe and successful if the students co-operate. just look at Catholic schools that operate on a mere fraction of public schools.

and-
Quote: Originally Posted by IanC
is that what you wanted to know about the Coleman Report curvelight? like I said; students matter more than the school itself. middle class white (and black) parents know it is better for their children to go to school with other middle class students and to avoid lower class students with lower class attitudes and behaviours. you call it racist, we call it sensible.

when you didn't like the condensed version of the report I gave you the link to the original.

I feel like I'm butting my head into the wall for trying to converse with someone so irrational and removed from reality as you.

do you or do you not believe (hopefully by reading with your own eyes) that Coleman said that the make up of the student cohort was more important to student success than the funding, the state of repair of the school, or the quality of teachers?

Racists like you have been trying to twist the CR for years. Do you actually think this is the first time I've seen a racist make the claims you have made? That's why when pushed for you to truly support your claims you twist 'n whine like it's an olympic sport. I've given you plenty of opportunities to support your claim and like those before you, fell flat. Have fun.

curvelight thinks that screaming ad hominems and ignoring everything said to him is the way to argue. I pity his/her spouse

both the Coleman Report and the Moynihan Report contained information and predictions that proved to be true in the following decades. both gentlemen were described as racist because of their studies and conclusions. will we ever move past being politically correct and start to focus on reality and root causes or will we just continually recycle P.C dogma that ends up hurting those it seeks to protect?

Forum List

Back