A graveyard for Israeli soldiers?

Aw, c'mon, do you really think sacrificing all these civilians is going to advance the goal of pushing Israel into the sea? Do you really think Hamas is stupid enough to believe it will? Clearly the way Hamas has organized its defenses is aimed at benefiting Hamas, not the Palestinian civilians.

I never said it they were going to be successful. Hamas fully intends to inflict as much damage on Israel as it can. Even if they can't win and even if it comes at the price of civilian deaths. Why is anyone shocked.
War is always crazy and rarely moral. I expect them to use any means possible until someone stops them.

I never said it they were going to be successful. Hamas fully intends to inflict as much damage on Israel as it can. Even if they can't win and even if it comes at the price of civilian deaths. Why is anyone shocked.
War is always crazy and rarely moral. I expect them to use any means possible until someone stops them.

I am not shocked by Hamas' cynical sacrifice of civilian lives, but I am disgusted by it.

I am not shocked by Hamas' cynical sacrifice of civilian lives, but I am disgusted by it.
its for propaganda
and judging from some of the posters here defending hamas, it seems to work on many

i tend to think it works more on the pacifist mindset than any other

no shit---trying to fight a war without propaganda is pretty stupid. You don't think all war planners use it ?

No, they don't sacrifice the lives of their civilian population for the sake of a publicity stunt. This is not an act of desperation by Hamas. The fact that Hamas set up such elaborate defenses designed to maximize civilian casualties shows this was always what they had intended to do.

No, they don't sacrifice the lives of their civilian population for the sake of a publicity stunt. This is not an act of desperation by Hamas. The fact that Hamas set up such elaborate defenses designed to maximize civilian casualties shows this was always what they had intended to do.

DOh----and why---why do you think they intend to maximize civilian casualties and have Israel so willing to assist them ?

DOh----and why---why do you think they intend to maximize civilian casualties and have Israel so willing to assist them ?

If they have any brains at all, certainly not because they think it will help them in the fight against Israel. The only possible benefit the Hamas leadership can realize from this savage disregard for the lives of Palestinian civilians is an enhanced reputation among a certain portion of the Arab street.

If they have any brains at all, certainly not because they think it will help them in the fight against Israel. The only possible benefit the Hamas leadership can realize from this savage disregard for the lives of Palestinian civilians is an enhanced reputation among a certain portion of the Arab street.
they play them as martyrs for the cause
same way they justify suicide bombers

Israel has begun to send thousands of reservists into Gaza, signaling the start of stage three of the operation, and Israeli troops are entering the Gaza City area from both north and the south. This is where Hamas has promised to make Gaza a graveyard for Israeli soldiers. Now we will find out if there is any substance to Hamas' rhetoric or if Hamas has created this nightmare for the Palestinian people on nothing but an empty bluff.

Israeli reservists enter Gaza, signaling new phase - Yahoo! News

Please, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Let's be thankful that the IDF has suffered minimal casualties. We all know that Hamas is highly capable. But they went into the center of Gaza City, the most densely populated area of the Gaza Strip and are hiding in schools, mosques and so on.

Let's take out as many of these animals as we can.

Please, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Let's be thankful that the IDF has suffered minimal casualties. We all know that Hamas is highly capable. But they went into the center of Gaza City, the most densely populated area of the Gaza Strip and are hiding in schools, mosques and so on.

Let's take out as many of these animals as we can.

What makes you think Hamas is so highly capable? All I've seen from them so far is bluff.

President Elect Obama. I suspect that weasel will try to stop it when he is sworn in.

BAH----every weasel eventually "stops" them. Are you sure they don't ask to get stopped after they complete the mission ? They all look like one tactical strike after another.

Forum List

Back