A government that can take from the Rich

you can call it or not call it, whatever you wish....but a spade is a spade and we were treated like property and it took years if not a century or two, for women to have the same God given rights as men....we didn't even get the right to vote from the fed gvt until the 20th century...

Am I putting you on the spot?

Sorry.

I'd just like your opinion on the current state of affairs rather than something that happened around 100 years ago.
I commented on an untrue statement of Avatar's and him calling another person a liar, when it was Avatar who was wrong and did not know his history....simple as that....

There has never been a time in our history that women other than black slaves were owned.

However, my point is this.....if it bothers you so much that women got the short end of the stick in this country why do you support Obama? He's helping usher in the enslavement of millions of women overseas in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Iran, Afghanistan, Tunisia, the Sudan, etc.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right, a government can do that. Who would pretend otherwise? We have a government right now that supports the rich exploiting the poor.

As a twist to Mitt Romney's words... I'm not really concerned about the rich, they have their own safety net. The rich don't struggle in the ways the poor do. If they did, they wouldn't be rich.

Also what the fuck? Why are you trying to make the poor as a point of your argument? You guys have pointed out time and time again you don't rightly give a fuck about the poor. This thread is the equivalent of someone like me showing concern for the rich.

And that's exactly what the Dems think you'll believe. They think you're too stupid to see through their bull shit. They they claim that they are going after the rich and we are trying to stop them, when in fact they're going after everyone. They lie so much how can you trust them? Only a retard would continue to.

Fact is they know that by raising taxes on the rich they will barely scratch the surface when it comes to paying down the debt. They know that once they trick you into buying into their class-warfare you'll re-elect Obama for four more and you won't have a say in what he does then. Not one thing.....because his fear of being thrown out of office will be gone.

Truth is if you tax all of the billionaires and millionaires exactly the way Obama says they will only get a fraction of what they need in revenue to pay off the debt. The best case estimates state that it will only cause an increase in revenue of only $40 billion over 10 years. Currently the annual deficit is $1.3 trillion. Do the math. What makes their mouths water is removing the Bush tax-cuts. You know......those evil tax-cuts they keep extending. They want to remove them. And really, that's just the beginning.

So what are they up to?

Are they actually intentionally trying to destroy our economy? Possibly. Are they actually just trying to institute another massive tax on wages for everyone? Most likely. Once they raise all of our taxes will they ever pay off the debt? Hell no. Are you really stupid enough to believe their intellectually lazy arguments? Appears so. :D

4 points is not a "massive" tax increase. And what actually happens when taxes go up? A couple of things. The "rich" actually wind up investing more into their companies. Why? Because they don't want those assets "going up in smoke" via taxes. Which means they hire more. And the government can actually pay down the deficit...because real hiring takes place..and wages go up. As do tax revenues.

Low taxes and low regulation is what encourages bad economies. There's no incentive to keep from engaging in bad behavior.

So taxes are punishment.?

And how is raising taxes a way to force businesses to invest? Only thing it does is cause them to cut back or pass the increase onto the customer.

Your arguments are all over the place and make no sense at all.

Btw, wasn't this supposed to pay down the debt?

Is the debt non-existant now?

Am I putting you on the spot?

Sorry.

I'd just like your opinion on the current state of affairs rather than something that happened around 100 years ago.
I commented on an untrue statement of Avatar's and him calling another person a liar, when it was Avatar who was wrong and did not know his history....simple as that....

There has never been a time in our history that women other than black slaves were owned.

However, my point is this.....if it bothers you so much that women got the short end of the stick in this country why do you support Obama? He's helping usher in the enslavement of millions of women overseas in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Iran, Afghanistan, Tunisia, the Sudan, etc.
as we fought to let ourselves out of captivity, the women of other countries will have to do the same....successful rebellion comes from within....

as we fought to let ourselves out of captivity, the women of other countries will have to do the same....successful rebellion comes from within....

Doesnt mean you cant encourage and support others.

Nor does it mean you are immune from falling back into captivity. Thats unfortunately the direction we are currently going.

You're absolutely right, a government can do that. Who would pretend otherwise? We have a government right now that supports the rich exploiting the poor.

Can you explain how the rich are exploiting the poor? Seems the opposite is more true. All those defaulted mortgages. Rich people provided the money. Poor people took the money. Rich people have lost their own money. Poor people lost rich people's money.

Um. No. What happened was that Rich People manipulted the real estate market, then gave poor people loans they probably never should have gotten. They then called those loans assets, sold them to other people as securities, overstating their value.

Which all worked fine, until the whole system collapsed, and the poor folks had to bail out the rich with TARP and such.

Sold them to investment firms that manage large 401K plans. So the rich made out like bandits and the working stiff who put money away into the retirment plans got fucked.

LMAO!!!!

So you don't mind that Obama is providing Muslim extremists the weapons they needed to enslave their women thus turning back the clock on any progress they had?

It's cool. It'll all work out. Not your problem.
Thought so

:eusa_silenced:

Last edited:
[A government that can take from the rich] Can take from the poor much easier.

Any government CAN take from the rich, and CAN take from the poor much easier. It's called levying taxes, something every government is able to do. This is not an argument for or against anything. We are not going to make our government unable to take from the rich (or the poor) except by abolishing it.

When we allow politicians and bureaucrats divide us because of envy and covetousness, we weaken our own rights and potential.

When we allow politicians and bureaucrats to set things up so that income and wealth are this badly distributed, envy and covetousness become universal.

Forum List

Back