A GOP Road Map for America's Future

Again, moving a small % would just be the beginning of making SS more private.

If you're saying a % should go into the stock market, that's fine. However, the current idea being offered up in the "roadmap" for example is to ration medicare.

Turning it into a system of vouchers fails to take in several factors such as the Insurance companies raising their premiums all the damn time. So people like the elderly are going to have to pay more out of pocket OR have less coverage.

I find it amazing after all the "Obama's going to ration our health care!" calls that this roadmap is gaining support from those same people except this rations medicare.
It would be a good beginning. Anything that gets politicians hands out of people's retirement is nothing but a good thing.

Far more Americans have lost retirement funds and healthcare coverage in the private sector than have ever lost their Social Security or Medicare. The private sector is a financial predator that should never be trusted to protect Americans.
A lie, but then, I already know your stand on keeping families from their retirement monies.

Are the GOP'ers who were pledging a few months ago not to touch a nickel of grandma's Medicare, and fight to the death to protect if from the Democrats, now getting on board this??

lol

I find moving a percentage of Social Security to a private portfolio controlled by the citizen to be a good beginning.

I would support any law that keeps government from touching anyone's money.

You never answered my question.

Are the GOP'ers who were pledging a few months ago not to touch a nickel of grandma's Medicare, and fight to the death to protect if from the Democrats, now getting on board this??

lol

They didn't want to touch the nickel, they want the whole piggybank.

Seriously though, it was politically viable for the GOP to say "Oh, we don't want to cut Medicare." But now that things are "back to normal," they want to slash it even more than the Dems ever did.

It would be a good beginning. Anything that gets politicians hands out of people's retirement is nothing but a good thing.

Far more Americans have lost retirement funds and healthcare coverage in the private sector than have ever lost their Social Security or Medicare. The private sector is a financial predator that should never be trusted to protect Americans.
A lie, but then, I already know your stand on keeping families from their retirement monies.

Prove it's a lie. Show me where more people have lost SS and Medicare than have had their private sector retirement funds tank.

Again, moving a small % would just be the beginning of making SS more private.

If you're saying a % should go into the stock market, that's fine. However, the current idea being offered up in the "roadmap" for example is to ration medicare.

Turning it into a system of vouchers fails to take in several factors such as the Insurance companies raising their premiums all the damn time. So people like the elderly are going to have to pay more out of pocket OR have less coverage.

I find it amazing after all the "Obama's going to ration our health care!" calls that this roadmap is gaining support from those same people except this rations medicare.

You don't get it do you.

Owning ones own retirement accounts is the people protecting themselves.

You don't get it do you.

I guess I should own my own army then.

Prove it's a lie. Show me where more people have lost SS and Medicare than have had their private sector retirement funds tank.

Look at the returns of the market over a working lifetime of 45 years.
use the average ROR and plug in 15% of your income over that 45 year period and tell me what kind of retirement income you'll get compared to the max SS benefit.

I already did it for you but feel free to do it yourself.

lol

Seriously though, it was politically viable for the GOP to say "Oh, we don't want to cut Medicare." But now that things are "back to normal," they want to slash it even more than the Dems ever did.

I heard somewhere last night that GOP'ers are already running away from Ryan's nonsense.
This is nothing more than a resurrection of some of the more radical ideas of Reaganism.

Utter nonsense.

No one ever has promoted SS as the only source of retirement funding. Secondly, no one ever tried to cover-up the fundamental design of SS. It's supposed to fund benefits with current tax withholding.

And people would be better off if they owned their own accounts.

Nonsense.

Prudent retirement planning demands three sources of funding, public resources (SS,) private resources (401(k),) and pensions. SS is a important part of any well-planned retirement.

Traditional pensions are pretty much gone for the generation starting out now. Unless of course you have a govt job.

You don't get it do you.

I guess I should own my own army then.

You should own your own weapons.

Personal safety be it financial or physical should be under the control of the individual.

The government has the duty to protect the country, you have a duty to protect yourself and your family.

lol

I heard somewhere last night that GOP'ers are already running away from Ryan's nonsense.
This is nothing more than a resurrection of some of the more radical ideas of Reaganism.

Only a libby progressive nut would say people owning their own retirement accounts so as to keep that money from being used as a government slush fund is a radical idea.

Assuming that the average income is about 45K and the average working life is 45 years and everyone save an additional 10% of gross income above and beyond SS even if you never got a raise you would have millions.

15% of 45K works out to 562.50 a month
10% of 45K works out to 375.00 a month

I make almost this much and there is no way I can put even $200 in savings anymore. I was able to up until 2007, but my wages are not even pretending to keep up with the cost of living. No raise or bonus in 2 years, but still damn happy to even have a job. Seriously. No one making 45K a year can even dream of putting away that much a month!

The average joe pays in at least 75,000.00 by retirment age matched by employer thats 150,000.00 which would give him around 1,250.00 a mount for 10 years. What gives the goverment the right to touch this money?

Where do you put your money that it earns no interest?

Assuming that the average income is about 45K and the average working life is 45 years and everyone save an additional 10% of gross income above and beyond SS even if you never got a raise you would have millions.

Fo a total of 937.5 a month saved for retirement

Over 45 years if you earned

5% you'd have 1.9 million
7% you'd have 3.55 million
8% you'd have 4.9 million

These are NOT unreasonable rates of return for a 45 year period in fact they are rather conservative.

And that for every 150K you have, if it earns 5% it will produce 1000 a month in income for 20 years

So monthly retirement income from the above would be

23,666 and

respectively.

So tell me that SS does better.

With the average family living expense being an average of 44,000.00 a year wheres the saving money coming from? And what about emergencies?

I make almost this much and there is no way I can put even $200 in savings anymore. I was able to up until 2007, but my wages are not even pretending to keep up with the cost of living. No raise or bonus in 2 years, but still damn happy to even have a job. Seriously. No one making 45K a year can even dream of putting away that much a month!

the 15% is already taken out in SS taxes 7.5 from you and a 7.5% employer match you only have to come p with 10%

The average joe pays in at least 75,000.00 by retirment age matched by employer thats 150,000.00 which would give him around 1,250.00 a mount for 10 years. What gives the goverment the right to touch this money?

Where do you put your money that it earns no interest?

Fo a total of 937.5 a month saved for retirement

Over 45 years if you earned

5% you'd have 1.9 million
7% you'd have 3.55 million
8% you'd have 4.9 million

These are NOT unreasonable rates of return for a 45 year period in fact they are rather conservative.

And that for every 150K you have, if it earns 5% it will produce 1000 a month in income for 20 years

So monthly retirement income from the above would be

23,666 and

respectively.

So tell me that SS does better.

With the average family living expense being an average of 44,000.00 a year wheres the saving money coming from? And what about emergencies?

so save 6 months income before starting your retirement plan

What you don't factor in is that 15% of your pay is already gone to SS you only have to come up with the 10% to make the example work.

If you want to go through your budget with a pro I know they can find that money.

Why do Republicans, after nearly destroying the world economy, suddenly think they have the answer? Worse, using the same retarded policies? The definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Why do Republicans, after nearly destroying the world economy, suddenly think they have the answer? Worse, using the same retarded policies? The definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

^lol^

like stimulus spending that didn't work in Japan or Germany and won't work here

Forum List

Back