A good reason to buy from Target and Best Buy

Wait, let me get this straight....Union dues going to one side of the political aisle is NOT OKAY, when there are union members that pay these dues and do not agree with the political side that the Union leaders are donating to...

But you think it is okay for corporations, to donate to one side of the aisle when NOT ALL of their stock holders agree with that political side of the aisle that these corporation leaders are donating to??? huh???

Let alone the issue as to whether corporations are even citizens....and that their influence on political campaigns drowns out the voice of the PEOPLE of this nation, and influences congress's corporate handouts, corporate welfare???

What do the stock holders have to do with it.

It's not the stock holders who formed the boycott.

Nice try!

huh? nice try yourself! ;)

The stock holders OWN these companies, there is no corporation without these stock holder's money....yet you are advocating that the corporations should spend the share holder's money, on political activism....

what don't you understand?

Not all share holders want THEIR MONEY to go towards such activities, they want these corporate stores to sell their product and make as much money as they can, on their shares of investment in the company!

They did not invest in one political side of the aisle or the other when they bought stock in the company, they invested in the company itself.

:clap2::clap2:

Wait, let me get this straight....Union dues going to one side of the political aisle is NOT OKAY, when there are union members that pay these dues and do not agree with the political side that the Union leaders are donating to...

But you think it is okay for corporations, to donate to one side of the aisle when NOT ALL of their stock holders agree with that political side of the aisle that these corporation leaders are donating to??? huh???

Let alone the issue as to whether corporations are even citizens....and that their influence on political campaigns drowns out the voice of the PEOPLE of this nation, and influences congress's corporate handouts, corporate welfare???

Nice try!

The stock holders OWN these companies, there is no corporation without these stock holder's money....yet you are advocating that the corporations should spend the share holder's money, on political activism....

Not all share holders want THEIR MONEY to go towards such activities, they want these corporate stores to sell their product and make as much money as they can, on their shares of investment in the company!

They did not invest in one political side of the aisle or the other when they bought stock in the company, they invested in the company itself.

This is utter BS that you are bringing up to deflect from the subject.

The stockholders are NOT forming the boycott.

I am not going to be sidetracked to a discussion about stockholders vs. unions WHEN NEITHER WAS IN MY OP.

This is a TYPICAL LIBERAL deflection tactic. Bring up something else and claim it's my position.

A) I didn't harp on Unions in my op.

B) I didn't bring up stockholders.

So your entire premise is TOTAL BS. This boils down, then to ONE ISSUE, which is the issue in my op. Whether you agree with Target/BestBuy's position or the boycott.

I don't agree with the boycott. I think it's liberals angry that they lost the USSC decision on corps using their money/free speech, and they are trying to find a way to shut them up.

Now do you want to actually discuss THAT or is that why you are trying to change the subject.

Nice try!

This is utter BS that you are bringing up to deflect from the subject.

The stockholders are NOT forming the boycott.

I am not going to be sidetracked to a discussion about stockholders vs. unions WHEN NEITHER WAS IN MY OP.

This is a TYPICAL LIBERAL deflection tactic. Bring up something else and claim it's my position.

A) I didn't harp on Unions in my op.

B) I didn't bring up stockholders.

So your entire premise is TOTAL BS. This boils down, then to ONE ISSUE, which is the issue in my op. Whether you agree with Target/BestBuy's position or the boycott.

I don't agree with the boycott. I think it's liberals angry that they lost the USSC decision on corps using their money/free speech, and they are trying to find a way to shut them up.

Now do you want to actually discuss THAT or is that why you are trying to change the subject.

They do relate, Samurai.....

And I did not say the stock holders were boycotting....I could care less who was boycotting or assembling protest, we have the constitutional right, to do such....or have you conveniently forgotten such?

Looks like you have conveniently forgotten the boycott of the Dixie chicks by the right, or of Streisand or Sarandon by the right or of french fries and the protest and relabeling of such as freedom fries by the right....?

This is nothing but a silly thread, with no decent argument, at best, imho...

Care

The only time when I personally boycotted a company was Walmart when they were trying to get that lady with the massive brain injury to pay them back for her insurance coverage. Although it was all legal, it was an absolute travesty.

But once they fixed the situation, I was right back at Walmart wearing my spandex pants (cock dressing to the left) and my fluorescent wifebeater belly shirt.

Target bought the right wingers off cheap.

Put aside that boycott because of the french connection?'

And the vietnam veterans thing?

Last edited:
They are boycotting these organizations because they want to intimidate businesses into NOT supporting candidates against gay marriage.

Yes, I call that trying to suppress freedom of speech.

Then you are an idiot. Their boycott isn't forcing them to do anything. Boycotts do not suppress speech as Target can still choose to support those candidates no matter how much their sales dive.

Man! They really HATE IT when you don't walk lock step with their fascist boycotts don't they?

Yes how dare they exercise their right to not shop at stores they don't like. Damn those capitalist scum and their free will.

Ever occur to you I'm just as free to buy at Best Buy because I disagree with the boycott?

Did I EVER say you weren't? No. I said that people boycotting a business isn't suppressing jack.

Nooooooooooooooooooo, of course it didn't.

Who's the idiot?
The one that's pretending to be a psychic. Hey that's you.

Because no one has EVER boycotted a company before because they disagreed with them. :lol::lol::lol:

I do not buy items from certain companies because of thigs I disagree with them about.

My priviledge and duty as a consumer.

I don't shop at either one...so I am good either way.
Best Buy: You can buy better products cheaper elsewhere.
Target: Same as WalMart - I don't shop at giant box stores that sell 90% cheap foriegn products.

I seldom shop at either one as well.

While shopping for a new dishwasher I found Bestbuy to be one of the most expensive dealers for the model I was looking for. Sears actually beat their price.

Target? Naah I prefer K mart for that level of shopping, which is pretty much the same and I have a couple of relatives that work at Kmart.

Sometimes Bestbuy will have a great sale Price on something I will buy there.
They also have a 15% restocking fee on returned merchandise.

Boycotts consist of

A. Not shopping at a store you don't like. Since we're not a communist state this is perfectly fine.

B. Encouraging others to do the same which is covered by free speech.

So where's the oppression/denying rights. I don't see it.

Forum List

Back