A good reason to buy from Target and Best Buy

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Shareholders weigh in on Target and Best Buy’s political giving - Yahoo! News

Matter of fact, I just bought my new black Wii and Wii Fit Plus from Best Buy.

Let's not let these people intimidate corportions from giving to the candidates they think best support their interests.

These are liberals trying to suppress the freedom of speech via your wallet.

My kid needs a lot of back to school things. I guess I'm going to Target! ;)

I used to shop at Target quite a bit. Will not while they make such donations....you can buy what I might have...no skin off my nose. As for Best Buy...Frys is cheaper and has more, Best Buy was never a shopping option in the first place.

I wonder how important my one vote is compared to a $300,000 contribution. Never mind. I know the answer.

But wait! I recall the right saying not to buy at target because their being French owned or somesuch?

Can't you wussies ever make up your mind? Ohh wait I guess Fox told you to do this now and that then.
Ok, follow along little sheeple.

lol best buy is a huge ripoff. newegg is 70% cheaper in some cases and its $3 for two day shipping. for instance, some best buy stores charge $80 for hdmi cables that are $12 on newegg

lol best buy is a huge ripoff.

But for me, it's six miles away, and anything else that has comparable products is 40 miles.:(

you are already on the Internet.

go to newegg.com and compare the price difference. like I said its $3 for two day shipping and many times I get the order the next day. newegg also has way more selection

They are boycotting these organizations because they want to intimidate businesses into NOT supporting candidates against gay marriage.

Yes, I call that trying to suppress freedom of speech.

And I, for one, will be buying from Best Buy, PRECISELY because of this boycott.

They are boycotting these organizations because they want to intimidate businesses into NOT supporting candidates against gay marriage.

Then you are an idiot. Their boycott isn't forcing them to do anything. Boycotts do not suppress speech as Target can still choose to support those candidates no matter how much their sales dive.

Then you are an idiot. Their boycott isn't forcing them to do anything. Boycotts do not suppress speech as Target can still choose to support those candidates no matter how much their sales dive.

Man! They really HATE IT when you don't walk lock step with their fascist boycotts don't they?

Some stand for freedom, huh?

Ever occur to you I'm just as free to buy at Best Buy because I disagree with the boycott?

Nooooooooooooooooooo, of course it didn't.

Who's the idiot?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wait, let me get this straight....Union dues going to one side of the political aisle is NOT OKAY, when there are union members that pay these dues and do not agree with the political side that the Union leaders are donating to...

But you think it is okay for corporations, to donate to one side of the aisle when NOT ALL of their stock holders agree with that political side of the aisle that these corporation leaders are donating to??? huh???

Let alone the issue as to whether corporations are even citizens....and that their influence on political campaigns drowns out the voice of the PEOPLE of this nation, and influences congress's corporate handouts, corporate welfare???

Wait, let me get this straight....Union dues going to one side of the political aisle is NOT OKAY, when there are union members that pay these dues and do not agree with the political side that the Union leaders are donating to...

But you think it is okay for corporations, to donate to one side of the aisle when NOT ALL of their stock holders agree with that political side of the aisle that these corporation leaders are donating to??? huh???

Let alone the issue as to whether corporations are even citizens....and that their influence on political campaigns drowns out the voice of the PEOPLE of this nation, and influences congress's corporate handouts, corporate welfare???

What do the stock holders have to do with it.

It's not the stock holders who formed the boycott.

Nice try!

Isn't Zima owned by Coors?

Has anyone who ISN'T gay ever bought a Zima?

What do the stock holders have to do with it.

It's not the stock holders who formed the boycott.

Nice try!

huh? nice try yourself! ;)

The stock holders OWN these companies, there is no corporation without these stock holder's money....yet you are advocating that the corporations should spend the share holder's money, on political activism....

what don't you understand?

Not all share holders want THEIR MONEY to go towards such activities, they want these corporate stores to sell their product and make as much money as they can, on their shares of investment in the company!

They did not invest in one political side of the aisle or the other when they bought stock in the company, they invested in the company itself.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back