A good quote for the morons who believe people are "born gay"

GotZoom said:

Ya know, Swoopes is sort of right...this is what I tell the fat lesbians who argue with me......

When they say, "You Christians are brainwashing gays with your bizarre dogma. People are born that way!", I say, "I think your stepdad on top of you when you were five was WAAAAY more bizarre than religious messages!"

Abuse, esp. sexual, abandonment, or other hardships when very young is what confuses some people's sexuality. If a girl is molested by a man when young, she'll probably go lesbian...Ellen DeGeneres!!

TheEnemyWithin said:
Ya know, Swoopes is sort of right...this is what I tell the fat lesbians who argue with me......

When they say, "You Christians are brainwashing gays with your bizarre dogma. People are born that way!", I say, "I think your stepdad on top of you when you were five was WAAAAY more bizarre than religious messages!"

Abuse, esp. sexual, abandonment, or other hardships when very young is what confuses some people's sexuality. If a girl is molested by a man when young, she'll probably go lesbian...Ellen DeGeneres!!
I'm guessing you're speaking from experience right?

i am a lesbian trapped in a man's body...oh yea...i was born this way...i mean no one would chose this life

dmp said:
was that neccessary?
Yeah, I think it's funny that all these people have such strong opinions and make such broadly-sweeping generalizations when most of the time they either don't know what it's like to be gay and/or they don't even know any gay or lesbian people. I like what the guy said about kids who are molested...that they'll probably turn out to be gay or lesbian. WTF does he know about being molested unless he was molested himself? Sounds like a lot of hot-air and crude conjecture to me.:rolleyes:

TheEnemyWithin said:

I think you've brought up a very good point and one that many in the gay community don't want to talk about....

I once knew a lady that was my son's flute teacher.... somehow this subject (i.e. homosexuality) came up once, she told me that her daughter once thought she was gay.... she got her therapy and eventually, out it comes, she was sexually abused by the woman's ex-husband....

Am I claiming that all lesbians and gays were abused? No, not necessarily, but a lot of them were and that is what may have caused them to become gay.

Also, many child molesters grow up to molest children. Gays are far more likely to molest children. Put the two facts together... do you see a pattern?

KarlMarx said:
BTW.... found this tidbit on the web

Elton John Admits Attraction to Women

http://www.cultureandfamily.org/articledisplay.asp?id=237&department=CFI&categoryid=cfreport

and how about Ann Heche, Julie Cypher, Sinead O'Connor, all of whom were in lesbian relationships then decided, they weren't gay!

So.... gay isn't an irreversible condition! How a-b-o-u-t that! Who'd ever have thunk it?

Concerned Women for America? You use that collection of right-wing moon-bats as an authoritative source?

And, apparetnly being gay is not a reversible condition as two founders of Exodus International, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, fell in love and left the organization.

Do us all a favor, and offer documented evidence as to where any same-gender couple involved in a committed relationship have cause any objective, demonstrable harm to either themselves or the community at large due to the fact of their relationship. Links citing damage to their immortal souls will be disqualified.

Bullypulpit said:
Concerned Women for America? You use that collection of right-wing moon-bats as an authoritative source?

Do us all a favor, and offer documented evidence as to where any same-gender couple involved in a committed relationship have cause any objective, demonstrable harm to either themselves or the community at large due to the fact of their relationship. Links citing damage to their immortal souls will be disqualified.

Lefties are SO predictable. Playing the old "documented evidence" card. Heaven forbid you just open your eyes and SEE what's in front of you.

Homosexuality is abnormal behavior; therefore, society acceptibng abnormal behavior teaches our children that abnormal behavior is acceptable. THAT is the harm. Pretty-damned-simple math.

GunnyL said:
Lefties are SO predictable. Playing the old "documented evidence" card. Heaven forbid you just open your eyes and SEE what's in front of you.

Homosexuality is abnormal behavior; therefore, society acceptibng abnormal behavior teaches our children that abnormal behavior is acceptable. THAT is the harm. Pretty-damned-simple math.

This is the funniest post I've seen.

Hagbard Celine said:
Yeah, I think it's funny that all these people have such strong opinions and make such broadly-sweeping generalizations when most of the time they either don't know what it's like to be gay and/or they don't even know any gay or lesbian people. I like what the guy said about kids who are molested...that they'll probably turn out to be gay or lesbian. WTF does he know about being molested unless he was molested himself? Sounds like a lot of hot-air and crude conjecture to me.:rolleyes:

You are a child.

Hagbard Celine said:

And your experiences say otherwise? Or are your opinions just conjecture of a different side?

GunnyL said:
Oh Hell, why not play along? Gee, what's so funny about it, CT?

Not so much the message as the way it was worded.

I get what you're trying to say, but the way you posted it, it made it sound like "oh sure, typical lefty, wanting to play the facts card... sheesh." I dunno, I read it and it sounded like you were upset that lefties wanted to use evidence to prove a point.

Not trying to make fun of your point or troll, just was amused at the way the words went together in your post. :beer:

The ClayTaurus said:
Not so much the message as the way it was worded.

I get what you're trying to say, but the way you posted it, it made it sound like "oh sure, typical lefty, wanting to play the facts card... sheesh." I dunno, I read it and it sounded like you were upset that lefties wanted to use evidence to prove a point.

Not trying to make fun of your point or troll, just was amused at the way the words went together in your post. :beer:

Nah ... my point was anytime a subjective argument doesn't go their way, they suddenly demand pages of concrete evidence. In this particular case, bully is quite willing to use the "scientific method" to claim scientific theories of origin are more legitimate than ID, but the same scientific method cannot be applied to the effects of abnormal behavior on society.

GunnyL said:
Nah ... my point was anytime a subjective argument doesn't go their way, they suddenly demand pages of concrete evidence. In this particular case, bully is quite willing to use the "scientific method" to claim scientific theories of origin are less legitimate than ID, but the same scientific method cannot be applied to the effects of abnormal behavior on society.

As I said, wasn't flaming your views, just laughing at the construction. Your point is taken.

They were quoting Elton John, so how does that make them a bunch of loonies? Bully.... the CWA is no more nutty than say the NOW, ACLU, NARAL and other groups which you and your left wing buddies claim "defend our freedoms"

And, apparetnly being gay is not a reversible condition as two founders of Exodus International, Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, fell in love and left the organization.
Yes, just tell that to Ann Heche, Ellen Degenere's former partner and her husband....

If a person was abused as a child then deals with it in a manner which makes them more prone to disease, death or to a lifetime of misery and there were means available to that person (i.e. therapy) to help them deal with the abuse in a healthy way, shouldn't that be something they should know about?

After all.... if a person was abused and are merely reacting to it by being "gay", then are told that they "were born that way".... isn't that immoral? I mean, after all, you're condemning this person to needless suffering just so for the sake of the gay agenda!

Forum List

Back