A good chunk of FOREIGNERS spread misinformation on this very board. Where's the ban from USMB?

It still is theft. Of money, investigating what we already know. You keep shifting the focus of the topic. It’s at that point you should rethink the basis of your position. It’s only difficult if your a partisan hack...
I already told you, I believe the intelligence agencies that say this is well beyond anything they've done before and I don't take kindly to their hacking and then leaking the information out during the campaign. If Russia has done anything like this before, I didn't hear about it. I doubt if you have either.

You don't believe the intelligence agencies and you seem to think this is SOP since 1945. We disagree.

When the intelligence agencies haven't actually been allowed to examine the DNC server and are basing their opinion purely on the word of a political party, then yes, I find their opinion to be dubious.

Just like you found the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq story to be dubious. Don't go born-again-CIA-worshipper just because the guys currently in the crosshairs of the intelligence machine is someone you don't like, you know good and God damn well that you don't trust those shit heads either.
Thanks for telling me who I trust. It's so helpful.

Fair enough, but my main three points remain.

First point - The intelligence community has both been wrong before and completely bullshitted the American people before.

Second point - The DNC never turned over the server to the FBI. The intelligence consensus is based entirely on the say-so of the DNC

Third point - The DNC just rigged their own primary. Their integrity is hardly beyond reproach.

Thus, when I assumed you were being insincere to support your political argument, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. The alternative is that you're sincerely explaining that you have faith in the word of proven liars based on the word of proven liars.
First point - Mueller has just laid out, chapter and verse, who did what. I don't see how that is supposed to be read as "mistakes." I suppose you could be saying that the FBI has just been sitting at their desks making this shit up and taking names out of the Moscow phonebook, but I don't believe that. You can if you want.
Second point--the FBI received an exact copy of the servers in question which fulfilled their requirements. Exact copy. This is a total nonpoint.
Third point--I find it terribly amusing that Dems are expected to flock to the Trump tent -- because Dems lie and none of that happens in the WH? LMFAO
Better arguments than Vastator, though, I'll give you that.
Vast-ectomy is still in denial that the trolls even did anything, and calling the Dems snowflakes because Clinton lost from a year ago..
It hard for some to get there stick out of the mud.
Don't waste your time.

Sent from my XT1575 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Yeah, Millions of Mexican illegals that obviously interfere with/tamper with our politics and our culture is called "diversity". But a few Russians that don't live here tamper with our political process, libs cry "foul". Excuse me?

Russian collusion? What about Mexican collusion? I deal with Mexican illegals, and see the crime they bring. I see how our local and state government seems to collude with businesses that want illegals here as their pets, their golden cows neo slaves they can milk and how they collude to help illegals. I see the huge mass of American homeless jobless poor suffering as a result. Seems like there is a bigger issue that is being overlooked. Oh yeah, the "Russian" meddling..right.

Last edited:
Has any single individual here actually changed their mind due to a post from another poster?
I suspect not, but those that get their opinion from a stranger on the internet doesn't qualify as a deep thinker to me.
Nor does getting an opinion from some media hack such as Joy Berhart or any other celebrity.
I'm gonna do something here you'll probably find weird. I just did a search about the amount of people that actually used a gun to prevent burglary. Now I just said that the government should try to help the most amount of people. I found that statistically it is more likely to stop a crime by owning a gun then it is to be used in a crime. So in light of this I find my objection to handguns in the house untennable. I still have strong objections to asault rifles because they are excessive but I'm someone who tries to be honest even when honest means I have to admit I'm wrong.
I can claim that distinction lol. Guess what, I'm a foreigner. Something to think about in an OP trying to claim foreigners spread lies and disinformation. It takes an amount of intellectual honesty I've yet to see from the Americans on this board.

Well, I see my so called leaders of the state I was born in, my parents were born in, declared this a sanctuary state for illegal aliens from Mexico. Thing is: they didn't ask US, they just did it. This is still a democracy, and our leaders Should represent US, but yet they think not. Instead they are worried about creating a sanctuary for non Americans for the vaguest of reasons . We don't want that. They need to represent US all.

Last edited:
We just indicted 12 Russian trolls for trolling so why is the very same shit tolerated on this very board?

Hmmm
Because the bulk of these Russian indictments are trash. They are accused of doing exactly what each, and everyone of us have done on this very board. Created a false name, and spread our political viewpoint... Mueller needed something “Russian” to prolong him milking this cash cow of an investigation for himself, and his friends.

RIGHT!!!!!
Looks like you really know what is going on with the Mueller investigation.

Can you provide us some links to prove what you are saying?
How do you know it’s trash?

Are you a Russian trying to downplay Russian raping my democracy? Because this is exactly what the Russians are doing.

We just indicted 12 Russian trolls for trolling so why is the very same shit tolerated on this very board?

Hmmm
Because the bulk of these Russian indictments are trash. They are accused of doing exactly what each, and everyone of us have done on this very board. Created a false name, and spread our political viewpoint... Mueller needed something “Russian” to prolong him milking this cash cow of an investigation for himself, and his friends.
Willfully Stupid and Treasonous Trumpkins willing to sell out their country for their idiotic party/leader.

Russian Influence Operation Allegedly Ran Like a Propaganda Startup
Federal indictment describes Internet Research Agency as having deep understanding how to use Silicon Valley technology to sow discord
By Robert McMillan,
Deepa Seetharaman and
Georgia Wells
Wall Street Journal - Feb. 17, 2018

The alleged Russian campaign to manipulate the U.S. presidential election was orchestrated by what amounted to a propaganda startup, with finance and graphics departments, performance targets and a sophisticated social-media strategy designed to gain maximum attention, according to U.S. authorities.

The federal indictment issued Friday against the Internet Research Agency describes in rich detail an institution with a deep understanding of Silicon Valley technology that allegedly manipulated tools designed to foster open discussion and turned them into weapons for causing discord.

The IRA’s opinion-influencing unit, set up in 2014 to exploit social media, had at least 80 staff by 2016, and a stated goal to spread “distrust towards the candidates and the political system in general,” the indictment says. Employees of that division crafted viral Facebook posts and widely-followed, fraudulent Twitter accounts, according to the indictment. The indictment, secured by special counsel Robert Mueller, also named two related companies and 13 Russian nationals allegedly involved in the scheme.

The Wall Street Journal and other news organizations have detailed ways the Russian efforts allegedly played out in the U.S., with hundreds of thousands of Americans following fake Facebook pages and some even participating in bogus events that the provocateurs organized.

Friday’s indictment provides the clearest portrait yet of how that disruption was allegedly coordinated. Based in St. Petersburg, Russia, IRA employees used free email accounts and online cryptocurrency exchanges, and concealed their Russian origin using virtual private networks and U.S. computer servers, the U.S. indictment says. They used stolen identities to open PayPal accounts, from which they also paid for Facebook and Instagram ads to promote their online groups, according to the indictment.

U.S. authorities say the IRA leveraged these tools to organize flash-mobs in Florida, run ads for “Miners for Trump” in Pennsylvania and to pay a U.S. resident to dress up like Hillary Clinton in a prison uniform at a West Palm Beach rally.

Operational goals were subject to internal audits. In September 2016, an employee was chastised for not criticizing Hillary Clinton enough in a Facebook group called Secured Borders and was instructed to step up the criticism in future posts, according to the indictment.

The charges show how social media, anonymity and messaging technologies that minted citizen journalists during the Arab Spring came to be turned on their head by Russian operatives to sow disinformation during the 2016 election, said John Scott Railton, a researcher with the University of Toronto’s Munk Centre for International Studies.

“Back in the day if you wanted to run a coup d’état, one of the first things you needed to do was to capture the TV station, capture the radio,” he said. But in the era of Facebook and Twitter, that is no longer the case, he said.

Moscow has repeatedly denied any government effort to influence the U.S. election, and the Russian Embassy in Washington didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The IRA had a monthly budget of more than $1.25 million to conduct influence operations in various countries, the indictment says. In 2014, it created a special team called the Translator Project that fostered campaigns on social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and also Alphabet Inc.’s YouTube, according to the indictment.

Working in split shifts designed to make it seem like they were in U.S. time zones, project staffers allegedly posted topics on these networks that would resonate with extreme viewpoints held by Americans. They spent thousands of dollars a month promoting their messages, and used engagement metrics—quantifying the size of the audience reached and the number of likes and comments—to refine them, while developing fictitious U.S. personas into “leaders of public opinion,” according to the indictment.

By the time of the election, many of the Translator Project’s groups had snagged hundreds of thousands of unsuspecting followers, the indictment says.

IRA employees also stole the identities of legitimate organizations and real Americans to add credibility to their cause, according to the indictment. Ahead of the presidential election, they allegedly created the Twitter account @TEN_GOP, which claimed to be the Twitter account for the Tennessee Republican party. The false account amassed more than 100,000 online followers, more than seven times the 14,000 followers the official Twitter account of the Tennessee Republican Party has attracted, according to calculations by the Journal.

In a statement posted to its website Friday, the Tennessee Republican Party said that it had filed “multiple” reports to Twitter complaining about the @TEN_GOP account. “Each report was either dismissed by Twitter or never responded to,” the party said.

Twitter didn’t comment on the @TEN_GOP account, but said the alleged Russian efforts to disrupt the election “go against everything we at Twitter believe.” As part of its preparation for the U.S. midterm elections, Twitter said it is monitoring trends and spikes in conversations for possible manipulation activity. YouTube didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Facebook reiterated its plans to expand its safety and security team to 20,000 people by the end of 2018. “We know we have more to do to prevent future attacks,” the company said.

Facebook and Twitter said they were working with a Federal Bureau of Investigation task force on election tampering.

The indictment describes in detail how the IRA allegedly organized real-world events throughout the U.S. through Facebook advertisements and direct contact with activists who supported certain causes, tactics previously reported by the Journal and other media outlets.

The IRA page “Born Patriotic” purchased Facebook ads to promote several pro-Trump rallies in Florida in August 2016 that reached 59,000 Facebook users in Florida, according to the indictment. More than 8,300 Facebook users clicked on the ads, which routed users to Being Patriotic’s page on Facebook, the indictment says.

The IRA pages covered some event costs, like travel and equipment rental, transmitting funds to activists through wire transfers and other means, the indictment says.

The alleged Russian influence campaign seemingly flew under the radar of the technology companies. Facebook, Twitter and Google didn’t launch investigations into the Russian influence campaign until after the presidency was decided.

Starting last September, Facebook and other companies publicly reported that they had identified Russian expenditures on their platforms. The indictment says that media reports that Facebook was working with Mr. Mueller’s team spooked the IRA operatives, prompting them to start destroying evidence.

“We had a slight crisis here at work: the FBI busted our activity (not a joke). So, I got preoccupied with covering tracks together with the colleagues,” a co-conspirator emailed a relative at the time, according to the indictment. “I created all these pictures and posts, and the Americans believed that it was written by their people.”​
In summary... “talking shit on the internet”... That’s what millions of dollars into Mueller, and his cronies pockets got us. Real fuckin’ show stopper there...

It cost $7 millions & took 2 years to investigate Hillary on Benghazi by the republicans. With zero results.

It will cost up to $30 millions to make Trump ego better for his military parade.

Trumpo’s cronies taking advantage of tax payers money flying first class. Like Pruit, Price + wives, friends and aides.

Trump vacations per trip cost about $3 millions. If you add how many times he took vacations and total expenses since inauguration. How much is that?
Rentals of golf carts at Maralago, security expenses charge to Maralago, businesses around Maralago shut down during these trips, cost of his adults kids traveling all over while conducting personal businesses.

And you are so concerned about the cost Mueller investigation trying to expose Trump corruptions? LOCK HIM UP.

If you have evidence Mueller investigation pocketing monies. Prove it.

The Trump-Russia investigation has cost about $5 million so far

Hmmm

RIGHT!!!!!

Are you a Russian trying to downplay Russian raping my democracy? Because this is exactly what the Russians are doing.
It you were worried about the "raping of American democracy" you'd be carrying on about the rigged Democrat primaries, not internet trolling by a handful of Russians, that didn't even sway the election. Foreign trolling is nothing new. A rigged primary however was new news to me, a huge chunk of the Democrat constituency, and Americans in general...
But you can keep looking under your bed for Ivan...

Hmmm
Willfully Stupid and Treasonous Trumpkins willing to sell out their country for their idiotic party/leader.

Federal indictment describes Internet Research Agency as having deep understanding how to use Silicon Valley technology to sow discord
By Robert McMillan,
Deepa Seetharaman and
Georgia Wells

The alleged Russian campaign to manipulate the U.S. presidential election was orchestrated by what amounted to a propaganda startup, with finance and graphics departments, performance targets and a sophisticated social-media strategy designed to gain maximum attention, according to U.S. authorities.

The federal indictment issued Friday against the Internet Research Agency describes in rich detail an institution with a deep understanding of Silicon Valley technology that allegedly manipulated tools designed to foster open discussion and turned them into weapons for causing discord.

The IRA’s opinion-influencing unit, set up in 2014 to exploit social media, had at least 80 staff by 2016, and a stated goal to spread “distrust towards the candidates and the political system in general,” the indictment says. Employees of that division crafted viral Facebook posts and widely-followed, fraudulent Twitter accounts, according to the indictment. The indictment, secured by special counsel Robert Mueller, also named two related companies and 13 Russian nationals allegedly involved in the scheme.

The Wall Street Journal and other news organizations have detailed ways the Russian efforts allegedly played out in the U.S., with hundreds of thousands of Americans following fake Facebook pages and some even participating in bogus events that the provocateurs organized.

Friday’s indictment provides the clearest portrait yet of how that disruption was allegedly coordinated. Based in St. Petersburg, Russia, IRA employees used free email accounts and online cryptocurrency exchanges, and concealed their Russian origin using virtual private networks and U.S. computer servers, the U.S. indictment says. They used stolen identities to open PayPal accounts, from which they also paid for Facebook and Instagram ads to promote their online groups, according to the indictment.

U.S. authorities say the IRA leveraged these tools to organize flash-mobs in Florida, run ads for “Miners for Trump” in Pennsylvania and to pay a U.S. resident to dress up like Hillary Clinton in a prison uniform at a West Palm Beach rally.

Operational goals were subject to internal audits. In September 2016, an employee was chastised for not criticizing Hillary Clinton enough in a Facebook group called Secured Borders and was instructed to step up the criticism in future posts, according to the indictment.

The charges show how social media, anonymity and messaging technologies that minted citizen journalists during the Arab Spring came to be turned on their head by Russian operatives to sow disinformation during the 2016 election, said John Scott Railton, a researcher with the University of Toronto’s Munk Centre for International Studies.

“Back in the day if you wanted to run a coup d’état, one of the first things you needed to do was to capture the TV station, capture the radio,” he said. But in the era of Facebook and Twitter, that is no longer the case, he said.

Moscow has repeatedly denied any government effort to influence the U.S. election, and the Russian Embassy in Washington didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The IRA had a monthly budget of more than $1.25 million to conduct influence operations in various countries, the indictment says. In 2014, it created a special team called the Translator Project that fostered campaigns on social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and also Alphabet Inc.’s YouTube, according to the indictment.

Working in split shifts designed to make it seem like they were in U.S. time zones, project staffers allegedly posted topics on these networks that would resonate with extreme viewpoints held by Americans. They spent thousands of dollars a month promoting their messages, and used engagement metrics—quantifying the size of the audience reached and the number of likes and comments—to refine them, while developing fictitious U.S. personas into “leaders of public opinion,” according to the indictment.

By the time of the election, many of the Translator Project’s groups had snagged hundreds of thousands of unsuspecting followers, the indictment says.

IRA employees also stole the identities of legitimate organizations and real Americans to add credibility to their cause, according to the indictment. Ahead of the presidential election, they allegedly created the Twitter account @TEN_GOP, which claimed to be the Twitter account for the Tennessee Republican party. The false account amassed more than 100,000 online followers, more than seven times the 14,000 followers the official Twitter account of the Tennessee Republican Party has attracted, according to calculations by the Journal.

In a statement posted to its website Friday, the Tennessee Republican Party said that it had filed “multiple” reports to Twitter complaining about the @TEN_GOP account. “Each report was either dismissed by Twitter or never responded to,” the party said.

Twitter didn’t comment on the @TEN_GOP account, but said the alleged Russian efforts to disrupt the election “go against everything we at Twitter believe.” As part of its preparation for the U.S. midterm elections, Twitter said it is monitoring trends and spikes in conversations for possible manipulation activity. YouTube didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Facebook reiterated its plans to expand its safety and security team to 20,000 people by the end of 2018. “We know we have more to do to prevent future attacks,” the company said.

Facebook and Twitter said they were working with a Federal Bureau of Investigation task force on election tampering.

The indictment describes in detail how the IRA allegedly organized real-world events throughout the U.S. through Facebook advertisements and direct contact with activists who supported certain causes, tactics previously reported by the Journal and other media outlets.

The IRA page “Born Patriotic” purchased Facebook ads to promote several pro-Trump rallies in Florida in August 2016 that reached 59,000 Facebook users in Florida, according to the indictment. More than 8,300 Facebook users clicked on the ads, which routed users to Being Patriotic’s page on Facebook, the indictment says.

The IRA pages covered some event costs, like travel and equipment rental, transmitting funds to activists through wire transfers and other means, the indictment says.

The alleged Russian influence campaign seemingly flew under the radar of the technology companies. Facebook, Twitter and Google didn’t launch investigations into the Russian influence campaign until after the presidency was decided.

Starting last September, Facebook and other companies publicly reported that they had identified Russian expenditures on their platforms. The indictment says that media reports that Facebook was working with Mr. Mueller’s team spooked the IRA operatives, prompting them to start destroying evidence.

“We had a slight crisis here at work: the FBI busted our activity (not a joke). So, I got preoccupied with covering tracks together with the colleagues,” a co-conspirator emailed a relative at the time, according to the indictment. “I created all these pictures and posts, and the Americans believed that it was written by their people.”​
In summary... “talking shit on the internet”... That’s what millions of dollars into Mueller, and his cronies pockets got us. Real fuckin’ show stopper there...

It cost $7 millions & took 2 years to investigate Hillary on Benghazi by the republicans. With zero results.

It will cost up to $30 millions to make Trump ego better for his military parade.

Trumpo’s cronies taking advantage of tax payers money flying first class. Like Pruit, Price + wives, friends and aides.

Trump vacations per trip cost about $3 millions. If you add how many times he took vacations and total expenses since inauguration. How much is that?
Rentals of golf carts at Maralago, security expenses charge to Maralago, businesses around Maralago shut down during these trips, cost of his adults kids traveling all over while conducting personal businesses.

And you are so concerned about the cost Mueller investigation trying to expose Trump corruptions? LOCK HIM UP.

Hmmm

RIGHT!!!!!

Around 3:30ish he makes it clear that no Americans are knowingly colluding with any Russians...

Hmmm

RIGHT!!!!!

It you were worried about the "raping of American democracy" you'd be carrying on about the rigged Democrat primaries, not internet trolling by a handful of Russians, that didn't even sway the election. Foreign trolling is nothing new. A rigged primary however was new news to me, a huge chunk of the Democrat constituency, and Americans in general...
But you can keep looking under your bed for Ivan...

Really? You are so concerned with internal problems but you are not concerned about foreigners like fucking Russians invading my democracy?

Leave the democrats and republicans in this equations. I am taking about Russians invading my democracy.

Hmmm

By Robert McMillan,
Deepa Seetharaman and
Georgia Wells

Hmmm

RIGHT!!!!!

Around 3:30ish he makes it clear that no Americans are knowingly colluding with any Russians...

Really? I mean REALLY?

I never mentioned about collusions.

Your main arguments was the cost of the Mueller investigation and pocketing the money.

I asked you several questions and proof. Where are they?

At app 3:30 he said, RE THIS INDICTMENT ONLY, that some American were recruited and paid by Russian Paypal accunts, etc, without knowing such.

That has ZERO to do with whether Trumpov and Campaign Colluded, which is Clearly where this investigation is going/looking at as well. Obstruction too.

This indictment is just what we do know SO FAR. Mueller probably knows alot more.

OF course, several AmeriKans have already ben indicted for cooperating/colluding with Russians, including Flynn.

You're a knowing LIAR and a Traitor whose sold out your country for party.
Most of the GOPers (and conspiacist clowns) still posting here... the same.
`

At app 3:30 he said, RE THIS IUNDICTMENT ONLY, that some American were recruited and paid by Russian Paypal accunts, etc, without knowing such.

That has ZERO to do with whether Trumpov and Campaign Colluded, which is Clearly where this investigation is going/looking at as well. Obstruction too.

This indictment is just what we do know SO FAR. Mueller probably knows alot more.

OF course, several AmeriKans have already ben indicted for cooperating/colluding with Russians, including Flynn.

`

Wrong. They were indict on wholey separate charges Mueller stumbled across in his crusade. Unless... You care to show us otherwise...

At app 3:30 he said, RE THIS INDICTMENT ONLY, that some American were recruited and paid by Russian Paypal accunts, etc, without knowing such.

Most of the GOPers (and conspiacist clowns) still posting here... the same.
`

Exactly... It has Zero! to do with Trump in any shape, form, or fashion. Thank you for finally coming to grips with reality. You'll be a better American for it.

Wrong. They were indict on wholey separate charges Mueller stumbled across in his crusade. Unless... You care to show us otherwise...
AND Trump and co/Family/Campaign will (and HAVE) been indicted on "separate" but related charges.
Indictments on diffrent related facets are coming down one at a time.

NO ONE has "Vindicated" Trumpov.. or Jared... or Don Jr.

You remain a LIAR and a TRAITOR.

AND Trump and co/Family will also be indicted on "separate" but related charges.

If this was your attempt to "show"... You have failed your party leaders. I lament your "suicide" in advance...

Exactly, especially when they are all ignoring Fusion GPS direct ties to Russian Agents working directly for The Kremlin.

I was born in America to parents that born here we. My grandparents immigrated legally. I am not a Russian clone, I hate this meddling shit. I hate illegals that are themselves meddling in our American culture to their benefit.I see far more wetback illegals meddling in our culture far more than Russian hackers, so something smells a little fishy when we call out Russian hackers, not that that isn't a problem either.

AND Trump and co/Family/Campaign will (and HAVE) been indicted on "separate" but related charges.

Our justice system doesn't operate on condition of vindication comrade... Perhaps you'd prefer avoid the red tape.

Forum List

Back