A Frozen Screen

I bet if you put Linux on it it would run like a champ......... :lol:

Of course, since he would only be able to run a browser and not be able to install anything useful :) since he would not understand what the hell is going on in Linux :)
Damn ! They have created brainwashed assholes in Spain too eh ?:confused:

Debian and derivatives since 1996-8 begining with Debian then Stormix. Now running SalineOS which is far better than anything the clowns in Redmond will EVER shit out.

Attachments

• $leak-on-micro1.jpg
    $leak-on-micro1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Of course, since he would only be able to run a browser and not be able to install anything useful :) since he would not understand what the hell is going on in Linux :)

User friendly (point and click) Linux like Ubuntu or Mint with proprietary codecs built into the install not Red Hat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, etc........ :cool:
The only real issue left with Ubuntu and Mint is having to find generic Linux drivers for older Broadcom wireless chips which Broadcom refuses to write drivers for.

As For Linux Mint I'm sure everyone could find something other than a browser that is useful.......

Software Portal - Linux Mint Community

And Ubuntu:
(Though I despise the Unity desktop!)

Overview | Ubuntu

Linux is not user friendly and will take considerable time to become that. Yes the user friendly systems like Ubuntu are much much much better than the bad old days, but the fact remains that the interface is alien to most people who are used to Windows. Installing programs can be a freaking nightmare in linux distros if the program you want to install is not part of the over all distribution package system.

Now if you use your PC for mail, browsing and facebook then a linux distro is just fine. If you have a distro where you can easily install openoffice or something similar, then hey you can also become productive on that front if you understand openoffice. But as soon as you get a tad more technical, then you find out that none of the programs you actually are use too, exist in the linux universe you have installed. Add to that no gaming, and you have a dead platform for most people.

And I agree.. the Unity desktop of the latest Ubuntu blows. My personal favourite distro is Puppy... runs sweet on old machines :)

Oh and yea... broadcom.. ffs :cuckoo:

Damn ! They have created brainwashed assholes in Spain too eh ?:confused:

Debian and derivatives since 1996-8 begining with Debian then Stormix. Now running SalineOS which is far better than anything the clowns in Redmond will EVER shit out.

Brainwashed? Only one brainwashed seems to be you. You need help if you seriously think that linux distros (especially those you mention) are user friendly enough for normal people to convert too.

It is also only the last half decade or so that there has come linux distros that actually were easy to install.... and looked like Windows.. but that does not change the fact that linux is hardly user friendly on so many aspects... its getting better yea, but still far far from the Windows/Mac's of the world.

User friendly (point and click) Linux like Ubuntu or Mint with proprietary codecs built into the install not Red Hat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, etc........ :cool:
The only real issue left with Ubuntu and Mint is having to find generic Linux drivers for older Broadcom wireless chips which Broadcom refuses to write drivers for.

As For Linux Mint I'm sure everyone could find something other than a browser that is useful.......

Software Portal - Linux Mint Community

And Ubuntu:
(Though I despise the Unity desktop!)

Overview | Ubuntu

Linux is not user friendly and will take considerable time to become that. Yes the user friendly systems like Ubuntu are much much much better than the bad old days, but the fact remains that the interface is alien to most people who are used to Windows. Installing programs can be a freaking nightmare in linux distros if the program you want to install is not part of the over all distribution package system.

Now if you use your PC for mail, browsing and facebook then a linux distro is just fine. If you have a distro where you can easily install openoffice or something similar, then hey you can also become productive on that front if you understand openoffice. But as soon as you get a tad more technical, then you find out that none of the programs you actually are use too, exist in the linux universe you have installed. Add to that no gaming, and you have a dead platform for most people.

And I agree.. the Unity desktop of the latest Ubuntu blows. My personal favourite distro is Puppy... runs sweet on old machines :)

Oh and yea... broadcom.. ffs :cuckoo:

That's changed rapidly in the last year, if I remember correctly there is now a program for Linux that will open and install packages without the user having to resort to Terminal every time. The download site gave easy instruction on how to install this one via Terminal so you won't have to ever again.
True most are Windows zombies and always will be but there are enough out there like me, who only started to learn much of this techie stuff in the last couple of years. With Linux I still look up installation instructions online, copy and paste in the Terminal window, I don't even remember how to use DOS shell and I'm only now learning Unix/Linux.
Unfortunately I also know the nature of people, in general we try our best to resist change and are afraid of the unknown. :dunno:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back