A frightening future!?

Do you want America to become "just another country"?

• Yes. I think an economically weaker America is better for the world.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. America's positon as "the" economic force in the world is more desired.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WTF are you talking about?

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
During my recent jaunt overseas, I had the opportunity to discuss the politics of the day with foreigners from several different locals. The conversations were interesting, and frankly, sometimes confusing

The one striking thing that I realized (knew, but denied up until now) is that the current world situation right now is very f*cked up. Here is what I noticed (frankly, already knew but ignored because I didn't want to admit it):

The WOT is just one war that we are fighting right now. Another, more sinister and dangerous war, in many ways, is the war we are fighting against the rest of the world. We are, right now, facing an economic war and a war of idealogies.

The advent of technology and the rapid growth of markets worldwide, has economically strengthened many countries. Escpecially in Europe. And as we speak, Europe is trying desperately jockey America out of the economic powerhouse position. I hope you guys realize what will happen if that occurs. The USA will be "just another country" when it comes to economic wealth. We are fighting for the lifestyles we enjoy.

Let's face it. For the last 80 plus years, the USA has taken over the world economically. We have been "the boys" you had to play with if you wanted to soar with Eagles. But the growth in the 90's outside the USA created wealth in Europe and elsewhere and that has given them the belief that they can overrun our economy and therefore, weaken our nation.

One has to realize that they are looking to take over America's position in the world as the military and economic powerhouse that cannot be touched. They want to put us on "par" with them. That is an equally threatening war that we are facing right now; the Globalization that will lead to America's demise.

Do you want America to become "just another country?"

Free - I agree withthe premise but not the outcome.

All the other nations will never, IMO, be able to come together effectively enough to achieve the outcome you paint in your scenario. There is too much conflict of idealologies and power hunger within them to work cohesively in the long term. There are already riffs in the fledgling EU and over very simple language. How will they cope when somthing of substance comes up and every leader is going for the "power play"?

Our idealologies may be a bit skewed politically, but I think overall, we have the best government, system and military in place. We basically have only two factions of power, the Dems and the GOP; and we all know what kind of havoc that can/is creating. Now multiply that by how many countries that must band together?

I may be way off target here, but don't see the threat there. Now, OPEC could be a different matter sad as that is.

I should have elaborated further. It is not really a concerted effort necessarily by "countries". This is more the elites of Europe and the USA that want to waterdown the USA to strengthen themselves financially but personally.

When I first started out doing business in Asia, anything sold there of any value came from the USA. All the latest telecommunications backbone equipment, all the mobile phone network equipment, all the military equipment - anything that had a high dollar value placed on it. All that business is being replaced by companies from Europe. Military technology from France, Germany and Russia, electronics and telecommunications equipment from Sweden, Finland and Italy. Aerospace from the Airbus consortium, etc., etc. Furthermore, the EU was just a way to try and consolodate military power. The elites of Europe already have what they want - the Euro. Do you realize that OPEC is seriously considering using the Euro as the only currency accepted for oil trades? If that happens, overnight our economy will take a major hit. In the 20's the USD was backed by Gold. During the 50's thru 90's, frankly, it was backed by military and economic power through technological superiority. However, during the 90's that began to change. The Europeans caught up and, in many ways, surpassed the USA in technology. With all the growth that took place in economically developing countries (I witnessed this first hand in Asia), Europe began to catch up with us economically. That means the ONLY thing keeping the USA afloat economically right now is our dollar and our military. OPEC currently requires that all oil purchases be made in the dollar. If they change that rule, there is nothing backing the dollar and that will put us into a serious economic recession/depression. Our $ will be worth nothing as it will be backed by nothing.

Forum List

Back