A friend died today

Yeah, that's sad but if you can't help a person, and they make you miserable, and they engage in risky behavior to boot...you don't really have a choice.

I won't have anything to do with people who hurt, either deliberately or accidentally, kids.

At some point it's up to the person to take control of his own life, and if he won't, then really, there's nothing for you to do but walk away.

The mother of the boy who stayed with me this winter (my kids' older brother's mom). He isn't with me now, he went home, she came to get him the week after Easter, so at least he had a few weeks with her.

Her two older sons were mad at her and have been treating her very harshly since she left her husband and started seeing another man. She was very happy when she died (car wreck), had a lovely mother's day she said.

I haven't been able to reach the boy...I've left him messages, called his grandparents (who aren't picking up yet). Poor, poor boys....the one I had was closest to her, and this is going to ruin him.

My deepest sympathy for you and much sadness for her son.

Yeah, that's sad but if you can't help a person, and they make you miserable, and they engage in risky behavior to boot...you don't really have a choice.

I won't have anything to do with people who hurt, either deliberately or accidentally, kids.

At some point it's up to the person to take control of his own life, and if he won't, then really, there's nothing for you to do but walk away.

I agree 100%, theres only so much you can do for a person. In the last 5 years my dad had spent a fortune on my brother, in the last couple years alone he has spent more than $10,000 on rehabs, and my idiot brother will always fuck up and get kicked out of them. The last rehab he was in he got kicked out for drinking alcohol and than he just laughed in the counselors face, he doesn't care because hes not the one spending the money. Right now he lives in Salt Lake City in an apartment that he converted into a drug den with other addicts that got kicked out of the rehab. My dad is scared to stop sending him money because last time he did that my brother started dealing drugs and went to jail, my dad is scared he will hurt or kill someone if he doesn't get his money for drugs.

The mother of the boy who stayed with me this winter (my kids' older brother's mom). He isn't with me now, he went home, she came to get him the week after Easter, so at least he had a few weeks with her.

Her two older sons were mad at her and have been treating her very harshly since she left her husband and started seeing another man. She was very happy when she died (car wreck), had a lovely mother's day she said.

I haven't been able to reach the boy...I've left him messages, called his grandparents (who aren't picking up yet). Poor, poor boys....the one I had was closest to her, and this is going to ruin him.

My deepest sympathy for you and much sadness for her son.

I am in contact with the family now. They shut down for the days prior to the service.

I called yesterday and they boys had gone to sweat, so I didn't talk to them. I did talk to grandma though and got the whole story. Apparently the driver was drunk....

Last edited:
Thanks. They had the dressing ceremony today, they will read the rosary tonight, and burial tomorrow.

Hummingbird. R.I.P.

Hummingbird.jpg

Last edited:

I'm so sorry, koshergrl, for your friend's misfortunes and alienation from children. May God send them a healing over time. Bless you for caring for her son.

I've lost all my best friends. One was shot in the face (murdered), another died of a heroin overdose and the other died in a car accident...

10+ acquaintances of mine passed, mostly from drug overdoses.

I was 15 years old when my first best buddy was murdered - it was really difficult for me to deal with, I cried for a good 2-3 hours straight.

I can't imagine what those kids are feeling right now...... It kills your soul when someone you love dies....

I am sorry for your loss, I have had friends die in the past but not nearly as much as you, a family friend of mine died about 7 years ago from a heroin overdose. A kid that I got into 2 fights in high school and totally beat his ass also died from a heroin overdose coincidentally, that was like 10 years ago though. My friend who died from cancer her kids were very young, the oldest was 8 and the youngest is barely 2, they will basically grow up not knowing their mother.

Well, I really wasn't that shocked about my buddy who died from the heroin OD (I stopped hanging out with him when he started using heroin daily), The one who died in the car accident was always reckless..... But my buddy that got shot in the face, that is a different story. Me and his brother were best friends since we were 4 years old (he was 6), so me and his brother grew up together. He was actually set up to be murdered by his drivers ed instructor (seriously)... They stopped at a stop sign and a dude walked up to the car and put a 38 slug in his face at point-blank range (gang related). The sad part is (at 17) he just had a kid. Well a few years later the mother of the Kid (his babies mom) got AIDS, and his brother (my other best friend) did something really messed up (in 1997) and he's been in prison ever since (he will be out in November)..

Jesus christ bro you need to move.

Forum List

Back