"A free thinker is Satan's slave"

Huh?

Anyway.

Dragon IS an atheist.

And in THIS instance, the instance where freethinkers are being touted as slaves to satan on church billboards, they are specifically referring to ATHEISTS you fucking loon.

You have to change the reality to suit your bigotry and ignorance. I get it.

But regardless of your own mistaken understanding, I promise you, they aren't saying "all smart ppls is de enemies of GAWD!"

Despite the fact that you did not understand the definition of "freethinker" as it is being used by the churches to identify atheists as slaves of Satan, I promise you, they are talking about atheists. Regardless of your own small vocabulary, they do know to whom they are referring.

First thing. The Church should use language correctly in order for us lay folks to understand what they are saying. Their refusal to do so and use concepts with multiple meanings such as "Death" and "God" tends to lead to rejection by the very people they are trying to convert. Instead of "Freethinkers" the church should say ATHEISTS, since you believe this is who they are talking about.

Now "Free Thinker" is anyone that does not adhere to conventional theology. This includes more than atheist and agnostics, although atheist and agnostic embraced the term because they think it defines them. But that may be some arrogance in those feelings.....

Finally, I think that anyone that can talk about Satan as an actual being that can
own human slaves and then turn around and call someone else a loon is a bit absurd.

The church used it just fine. You are the ones who didn't know what the hell it means...and Dragon is an atheist.

So either he's the most ignorant atheist in the world, or he's being deceitful.

Quick question for you

Was Martin Luther a freethinker?

Consider his time and try to answer that question. I say he was. This is due to his challenge to the established religion of his time, Catholicism.

Nowadays, he would not be considered one.

No, not in the sense that it's usually used. Because the way it's USUALLY used is to describe those (usually atheists) who reject the dogma and deity of religion.

amrchaos is correct. I am not an atheist. However, I do consider myself a "free thinker."

I'm well aware of the fact that "freethinker" is sometimes used as a synonym for "atheist." However, traditional Christianity is opposed to any sort of free thought, not just the kind that is a synonym of atheism. Free thought that does not venture in an atheist direction will instead become heresy and/or apostasy, either of which is considered just as bad by traditional Christianity as atheism, or even worse, since atheism isn't really a rival the way another religion or a heretical form of Christianity is.

Traditional Christianity is opposed, not just to atheism, but to free thought itself, and indeed to freedom in general.

I don't care what you say you consider yourself. A freethinker is an atheist.

Wanna know why most churches don't like free thinkers?

They challenge dogma.

Wanna know why most Christians think free thinkers are slaves of the SaTan? Because they don't like having their dogma challenged.

Interestingly enough, Yeshua (Jesus) was a free thinker, why else do you think that He challenged the religious authority and chased the money changers out of the Temple?

How you came to that conclusion, I have no idea.

But never mind, one doesn't expect the fascists to speak to the topic. You aren't well served that way.

ABS, churches don't like freethinkers not because they challenge the church. They don't like them because they are slaves of Satan.

Which is exactly what that billboard or marquis is all about, as Dragon knows...despite his attempt (true to the freethinker mission) to lie about it.

But never mind, one doesn't expect the fascists to speak to the topic. You aren't well served that way.

ABS, churches don't like freethinkers not because they challenge the church. They don't like them because they are slaves of Satan.

Which is exactly what that billboard or marquis is all about, as Dragon knows...despite his attempt (true to the freethinker mission) to lie about it.

You mean, they challenge the DOGMA.

Did you forget that Yeshua (Jesus) was Jewish?

Incidentally, most Christians don't think that Jews are going to Heaven.

Sheesh get off the pretentious yeshua kick.

And don't feed me shit like "most Christians" blah blah blah unless you have something to back it up.

Not that it is even relevant to the topic.

You just said it was bad for one to think for themself.

So it's bad to live your live to how you want to live it? Or make human decisions?

Thinking free
is thought by some
a kind of
liberation.

While others think
that thinking free
will cost you your
salvation

Burma Slave

"Slaves to Satan" is another way of saying that they challenge dogma, and the authority by which traditional Christians would bind and chain freedom. In fact, Satan is another link in that chain, and it's traditional Christians, not free thinkers, who are slaves to Satan: they live in fear of him, and of Hell, and tremble in their cages of dogma, afraid to open the cage door.

Traditional Christianity is about slavery. It's a system of slavery, and one becomes free by stepping outside its limits and boundaries.

I don't care what you say you consider yourself. A freethinker is an atheist.
:wtf:

Atheists do not have a monopoly on free thinking.

LOL that's certainly true, but I have to say koshergrl's statement is making my point for me.

An atheist, of course, is someone who does not believe in God or gods. A free thinker is someone whose thinking isn't bound by dogma. Obviously those are not identical concepts.

For everyone's information, I'm a Pagan. I have opinions about the nature of deity and divinity that are unconventional and would take too long to go into on this thread if I could even explain them, but I certainly believe that the Gods exist. So no, I am not an atheist.

Not that it really matters. The point here would be the same even if I were.

Forum List

Back