"A free thinker is Satan's slave"

PS, you ignoramus..."Freethinker" is a term for "atheist".

Atheists are Satan's slaves, and anyone who has read Dragon's drivel knows it.

And just who maligned the term freethinker into atheism?
And why?

Oh. My. God.

" one who forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority; especially : one who doubts or denies religious dogma"

Freethinker - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

the free thinker..."the voice of atheism since 1881"

The Freethinker

Thanks. So, with that in mind of religious dogma, are those who subscribe to other faiths also slaves to satan? What of the religions that far pre-date christianity and were not accounted for when the greek and roman philosophers wrote the original scripture? Just curious, I haven't been in college in decades and in so, haven't put much thought into religious dogma.

Greek and roman philosophers did not write the original scripture. Sorry.

Not Greek and Roman philosophers. I don't know where you got that, but it's patently incorrect.

I should brush up on this stuff. It's been a long time since I gave it any relevance.

I know some of the authoring was both greek and roman. Some was wrtten (I believe the main oldest "laws") by the jewish, some exiled to Babylon wrote other parts...you really aren't helpful here.

Thanks anyway.

It depends on what book you are referencing.

The Pentateuch is generally believed to have been written mostly by Moses.

And why?

Oh. My. God.

" one who forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority; especially : one who doubts or denies religious dogma"

Freethinker - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

the free thinker..."the voice of atheism since 1881"

The Freethinker

I didn't give Homosexuals the Rainbow and I don't give Atheists and Agnostics the right to the term "Free Thinker" either.

WOAH WOAH WOAH Jesus was NOT a free thinker. Why do you think I'm payin tithes????????

"Freethinker" is sometimes used to mean an atheist, but it seems to me that the word as literally interpreted -- anyone who thinks freely, atheist or not -- allows the statement, "A freethinker is Satan's slave" to truly state traditional Christian belief. In the context of traditional Christianity, not believing certain things is an unforgivable sin, and anyone who thinks freely risks changing his mind and becoming an unbeliever. Traditional Christianity, therefore, is opposed to free thought. It's also opposed to freedom of religion.

In fact, it's opposed to freedom generally.

I use the expression "traditional Christianity" to implicitly acknowledge that there are forms and sects of Christianity for which none of this is true, and that it doesn't follow from the teachings of Jesus, either. However, in the types of Christianity believed in and followed by those who call themselves "conservative Christians" or "religious conservatives," it is certainly true.

Matthew 23:23
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Who cares what it seems to you, Dragon?

The term "freethinker" refers to those who dismiss religion and God. It is what it is.

You can try to pretend something else, of course. But then, you would be motivated to, since as an atheist you are committed to making atheism appear like something other than what it is.....

slave.

CUg0h.jpg

found it on reddit.

Photo shop.

Last edited:
Who cares what it seems to you, Dragon?

The term "freethinker" refers to those who dismiss religion and God. It is what it is.

You can try to pretend something else, of course. But then, you would be motivated to, since as an atheist you are committed to making atheism appear like something other than what it is.....

slave.

free·think·er
   [free-thing-ker] Show IPA
noun
a person who forms opinions on the basis of reason, independent of authority or tradition, especially a person whose religious opinions differ from established belief.

Free thinker | Define Free thinker at Dictionary.com

"Freethinker" is sometimes used to mean an atheist, but it seems to me that the word as literally interpreted -- anyone who thinks freely, atheist or not -- allows the statement, "A freethinker is Satan's slave" to truly state traditional Christian belief. In the context of traditional Christianity, not believing certain things is an unforgivable sin, and anyone who thinks freely risks changing his mind and becoming an unbeliever. Traditional Christianity, therefore, is opposed to free thought. It's also opposed to freedom of religion.

In fact, it's opposed to freedom generally.

I use the expression "traditional Christianity" to implicitly acknowledge that there are forms and sects of Christianity for which none of this is true, and that it doesn't follow from the teachings of Jesus, either. However, in the types of Christianity believed in and followed by those who call themselves "conservative Christians" or "religious conservatives," it is certainly true.

yes, I'm sure you could change the meaning to mean anything you like.

In THIS instance, where YOU started a thread talking about EVANGELISTS who were decrying freethinkers as satan's slaves, I think we can comfortably assume they're talking about ATHEISTS, you dishonest barf receptacle.

And why?

A Free thinker is anyone that thinks objectively concerning matters of conventional theology.

For instance, Dragon is a free thinker, but Dragon is not an atheist and may or may not be an agnostic. (Dragon does makes claims concerning mysic experiences so I think that places him in the non-conventional free thinker association.)

The argument that free thinkers are Satan slaves is an attempt by theologians to scare their flock from writings by free thinkers.

Think about it, If new ideas begin to creep into the heads of their sheep, their sheep may turn into something else.

Like wolves, rabbits and eagles. How do you fleece Wolves, Rabbits and Eagles? Better to keep them as simple minded sheep!

Huh?

Anyway.

Dragon IS an atheist.

And in THIS instance, the instance where freethinkers are being touted as slaves to satan on church billboards, they are specifically referring to ATHEISTS you fucking loon.

You have to change the reality to suit your bigotry and ignorance. I get it.

But regardless of your own mistaken understanding, I promise you, they aren't saying "all smart ppls is de enemies of GAWD!"

Despite the fact that you did not understand the definition of "freethinker" as it is being used by the churches to identify atheists as slaves of Satan, I promise you, they are talking about atheists. Regardless of your own small vocabulary, they do know of whom they are referring.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back