A Fool's Confusion

Iridescence

Rookie
Apr 1, 2011
US
I particularly don't want to be too educated. I would prefer to not be considered a twit, and then yet sometimes that delivers me from being expected to know too much about some specific things...

However, one thing has come to be quite apparent in discerning the spirits among us. An individual's perception is most definitely dependent upon their definition of the words they choose to use. Many, many cases PROVE just how chaotic the world truly is with little more than a sentence.

A man of 30 marries his 15 year old girlfriend. Is he a pedophile? NOT according to any dictionary (other than wikipedia, of course).

Evidence:

World English Dictionary
child (tʃaɪld) — n , pl children 1. a. a boy or girl between birth and puberty b. ( as modifier ): child labour 2. a baby or infant 3. an unborn babyRelated: paedo- 4. with child another term for pregnant 5. a human offspring; a son or daughterRelated: filial 6. a childish or immature person 7. a member of a family or tribe; descendant: a child of Israel 8. a person or thing regarded as the product of an influence or environment: a child of nature 9. dialect ( Midland English ), ( Western English ) a female infant

Pedophile
Related: paedo- , filial [Old English cild; related to Gothic kilthei womb, Sanskrit jathara belly, jartu womb]
World English Dictionary
paedophile or esp ( US ) pedophile (ˈpiːdəʊˌfaɪl) — n
a person who is sexually attracted to children

However, there is a flaw in defining such things because all too often the spiritual age (the mental capacity to understand and to further develop) is not at all the age of years having been lived. This is eternal.

Honestly, I could almost joke (with the twist of truth) that most women I know are not only having vampish sex with but are devotedly married to children and are, therefore, pedophiliac.

Yet, because of our beloved state of oblivious chaos and because we judge things through their physical appearances more than by the evidence of their existences, it is as it is. *hearts* Praise Be for allowing me to be wisdom's fool.

I do not see you as a twit 1melissa3. I often wonder at your posts, but not because they are incomprehensible or foolish. I often wonder what brought some of these posts of yours. :)

For instance. What brought this up to your mind.

I personally believe that a child is a child in this modern era and they need to be protected from those who would attempt to move them from childhood to adulthood too early.

Even if the child would like to make that move.

I see fifteen as a child regardless of the child's emotional and intellectual reasoning skills. Yes, they may be more advanced in these skills than the adult. This is why the morals need to be in place before rules are applied imo.

• Banned
I do not see you as a twit 1melissa3. I often wonder at your posts, but not because they are incomprehensible or foolish. I often wonder what brought some of these posts of yours. :)

For instance. What brought this up to your mind

Even if the child would like to make that move.

Because sometimes, to me, worlds blur and where most readers only read, see, hear one level of communication/interpretation, I read, see, hear several... but, again, only sometimes. Sometimes it flows sometimes it does not.

Very good point, really. :) This was primarily an illustration. I thought a pretty good one considering the technicality of words and definition differences.

Forum List

Back