A fix for high oil prices and the defecit?

What's to stop the government from stopping oil imports? They've got airplanes, tanks, bombs and shit.

Most idiotic post of the month or did I miss the winner already…..

Why thank you. Coming from you, I consider it a compliment.I was trying to carry it to the absurd.
It's a real bad idea to put the government in competition to the businesses it has the power to regulate.
Government has no real incentive to earn a profit and could use regulatory power to destroy the oil corporations who actually have the expertise, equipment and experience to run oil companies.

And why would you say that. I would guess that you have not read enough of my posts to have any clue where I stand on the vast majority of issues let alone the quality of them or is that the standard recourse for you when you get an insult….:tongue:

Should our govt drill the oil leases that the oil companies do not?

Produce oil to increase supply and lower oil prices and use the profit to pay against the debt.
It would also create jobs.

That has to be the dumbest idea ever posted in this forum.

The oil company doesn't drill them because there isn't any oil in them. Do you think every quarter section of land the government offers a lease on has oil on it?

Whenever libs show what they know about the issues of the day, the results are always hilarious.

Poll?

also should not the govt be involved in oil since it is an issue of national security?

God, you are just one vast geyser of bad ideas.

One could argue that shoes are an issue of national security. There's one sure way to ensure that not enough of a product is available, and that's to get the government involved in producing it.

Should our govt drill the oil leases that the oil companies do not?

Produce oil to increase supply and lower oil prices and use the profit to pay against the debt.
It would also create jobs.

Where does the government keep all it's drilling rigs ?

The same places oil companies do. Many oil companies actually lease the rig and crew.
Who did the rig in the Gulf belong to that spilled all the oil?
Not BP.

oh man--I bet even Forrest Gump would be willing to drill for the guvment.:lol:

Forum List

Back