A Firm Grasp of the Obvious... Obama's gonna Tax YOU...

$12 every 2 weeks......WOW!!!!

He gave us a token temporary tax refund that we're gonna have to pay back at the end of the year.

Bush I pioneered this.

Did Bush 1 also propose cap and trade, healthcare, trillion dollar stimuli and such....

In other words....did he increase all other taxes while giving a 13 dollar break to 47% of the people saying "there, I lowered your cost of living"

Naah that Was Reagan.

Bush I actually admitted to raising taxes.

Herein lies a huge part of the problem. A good portion of the 47 percenters are the ones using the bulk of the services that are being financed by the 53 percenters... and one segment is growing while the other segment is shrinking. You can't continually promise more and more and more and more to an increasing number of people while shfting the burdon of payment onto a decreasing number of taxpayers.

It is unsustainable.

And that 47%er catagory? No ione will see an advantage to strive for a higher income.
And that 47% will slowly increase.
And when it increases to 55%, exactly where will the tax recenue come from?

Funny how no one really sees this as a problem. Its alway Oh the poor. We must take care of them.

BUllshit. Let them take care of themselves. Assume responsiblity for their responsibilities. I'm sick of paying their way.

What was it that Lord Woodehouse said over 250 years ago??

"Once the public learn they can draw from the public largesse, they will continue to do so".

That guy had it goin on 250 years ago. It is slowly coming to pass.

I was poor and refused to collect unemployment as I did not want to make it easy for myself.
Sold my first company 5 years later.

The philosophy works...people are simply afraid to apply it.
Fortunately, I wasn't. afraid to apply it.

Funny how no one really sees this as a problem. Its alway Oh the poor. We must take care of them.

BUllshit. Let them take care of themselves. Assume responsiblity for their responsibilities. I'm sick of paying their way.

"Once the public learn they can draw from the public largesse, they will continue to do so".

Ain't no slowly about it.

more than half of the population is already exempt from federal income taxes.

How about we make them pay their "fair share" before taking more from those of us who already pay and pay and pay?

How about we make them pay their "fair share" before taking more from those of us who already pay and pay and pay?

Because they cant afford to.
The real answer is stop the spending.

Says who?

If Obammy can tell us not to buy a boat or go to Vegas then he can tell those so called poor people who can't afford to pay a few bucks in taxes to stop buying 100 dollar sneakers, cell phones and i pods.

Every citizen and I do mean every citizen should have some skin in the game.

so the right can whine about the cuts in spending like they have been for the last few days?

Says who?

If Obammy can tell us not to buy a boat or go to Vegas then he can tell those so called poor people who can't afford to pay a few bucks in taxes to stop buying 100 dollar sneakers, cell phones and i pods.

Funny...I made that exact argument yesterday...
I said...

He told those that are responsible and are able to get a boat loan that they should not buy boats....but he refuses to say to those that are irresposnible and need to live off the government to not buy 200 dollar sneakers and ipods.

I mean...did Obama think that those that heard him say that thought he was talking to them? No way. Most walked away saying..."those rich bastards...whop are they to buy boats in a recession"...and walked off in their new 200 dollar sneakers with their ipods in the hands.

ANd I was called a racist for saying that. Not actually called a racist...but told that I was referring to black people....

so the right can whine about the cuts in spending like they have been for the last few days?

We whined about cutting spending? Is that what your media told you?

No. We whined about 15 billion in cuts starting next year.....a drop in the bucket that does really nothing to ease the problem is what we whined about. 15 billion cut in spending when you present a 1.3 trillion dollar budget is a farce. It was designbed to make people like you think that the right thing is being done...and the right is saying...."you gotta be kidding me"

I suggest you not listen to the rhetoric.

Says who?

Totally agree but, you left out stop buying crack, hookers, weed, pants that hang down past their knees, Oakland Raider hats and jerseys, purple cadillacs, moon pies, KFC, and on and on and on!
:razz:

We conservatives understand it!

Yep $4/gal gas.

and how much of that is tax?

under a $ I think. I added it up in the past.

I think the fed is like .18/gal and the rest varies by state and local taxes.

My point is that our effective wages actually dropped since 1999 and yet we pay more for essientials like food and energy. Which are left out of most of the inflation numbers reported.

One big reason the boom of recent years was unsustainable.

Last edited:

Says who?

Totally agree but, you left out stop buying crack, hookers, weed, pants that hang down past their knees, Oakland Raider hats and jerseys, purple cadillacs, moon pies, KFC, and on and on and on!

A failed attempt at implying I am a racist.

Says who?

Its not a racial thing as much as it is reality...regardless of race. Throw in ....jet tickets, ranger tickets, $10 movies, fast food...heck...make it easy.....why should the responsible who can get the credit to buy boats for entertainment get lectured and not anyone else who spends money on entertainment?

I may be wrong....but something tells me less people buy boatrs that can barely pay their mortgage than those that spend hundreds of dollars on video games.

Exactly how many people actually took it as Obama speaking to them?

Someone who makes 30K a year spending 500 a year on video games is just as irresponsible as someone who makes 300K spending 5000 a year on boat payments.....yet someone spending 500 a year on video games did not see it as him as speaking to them.....and there are MANY MORE of them.

Says who?

Not at all. That's the shit they spend their money on!

Instead of buying all that useless shit, maybe they should spend that money on nice clothes to wear for friggin' JOB INTERVIEWS!

Obama has cut our taxes

Cutting income taxes by 13 a week while increasing other taxes as is his plan is nothing but a shell game.
Yes, he cut YOUR taxes perhaps...not mine....and I am OK with that....But if you think the other proposed tax increases will not offset your 13 a week savings, then you are not paying attention.
I believe you will gladly forgo that 13 bucks a week in an effort to eliminate other NON INCOME tax increases when they are implemented.
Just my theory....but I believe a valid one.

Actually, I too think he will HAVE to raise taxes. He may not want to, but the numbers say that he will have to (as would McCain if he had won). Why? There is no other way to fix the mess the last administration left in a reasonable amount of time.

Forum List

Back