A fine cigar....

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Keep staring at it.....adding to the anticipation.
The Padron Family Reserve #45.
i-c3gsPMG-XL.jpg

Started out with some Glenlivet 18 year old single malt but had to switch to Crown for a little sweetness.
The nickname "The Hammer"is well suited for this cigar.
Very spicy yet smooth.
i-n762pLK-XL.jpg

My next taste test will be the Padron Serie 1926 80th Anniversary Maduro Perfecto..Ranked by many as the 10th best cigar in the world.

I'll step up in price until I decide the cost is to outrageous....which I figure to be around $100 bucks a stick.

I love the aroma of fine cigars....I grew up in that beautiful haze.......hmmmm

Our Dad used to drive us to school in the morning smoking cigars......

Love it!

Our Dad use to take us to school in the morning smoking cigars......

Love it!

When I was a kid my Dad smoked a pipe.
Cant recall the tobacco but it was a cherry blend that I still recognize to this day when I smell it.

Love it!

Cant recall the tobacco but it was a cherry blend that I still recognize to this day when I smell it.

My Dad also smoked pipe.

He made his special blends and he used to put apple peel inside the box of tobacco.....it smelled heavenly!!

I miss all that so much.

Love it!

My Dad also smoked pipe.

He made his special blends and he used to put apple peel inside the box of tobacco.....it smelled heavenly!!

I miss all that so much.

They say your mind recognizes smells more than anything else from your past.

Working on a seven dollar Punch at the moment and I have to say it's every bit as good as the fifteen dollar Cohiba.
While it is a smaller ring size and a bit shorter which of course makes it a bit cheaper the flavor is easily up there with the Cohiba.
Looking forward to Padron Silver in a few days.

I havent been able to find the Holy Grail in Padron 1962 locally so I moved on to another Padron in the Damaso no. 12.
My original intent was to go up in price rather than through each particular brand.
I've decided to explore each particular brand instead due to lack of availability in certain brands,this will give me time to source the next brand while going through the progressions of the current brand I'm trying with the end intention of finding the best cigar for the money.
After all,who can afford to smoke $100 dollar sticks everyday let alone those that go for 500 bucks.

So without further ado I bring you the Damaso #15 from Padron.
This has a Connecticut seed/shade wrapper with the Nicaraguan aged filler.
It's rated as a medium cigar which Padron is not known for so here we go.
upload_2016-4-27_20-0-25.png

I have to say the Padron Damaso at 15 bucks is damn near as good as the Padron family reserve....but not quite.
The draw is typical for a Padron but the flavor isnt as complex as the Family Reserve.
All in all still a very fine cigar.

I have to say I stopped my cigar infatuation about five years ago and at the time my stick of choice was the Upmann.
I will revisit my old favorite but as of now the Padron is superior in my mind.
Of course that may be a change in taste as I age but I look forward to testing that theory.

Love it!

I recently started smoking pipe tobacco. Went to the tobacconist and got some gear (Comoy's tradition pipe, multi function packing tool, pipe lighter, and wallet). Sooo much better than cigarettes! Unfortunately, it's a pain in the ass to smoke a pipe while driving or I would switch completely. Maybe I should try cigars in the car.

Love it!

I recently started smoking pipe tobacco. Went to the tobacconist and got some gear (Comoy's tradition pipe, multi function packing tool, pipe lighter, and wallet). Sooo much better than cigarettes! Unfortunately, it's a pain in the ass to smoke a pipe while driving or I would switch completely. Maybe I should try cigars in the car.

I pretty much stopped smoking cigarettes five years ago when I was smoking cigars.
Of course the wife complained about the smell but then again she did the same with ciggs.
I found cost wasnt a deciding factor since I tended to like the upper end Upmanns which ran about ten bucks a shot which outpaced my cigg consumption since I was smoking three a day at thirty bucks.
She's laughing at me now since I've taken up the Padron family reserve at $27 bucks a pop. Which of course is why i'm searching for a cheaper alternative.
Tobacco is a wicked thing.... but I sure like it.

Nice. I love the Padron lines that I have had. The 1926 is my favorite. The 1964 is tasty too. I bought a box of the series 3000 about 3 months ago and still have about half the box in my humidor. I have never tried the Family Reserve, by I will spend the money for a few if I like them.

I had one of the Camacho bourbon barrel aged sticks earlier tonight. I enjoy those when I am in the mood. Very woody with some spots of bourbon sweetness.

Forum List

Back