A few good critical thinkers

farkle--small technical issue. not going to bother me.

I am particularly fond of Samuel Clemens.

A few of his quotes.>>

Always tell the truth; then you don't have to remember anything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When in doubt, tell the truth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.
Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction after all, has to make sense.
A good lie will have travled half way around the world while the truth is putting on her boots.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
You take the lies out of him, and he'll shrink to the size of your hat; you take the malice out of him, and he'll disappear.
I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know.
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, ... it doesn't matter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jvHa5qMGHg]Cat Stevens - Peace Train (Home Again STEREO Remix) - YouTube[/ame]

Not only philosophers but worth your time and effort.

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." Mark Twain

Albert Camus
Albert O. Hirschman
Andrea Dworkin
Brian Leiter - online
Catharine MacKinnon
Derek Parfit
Eli Horowitz - online
Eric Hoffer
Gordon S. Wood
Isaiah Berlin
Jacob Bronowski
Jeremy Waldron
John Kenneth Galbraith
John Rawls
Jonathan Wolff
Joshua Cohen
Karl Popper
Lewis Mumford
Mark Kingwell
Martha Nussbaum
Martin Gardner
Michael J. Sandel
Neil Postman
Peter Watson
Stanley Fish
Tony Judt
William T. Vollmann

"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." Haruki Murakami

Last edited:

Forum List

Back