A Feel Good Story

B

Big D

It makes me feel so good to know that are tax money is being spent like this, I hope there are thousands more story's like this in the future. It is great that we are able to help so many people:

An appeals court has overturned a decision that allowed a hospital to return a brain-damaged illegal immigrant to his native Guatemala after he racked up more than $2 million in medical bills.

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/florida/MGAW6EONWTD.html

hell, if he'd been a homeless american there would have been a public uproar about stupid ass social programs and how they do nothing to contribute to the positive fabric of society. :rolleyes:

I don't know about you fellas, but I can feel the gratitude of the Guatamalan community fairly oozing out toward me. Man, that feels good. Where's my checkbook?

The 2 million dollars is well worth it to get this illegal alian healthy again,

because we need these people to do ALL the jobs you lazy Americans won't do.

The number of Mexicans migrating to the United States in search of work has reached 390,000 since President Vicente Fox came to office in 2000, a new report says. The figure compares with 235,000 migrations throughout the 1980s.

The report from the National Population Council also says the exodus is largely comprised of entire families heading for the United States, and that the rate is growing.

"The net flow of migrants from Mexico to the United States has increased dramatically, from 235,000 in the period 1980-1990 to 390,000 between 2000 and 2003," the report says. "This dynamic has led to the formation of a considerable Mexican community (in the United States)."

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/pls/impreso/noticia.html?id_nota=4438&tabla=miami

Would you suggest invading Mexico Insein? If not, I'm sure they would be oblidged to merge with the US. New Texas anyone?

Originally posted by CrazyLiberal
Would you suggest invading Mexico Insein? If not, I'm sure they would be oblidged to merge with the US. New Texas anyone?

sounds like a plan to me, I'll take Grand Cayman and Isla Mujeres. y'all can have the rest. :D

...AKA Big D ans Sweet William...You are dismissed.

Originally posted by Big D
It makes me feel so good to know that are tax money is being spent like this, I hope there are thousands more story's like this in the future. It is great that we are able to help so many people:

An appeals court has overturned a decision that allowed a hospital to return a brain-damaged illegal immigrant to his native Guatemala after he racked up more than $2 million in medical bills.

The vast majority of such cases are covered by charitable donations and foundation grants. Go fuck yourselves.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit

The vast majority of such cases are covered by charitable donations and foundation grants. Go fuck yourselves.
Big Medicare Bill Has $1 Billion For Illegal Alien Medical Care
The big multi-billion dollar Medicare bill for retiree prescription drug benefits also includes a big chunk of money for illegal alien immigrant medical treatments.

A study by the U.S.-Mexico Border Counties Coalition, an American lobbying group, last year found that U.S. border hospitals provide at least $200 million a year in uncompensated emergency care to illegal immigrants, $74 million of that in Texas.

When approving the Medicare bill last month, Congress allocated $1 billion to help border hospitals cover those costs. President Bush is expected to sign the bill Monday.

Of course most illegal aliens move further into the United States and so the costs for the border hospitals is a small fraction of the total illegal alien medical costs that taxpayers have to pay for.

Federal spending for ilegal alien medical care has been increased by $250 million per year.

Texas also stands to benefit from a provision that grants $1 billion – $250 million annually over four years – to reimburse hospitals for uncompensated emergency care provided to undocumented immigrants. Texas hospitals probably would receive $43 million to $50 million per year, Mr. Knaupe said.

That $1 billion could be more usefully spent building a barrier on the US-Mexican border to keep out illegal aliens. The cost of such a barrier would be much less than the yearly medical costs for illegal aliens. See my previous post: One Year Of Illegal Alien Health Care Costs Would Pay For Border Barrier
http://www.parapundit.com/archives/001855.html

The Border Counties Coalition, formed by the elected officials of the 24 U.S. counties that border Mexico, recently reported that the year 2000 cost of uncompensated medical services in their 24 counties alone was $832 million. And that is only the uncompensated cost of medical treatment rendered to illegal aliens. It does not include amounts paid to hospitals by the Medicaid program. Sen. Jon Kyl places the total cost of free medical care to illegal immigrants at between $1.5 billion and $2 billion annually.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77833,00.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) The county spent about $350 million last year providing health care to illegal immigrants, the Department of Health Services said.

Massive health cuts, including the closure of 16 health clinics and possibly two hospitals, as well as slashes in services, could have been avoided if that money was available for other uses, officials said.
http://cbs2.com/health/healthla_story_132162016.html

Imperial County has helped form a coalition of 24 border counties lobbying for federal aid to offset the losses hospitals suffer in fulfilling their obligation to treat illegal immigrants. As a result, bills are now pending before the House and Senate that would allocate $800 million over four years to states and counties to reimburse medical-care costs for undocumented immigrants. But those funds would be divided among 17 states, and would cover only a fraction of what hospitals spend annually treating illegal immigrants -- a figure Congress estimated at $2.8 billion two years ago. And in fact, says a spokesperson for Rep. Brian Bilbray, R-CA, who introduced the House bill, the legislation may not even come to a vote this session.
http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2000/06/border_hospitals.html

Not to get off the topic of our tax dollars, but take for example UC Davis in California....they have a new thing there where they will take illegal immigrants OVER california citizens when it comes to applying there. Yep. They look highly on english being spoken as a SECOND language. They don't have to pay as much, either. Around half. How insane is that?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
bully, I think you ought to stay down on this one. BigD just hit you with about 4 huge roundhouses.
What is amazing is that Bully works at a hospital, he's either stupid or lying, or my guess is, both.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
bully, I think you ought to stay down on this one. BigD just hit you with about 4 huge roundhouses.

Dungboy has nothing to hit anyone with but his fears and prejudice. He, and his ilk, feed on the fears of others to spread the poson of their racism. If he's worried about the healthcare bill for illegal aliens, wait until he sees the total costs, to him and everyone else that pays taxes or has health insurance, of the more than 40 million uninsured (and the number rises daily) citizens of this country. What few grey cells he has left will commit suicide as they leap screaming from his ear canals.

You would think that Bully would have posted somthing to back up this statement.

But no, here he is taking off on another wild ride of lies.

Forum List

Back