A feel good story: A man tried to jump off a Detroit overpass. Then 13 truckers saved him.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
This is kind of awesome, maybe their is sanity in this world yet.

Redirect Notice

A man tried to jump off a Detroit overpass. Then 13 truckers saved him.
AAwhSsx.jpeg

A line of 13 truckers, with assistance from Michigan State Police, created a wall on the I-696 freeway near the Coolidge exit to help prevent a man from jumping off the overpass.

Chris Harrison, who claims to have been part of the "trucker wall" and shared some photos in a Facebook post on the Twisted Truckers page, said the act of heroism took place between 1 and 3 a.m. Tuesday, starting with one truck.

Harrison, in replying to other Facebook users, said the cops waved 6 or 7 of the truckers through on the eastbound side of the freeway, then did the same thing on the westbound side

This is kind of awesome, maybe their is sanity in this world yet.

Redirect Notice

A man tried to jump off a Detroit overpass. Then 13 truckers saved him.View attachment 189794

A line of 13 truckers, with assistance from Michigan State Police, created a wall on the I-696 freeway near the Coolidge exit to help prevent a man from jumping off the overpass.

Chris Harrison, who claims to have been part of the "trucker wall" and shared some photos in a Facebook post on the Twisted Truckers page, said the act of heroism took place between 1 and 3 a.m. Tuesday, starting with one truck.

Harrison, in replying to other Facebook users, said the cops waved 6 or 7 of the truckers through on the eastbound side of the freeway, then did the same thing on the westbound side

Heard about this on my way home. Pretty cool!

was this a movie stunt?

No it was real I guess both reported from USA today and Detroit free press..

Redirect Notice

Due to the joint effort, the man was talked down from the edge.

Harrison said a highway patrolman walked to each truck, shook the truckers' hands and thanked each member for their contribution.

If you or a loved one is experiencing distress and/or depression, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline immediately at 1-800-273-8255, available 24 hours a day.

Due to the joint effort, the man was talked down from the edge.

Harrison said a highway patrolman walked to each truck, shook the truckers' hands and thanked each member for their contribution.

Very nice and rather redeeming.....~S~

{Oldmanfullofhimselfmode}I did my time in the 'bloody do-gooder' service ,out here in dogpatch where nothing is available fast.
One of the most redeeming things were folks that, given some notable public incident, would volunteer to help out.

One quick one, we were at a multi car pile up, middle of the d*mn road , short on help, this dude pops up an sez 'can i help'? , i sez sure, put this vest (orange) on, and get traffic around us

Bros in blue show up (finally) , cop i know walks up to me ,looks at the guy in the vest waving cars like he's done it all his life and sez 'man, he's good!"

:11_2_1043:
{/Oldmanfullofhimselfmode}
~S~

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how does the guy feel about what was done for him?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Because if the man wants to go badly enough, he could not only try again, but try again in a different way.

Forum List

Back