A Federal Gravy Train May End

Nice derailing of the topic.

Do you believe federal workers should get 75% of their salary for life with no accountability?
They should get the average pension found in the private sector for those who have the same job, based on skill set, responsibility and experience, not on title.

All their pay should be normalized to the 40th-55th percentile of wages in the private market also based on the same criterion as found based on the national average, including all benefits. That would castrate the DC market of inflated wages.

I am a state worker Harry and I havestate disabilty insurance which would pay me about two days wages per week - the same as any private sector employee. It must be certified by a doctor every so often. When people are eligible for pension or SS, I believe they are cut off. It would surprise me if a plan like FECA were even available for a private citizen to purchase. If so, I imagine it would be unaffordable to. 99 percent of the public. Every worker is protected by workers comp as well. That's a huge change since the early 1900s.

ok.....if i got hurt i cant get State disability Ins......and if injured you have to be certified by a Doc every 30 days if it goes that long....and i am not sure about the pension part....we have guys working that were here before 1984 that are still on Civil Service and the guys after 84 are on SS....so i dont know how that works.....

Forum List

Back