A faster Product Life Cycle Driving Equity Prices?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Tablets seem to be cannibalizing both Laptop and tower PC sales. Besides long puts on Nasdaq what else is on the menu?

HDTV, AT&T and Dish are undermining cable's bread and butter but the coax cable and optical fiber will survive bankruptcy. Reorganization is not really an option for most cable companies. Between debt service costs and increasing options for customers holding down revenues there is not much wiggle room. And google buying up up fiberoptic networks left over from the telecom boom on the cheap means five or more options for cable customers not counting wireless so the price war will go thermonuclear in the near future. Is there a cable index to exploit the collapse that has already begun?

The ereader price war is in high gear and the collapse of big box bookstores probably means a big three online competition Amazon, B&N.com plus BAM (books a million) using Droid and some other competitor probably a consortium of publishers' standard to bypass the middlemen will emerge. How can this be played?

Any more such product life-cycle drivers on the horizon?

I don't know if this is relevant or not, wie but I was reading that cable companies are heading to extinction. Subscriptions are down, in the hundreds of thousands. Viewing is coming through the internet ala hulu, news, purchasing a one hour show for a buck ie ipods and what not. I see opportunity here.

I don't know if this is relevant or not, wie but I was reading that cable companies are heading to extinction. Subscriptions are down, in the hundreds of thousands. Viewing is coming through the internet ala hulu, news, purchasing a one hour show for a buck ie ipods and what not. I see opportunity here.
So has google which is buying up failed fiber optic networks for pennies on the dollar. Once the writedowns are incorporated into the capital structure as with AT&T which is getting ever closer to 100% optical fiber the price wars will get serious.

Forum List

Back