A fantastic article

Sorry, but it seemed to me just another liberal argument for more bureaucracy. Bear in mind that Republicans are NOT opposed to some regulation. It's in the Constitution that it be so. But all regulation has unintended consequences. So, we believe that authority should be used judiciously, in the smallest amounts necessary to get the job done.

The author's stance is that financial institutions are responsible for the bust in our economy. When, in fact, Congress was responsible for its decision to manipulate lending practices and loosen requirements. We already HAD certain regulations in place that were ignored for the purpose of political gain on the part of our Congress.

This was a class warfare piece, where the author claims that the down-trodden middle class pays the bulk of the taxes, when in truth, the top 10% of earners pay 60%, the top 1% pay 40%. And while I agree with her that wages are flat, logic would indicate that employer-provided benefits are probably playing a big role in that. An employer, these days might as well adopt a worker as hire one. The government continues to require more and more responsibility from him as if his hirelings were his children. What they're doing is making employment the gateway to government access.

Wouldn't it be nice... if we could all afford to buy our OWN insurance policies and use our pay to decide what investments suit us best? Or, is that a pipe dream in New Amerika?

Last edited:
I agree with your points, I just thought the article was worth reading.

Absolutely. I think so too. It was an interesting piece, and an enlightening example of how good intentions sound soooo reasonable. Next thing you know... we're funding yet another bureaucracy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back