a famous quote regarding afgh

blu

Sep 21, 2009
"In Afghanistan, the freedom fighters are the key to peace. We support the Mujahadeen..." (President Ronald Reagan, Seventh State of the Union Address, January 1988)

blowback never seems to miss us

reaganandmujahideen1.jpg

nevar forget!

"In Afghanistan, the freedom fighters are the key to peace. We support the Mujahadeen..." (President Ronald Reagan, Seventh State of the Union Address, January 1988)
blowback never seems to miss us

Are you using the above quote to try to bring down Ronald Reagan?

I see only Talibans. The difference in seperating them is the clothes.

I see only Talibans. The difference in seperating them is the clothes.
In my opinion the US should just keep to the major cities and the required farmland,etc to feed the cities then build barrier walls (like Israel does with the Palestinian threat) and just ignore the rest of Afghanistan, as the taliban are like rats in the rural areas and virtually impossible to flush out. If the US had done that in the beginning the costs of the war would have been low, and over time the Afghans would have build up a substantial military and population and do all the fighting themselves. That's why the US lost South Vietnam and is losing in Afghanistan because just like Vietnam it wastes resources aka bombing and fighting the North in jungles in Vietnam vs fighting Taliban in the desert and fails to take and maintain control of the major cities. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back