A Fair Trade in my opinion.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Big Black Dog, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,849
    Romney has released less than ten percent of the returns that Obama has. There is no parity, your argument is invalid.

2. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,114
    Running a business is not like running a country. The percentage of presidents from the upper echlon of the elite rich is zero. the fact that he is a Mormon reduces his acceptablity even to a religious base for republicans.

3. Vidi

Vidi CDZ prohibited

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +343

Two years as a Senator and lets not forget those tax returns back to 2000 which were released for the 2008 election.

Sure his resume may have been limited four years ago, I will certainly concede that McCain had FAR more experience than Obama in 2008. But I take issue with your assertion that he has no record even today, as I pointed out his accomplishments since 2008.

Need I remind you that I was going to hold you to the feelings statement already?

either way, it late and morning comes early. I shall pick this up with you again tomorrow. Cheers!

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,495
    So because you arent happy with what you have, my argument is invalid? Nevermind the fact that Romney HAS released tax returns. You are just going to declare it insignificant and say we cant make any requests to see the President's college transcripts because you said so?

Im not really sure that argument is valid.

5. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,114
    Do you? Show me where you have accessablility to retreave Bush's presidential records.

6. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,114
    Did not Mittens release tax returns while running for president in 2008?
    I know several republican candidates that did not.

7. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,849
    Yes it is insignificant and certainly not on par with what obama has released. Until your candidate gets on a level ground with Obama with tax returns or releases his own college records you are in no position to ask for any kind of information exchange regarding either.

8. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,114
    The tax return issue with Mittens is nothing new, it is his weakness in past elections and it is this one also.Nothing new. Don't act like it is if you know your candidates history.

9. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,506
    Obama and Biden released more tax records than ANY other President and VP have ever released or been asked to release. They did so voluntarily and not because they were asked to do so and of course did so to shame their opponents into doing likewise. I do not think Romney should be required to file tax returns and expose his family to any more scrutiny in that regard than any other Presidential candidate is required to do unless there is question of irregularities and we all know there are no such questions.

The questions of all of President Obama's sealed records are not to find out what his grades are but are to verify that he has the education he claims to have, and, yes, to verify that he was a student from Hawaii and not registered as a student from Indonesia or Kenya. The nagging questions remaining about Obama's past that simply do not pass the smell test or stack up against what he wants us to believe about his past.

His adorers and surrogate media refused to vet him in 2008. I think before he goes up for re-election, we should do that this time around. Or maybe it doesnt matter if our President, the most powerful man in the world, is dishonest or a fraud; or wouldn't it be reassuring to find out that he is not?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  10. ItsjustmeIthink

ItsjustmeIthink Social Capitalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Keep in mind though his released returns are only for the years he was campaigning, so they won't tell hardly anyhting really.