A Fair Trade in my opinion.

Romney hasn't released his tax returns or his transcripts. Obama has twelve years of returns released. Until Romney steps up and releases one or the other on his own you guys are in no position to ask for anything.

actually, he has released his tax returns. You just want more of them.

And yes, we are in a position to ask for plenty.

Romney has released less than ten percent of the returns that Obama has. There is no parity, your argument is invalid.

Nothing, but as I stated before, Obama never ran on his school record, did he? Romney IS running on his business experience.

But you made the claim he had zero record and still does. His record is quite impressive actually. Under this President, there have been 4.3 million private sector jobs created. Under his leadership, the Iraq war has come to a close, the Aphganistan war is ending and the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks was killed. he signed the Lily Ledbetter Act and love it or hate it, he signed the first real Health Care reform in what? ever? After Presidents from Truman to Nixon to Clinton tried and failed miserably.

Thats an impressive resume.

His business experience has nothing to do with tax returns. We can see his business experience quite easily with the 80% success rate Bain had in saving failing companies as well as his success with the Olympics. Neither of which has anything to do with taxes.

Running a business is not like running a country. The percentage of presidents from the upper echlon of the elite rich is zero. the fact that he is a Mormon reduces his acceptablity even to a religious base for republicans.

What does that have to do with transcripts?

Nothing, but as I stated before, Obama never ran on his school record, did he? Romney IS running on his business experience.

But you made the claim he had zero record and still does. His record is quite impressive actually. Under this President, there have been 4.3 million private sector jobs created. Under his leadership, the Iraq war has come to a close, the Aphganistan war is ending and the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks was killed. he signed the Lily Ledbetter Act and love it or hate it, he signed the first real Health Care reform in what? ever? After Presidents from Truman to Nixon to Clinton tried and failed miserably.

Thats an impressive resume.
Obama ran on ZERO record. As with any employee entering into a new job with no record, transcripts are a default requirement.

So, the OP's trade seems fair.

Obama had and has nothing to show for why he is a better choice and he certainly said he was a 'constitutional scholar'...:lmao: and Romney says he is a good businessman. Bain certainly hasn't failed. Solydra did.

Two years as a Senator and lets not forget those tax returns back to 2000 which were released for the 2008 election.

Sure his resume may have been limited four years ago, I will certainly concede that McCain had FAR more experience than Obama in 2008. But I take issue with your assertion that he has no record even today, as I pointed out his accomplishments since 2008.

Need I remind you that I was going to hold you to the feelings statement already?

either way, it late and morning comes early. I shall pick this up with you again tomorrow. Cheers!

Romney hasn't released his tax returns or his transcripts. Obama has twelve years of returns released. Until Romney steps up and releases one or the other on his own you guys are in no position to ask for anything.

Romney has released less than ten percent of the returns that Obama has. There is no parity, your argument is invalid.

So because you arent happy with what you have, my argument is invalid? Nevermind the fact that Romney HAS released tax returns. You are just going to declare it insignificant and say we cant make any requests to see the President's college transcripts because you said so?

Im not really sure that argument is valid.

Did not Mittens release tax returns while running for president in 2008?
I know several republican candidates that did not.

So because you arent happy with what you have, my argument is invalid? Nevermind the fact that Romney HAS released tax returns. You are just going to declare it insignificant and say we cant make any requests to see the President's college transcripts because you said so?

Yes it is insignificant and certainly not on par with what obama has released. Until your candidate gets on a level ground with Obama with tax returns or releases his own college records you are in no position to ask for any kind of information exchange regarding either.

The tax return issue with Mittens is nothing new, it is his weakness in past elections and it is this one also.Nothing new. Don't act like it is if you know your candidates history.

Obama and Biden released more tax records than ANY other President and VP have ever released or been asked to release. They did so voluntarily and not because they were asked to do so and of course did so to shame their opponents into doing likewise. I do not think Romney should be required to file tax returns and expose his family to any more scrutiny in that regard than any other Presidential candidate is required to do unless there is question of irregularities and we all know there are no such questions.

The questions of all of President Obama's sealed records are not to find out what his grades are but are to verify that he has the education he claims to have, and, yes, to verify that he was a student from Hawaii and not registered as a student from Indonesia or Kenya. The nagging questions remaining about Obama's past that simply do not pass the smell test or stack up against what he wants us to believe about his past.

His adorers and surrogate media refused to vet him in 2008. I think before he goes up for re-election, we should do that this time around. Or maybe it doesnt matter if our President, the most powerful man in the world, is dishonest or a fraud; or wouldn't it be reassuring to find out that he is not?

Last edited:

Keep in mind though his released returns are only for the years he was campaigning, so they won't tell hardly anyhting really.

Obama and Biden released more tax records than ANY other President and VP have ever released or been asked to release. They did so voluntarily and not because they were asked to do so and of course did so to shame their opponents into doing likewise. I do not think Romney should be required to file tax returns and expose his family to any more scrutiny in that regard than any other Presidential candidate is required to do unless there is question of irregularities and we all know there are no such questions.

The questions of all of President Obama's sealed records are not to find out what his grades are but are to verify that he has the education he claims to have, and, yes, to verify that he was a student from Hawaii and not registered as a student from Indonesia or Kenya. The nagging questions remaining about Obama's past that simply do not pass the smell test or stack up against what he wants us to believe about his past.

His adorers and surrogate media refused to vet him in 2008. I think before he goes up for re-election, we should do that this time around. Or maybe it doesnt matter if our President, the most powerful man in the world, is dishonest or a fraud; or wouldn't it be reassuring to find out that he is not?

Bolded. Citation?

I certainly appreciate all the marvelous and well-considered comments thus far provided by all the wonderful and thoughtful people who have offered their valuable opinions. I would only add that attending Harvard, as both candidates have, and even receiving high grades and numerous accolades, does not necessarily indicate great intelligence or scholarship. I suspect that obama is hiding his records and work done at Harvard because the content of what he produced would not be well received by the public at large. Schools like Harvard tend to reward theses that are hostile to the traditional and patriotic views that most Americans who don't live in Cambridge or San Fran hold. The more radical and anti-American the better. Young obama is likely to have taken to this arrangement like a fish to water. As a result, there is a good chance that there are papers that bear obama's name among the records of certain professors that would not sit well with most Americans, and that would be very useful fodder for the President's political opponents.

I apologize in advance for any hurt feelings that may result on the part of readers who disagree with my very, very humble thoughts on the matter. Please forgive me.

That was waaay to nice :)

There are many questions as to why he would not releases them but the most paramount reason as to why he should not is obvious: he gains nothing. That is the central problem with asking mitt to releases his tax returns. There is a zero gain no matter what is in there. If he paid 50 percent tax every year and made nothing, the left would tear him up for it and the right simply would not care. Most in the middle would not care either TBH. If he was wildly successful, same result. If he releases nothing then the left has nothing to throw at him. Simple as that.
Completely incorrect. There is no obligation for him to do anything that Obama has done, period. You might continually ask for it but you will simply be ignored. At the end of the day, very few are going to care how many years of returns are in the open. The vast majority of that few would never be caught dead voting for Romney anyway. The left wants free ammo, they are not going to get it.

Lots of noise is being made about Romney and the taxes he has not released from his past. To the best of my beliefs, he has released all of the taxes that he is required to release to the public. Every cry for more taxes of his to be released is nothing but a fishing attempt to find anything that can be used to put him in a bad light. Now, we take a look at President Obama. None of his school records have ever been released. They are all "sealed". Why not a trade off. Romney could release all of his past taxes with the stipulation that Obama release all of his college transcripts and show us how he paid for all of his college courses. Seems like a fair trade off to me. Discuss.

Obama is not running on his school record, while Romney is running on his business experience. His tax returns give us insight into that experience, which is why they are fair game and Obamas school records are not.

If I were Obama, Id release the school records though. He was the President of Harvard Law. They dont give that to someone with bad grades. That alone proves he has nothing to hide, so he should release them just to end the deabte.

The tax returns won't tell you about his business experience. We already know about his business experience.

The issue is transparency and character. But that also pertains to Obama's college transcripts. The question is "what is he hiding?" If we are asking that of one candidate, it should be applied to both candidates. Personally, I don't care about either, and if both choose not to release, that's fine by me. However, I think it's hypocrisy for one side to demand the other release while not releasing their own.

Lots of noise is being made about Romney and the taxes he has not released from his past. To the best of my beliefs, he has released all of the taxes that he is required to release to the public. Every cry for more taxes of his to be released is nothing but a fishing attempt to find anything that can be used to put him in a bad light. Now, we take a look at President Obama. None of his school records have ever been released. They are all "sealed". Why not a trade off. Romney could release all of his past taxes with the stipulation that Obama release all of his college transcripts and show us how he paid for all of his college courses. Seems like a fair trade off to me. Discuss.

Obama is not running on his school record, while Romney is running on his business experience. His tax returns give us insight into that experience, which is why they are fair game and Obamas school records are not.

If I were Obama, Id release the school records though. He was the President of Harvard Law. They dont give that to someone with bad grades. That alone proves he has nothing to hide, so he should release them just to end the deabte.

The tax returns won't tell you about his business experience. We already know about his business experience.

The issue is transparency and character. But that also pertains to Obama's college transcripts. The question is "what is he hiding?" If we are asking that of one candidate, it should be applied to both candidates. Personally, I don't care about either, and if both choose not to release, that's fine by me. However, I think it's hypocrisy for one side to demand the other release while not releasing their own.

The same is being applied to both candidates.

Romney hasn't released his own college records so he, and his supporters, don't have a leg to stand on asking for Obama's.

Obama has released 12 years of returns so he, and his supporters, have all sorts of ground to stand on asking for Romney's.

The only records I am interested in are the ones that show the qualifications to be or continue to be president. Obama has a record of 3 1/2 years in the job. Are you happy with this record? If so, fine, vote for him.

We know Romney histroy of success of turning companies and the Utah Olympic games around to be successful and his record as Governor. If you are satisfied he know more than Obama about economics and getting the right people on his teams, then vote for him.

We have the records to determine the best leader. You be the judge for your own vote.

No president has ever been asked to release his college records. And no president has. Additionally..only one other President has been asked to release his birth certificate..and only one has..that's President Obama.

This would have maybe made sense before Obama became President..but he has been President for several years..and has a record.

And Obama has released a decade worth of taxes.

This precedent of releasing tax records was set by Romney's own father.

And it's a little more then curious as to why he isn't keeping with that precedent.

The John McCain argument is specious since he was in congress prior to running and his tax records were well known.

The only records I am interested in are the ones that show the qualifications to be or continue to be president. Obama has a record of 3 1/2 years in the job. Are you happy with this record? If so, fine, vote for him.

We know Romney histroy of success of turning companies and the Utah Olympic games around to be successful and his record as Governor. If you are satisfied he know more than Obama about economics and getting the right people on his teams, then vote for him.

We have the records to determine the best leader. You be the judge for your own vote.

Yes..and I am voting for him.

He's done an outstanding job.

Yes..and I am voting for him.

He's done an outstanding job.
Since when did polarizing the country and seperating it into various groups become an outstanding job ?

Obama is far to devisive & wild eyed in regards to this nation when he operates as he does or doesn't when it is needed, and this in regards to him remaining as it's President for another 4 years, so yes it really is that simple..

I would have rather had another qualifying "black man" (if we just had to be historic in a choice found in the way that America wanted to go at this time), instead of having Barack Obama to be the first black President in the United States, where as in this other black man I speak of, he would have believed in America and the Free American cultures that exist throughout America (supportive of them without bias), instead of what this cat Barack Obama believed in and has done to the nation along business, race, gender and cultural lines while President.

He's just to devisive, and America doesn't have the time nor the money to play this game anymore. We need management for all in America as far as the business sector goes, and not wild eyed ideologies and ventures that end up being failures over the long haul, and worse with the use of our money that we no longer have out here, and yes again it is just that simple.

Barack started off maybe good or Ok, with all the rehtoric and promises we thought he would keep (transparency being one of the biggest ones), but everything became so politically charged that nothing gets done, because it became to polarizing with every finger pointing that he has made ever since.

The tough love approach was not the way to come out swinging at a nation as a whole, but instead he should have used the nations majority to have his back (like he once asked it to), and then should have had their back as well, but then he left them in the dust on many issues and plans that were supposed to represent all Americans as Americans along with the nation the same, and not just to represent specific groups for specific reasons, and then hate the rest for specific reasons. Now he will pay at the ballot box for his failures, as the American people will speak again, and this time for the reasons of their wallets and not for their simple history making causes instead.

We will be in uncharted waters again, but at least we will know from where it is that we have come from, and hopefully this will help us to understand where it is that we are once again going. The games are over, it's go time in America. Thank you Barack for your time as served (history also served), but we need to get our heads more clear, and move beyond the devisiveness and polarization we have had, in order to hopefully free up capital in the proper ways again, and not in the ways that it was attempting to be done through the force of by taxes and more taxes and then more taxes. You cannot afront wealthy tyrants in business, without those tyrants rolling it all back down upon the little people, and then to cause a ((lock up the capital)) strike by those tyrants against us all, when the use of the tax was the idea for doing so against them, where as you could only use proper regulatory actions and laws as agreed upon by the people in support of, in order to adress a situation that is wrong in the nation, but using "taxes" to do it, and this when those taxes will just be cast down upon those who are already dead in the water out here, was the wrong way to go as found in idea of or in the speak there of over such a short period of time as it were with these dems and their attempt at it all in this way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back