A fair comparison; you betcha!

A Small piece of the pie?
How about making your own pie. That way you get all of it instead of a piece of it. That's what happens when you get rid of a large Government.
Using logic is not hate or fear.

"...you get all of it..." Funny, I was raised to share; what are your family values?

You get your pie then you can use it to share how you want to, not how the Govenment wants to.

Thanks for sharing, lol.

And I appreciate how soon you resorted to a personal attack. Your willful ignorance is noted and your comments are dismissed, not because they are sophomoric, but because they emanate from an asshole. See, a personal attack can be upfront and honest, not simply glib and, well, sophomoric.
Your OP is an oblique personal attack on all who don't share your jaundiced sociopathic political POV, Vermin.

How about a nice cup of get the fuck over yourself?

Oh Odd-dude, how pedestrian of you. Another use of a word you obviously don't understand in a futile attempt to appear less than ignorant.

The OP Odd-dude is an observation of what is going on today in Wisconsin. Blame is placed on one segment of the population, and the good ole GOP has never admitted to complicity in the economic collapse.

I'll show you my MMPI 'score' if you show me yours (my guess Odd-dude is your scores on the various scales of the MMPI look much like the Grand Tetons).

Last edited:
So, let's go back to the OP; the response, other than the usual personal attacks, has been light. One poster suggested all government at all times has groups to scapegoat. On this I generally agree, thought I generally avoid universals.

What we are seeing today is a strategy by the GOP to go after pubic employees; for the past two years or so the GOP has focused blame on illegal aliens (a dysphemism, for sure), the poor, liberals, progressives and Democrats. Never once has the Republican Party admitted complicity in the economic collapse, acknowledged off-budget spending on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars greatly contributed to our national debt, or their failures to stem the flood of illegal immigration or bring the cost of healthcare down to reasonable levels. Yet they blame Obama & the Democrats in Congress for our current economic malaise and the great debt which has been created.

I am in no way excusing the Democrats; many Democrats in Congress greatly contributed to the crisis which befell our nation in the fall of 2008 and to the on-going occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. Clearly matters of international concern, yet we have paid the price in blood and treasure.

The GOP has moved far right, and anyone who listens, hears the same rhetoric from each of the would-be Republican nominees for President, they even use the same stock phrases. Again, I'm not excusing Obama, he too makes lofty speeches yet fails to use the bully pulpit to advantage.

The point I would hope to make, or at least convince some to consider is quite simple. I believe Obama is mainstream and that the Republican Party is not. The Republican Party has been supplanted, it is no longer the party of Lincoln or Roosevelt; it is the party of Wall Street, and represents the money interests and corporate America at a cost to all working Americans - public and private, unionized or not.

"Scapegoat Theory: Scapegoat theory is a social psychological term that relates to prejudice. According to this theory, people may be prejudice toward a group in order to vent their anger.

"One example is the holocaust. According to scapegoat theory, the Germans used the Jews, liberals, homosexuals and gypsies as scapegoats for all of their countries problems (which included economic problems across the country).

"Today as we watch, liberals, homosexuals, public employees, unions and undocumented workers [ Just for Del: Illegal Aliens ] are the scapegoats for the far right. Ordinary Americans are pitted against ordinary Americans in a battle for a small piece of the economic pie, as the neo-GOP continues to use hate and fear to divide our nation and further enrich themselves and the very wealthy.

"And let the personal attacks begin. None are so blind as those who will not see, for plutocracy in America is a vivid reality to those who choose to look."

Others who choose to be cavil are welcome to do so too. Personal attacks come in many forms, from the glib to the profane and I'm used to them.

thanks for amending your drivel.
if i'd wanted to listen to sophomoric crap, i would've taken psych 101 instead of a real course, like art history. :lol:

i do appreciate the thought, though.

And I appreciate how soon you resorted to a personal attack. Your willful ignorance is noted and your comments are dismissed, not because they are sophomoric, but because they emanate from an asshole. See, a personal attack can be upfront and honest, not simply glib and, well, sophomoric.

i'm sorry that the pap you posted seems like a revelation to you instead of the sophomoric, *look, mom, i read an elementary psych text* pablum that it is. it's neither original nor particularly earth shattering to anyone above the age of 12. i don't think you're an asshole, just not particularly acute.

you should get out more.

enjoy your dudgeon. :thup:

So, let's go back to the OP; the response, other than the usual personal attacks, has been light. One poster suggested all government at all times has groups to scapegoat. On this I generally agree, thought I generally avoid universals.

What we are seeing today is a strategy by the GOP to go after pubic employees; for the past two years or so the GOP has focused blame on illegal aliens (a dysphemism, for sure), the poor, liberals, progressives and Democrats. Never once has the Republican Party admitted complicity in the economic collapse, acknowledged off-budget spending on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars greatly contributed to our national debt, or their failures to stem the flood of illegal immigration or bring the cost of healthcare down to reasonable levels. Yet they blame Obama & the Democrats in Congress for our current economic malaise and the great debt which has been created.

I am in no way excusing the Democrats; many Democrats in Congress greatly contributed to the crisis which befell our nation in the fall of 2008 and to the on-going occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. Clearly matters of international concern, yet we have paid the price in blood and treasure.

The GOP has moved far right, and anyone who listens, hears the same rhetoric from each of the would-be Republican nominees for President, they even use the same stock phrases. Again, I'm not excusing Obama, he too makes lofty speeches yet fails to use the bully pulpit to advantage.

The point I would hope to make, or at least convince some to consider is quite simple. I believe Obama is mainstream and that the Republican Party is not. The Republican Party has been supplanted, it is no longer the party of Lincoln or Roosevelt; it is the party of Wall Street, and represents the money interests and corporate America at a cost to all working Americans - public and private, unionized or not.

:lol::lol::lol:

Emoticons are so (a)cute. Are you too lazy to offer an alternative perspective on reality Del, or is being cheeky an easy way for you to participate? I don't really mind, for I read your posts whenever I come across one and most are right of center nonsense, and seem not to be an effort to communicate.

I regularly type "thought" for "though". Was this one more cavil comment? Though for a moment I thought you might actually attempt to communicate, your use of emoticons proved my thought was incorrect - though some day you might surprise me.

Last edited:

Emoticons are so (a)cute. Are you too lazy to offer an alternative perspective on reality Del, or is being cheeky an easy way for you to participate? I don't really mind, for I read your posts whenever I come across one and most are right of center nonsense, and seem not to be an effort to communicate.

if you can't see the humor in your statement, i can't help you.

you're either humorless (most likely) or stupid. in either case, it's not my problem.

Scapegoat Theory: Scapegoat theory is a social psychological term that relates to prejudice. According to this theory, people may be prejudice toward a group in order to vent their anger.

One example is the holocaust. According to scapegoat theory, the Germans used the Jews, liberals, homosexuals and gypsies as scapegoats for all of their countries problems (which included economic problems across the country).

Today as we watch, liberals, homosexuals, public employees, unions and undocumented workers are the scapegoats for the far right. Ordinary Americans are pitted against ordinary Americans in a battle for a small peice of the economic pie, as the neo-GOP continues to use hate and fear to divide our nation and further enrich themselves and the very wealthy.
And let the personal attacks begin. None are so blind as those who will not see, for plutocracy in America is a vivid reality to those who choose to look.

Oh the IRONY of what you just said.

My GAWD I have never seen a better situation for the saying;

That's the pot calling the kettle black

:laugh2::laugh2::lol::laugh2::laugh2:

Last edited:

you're either humorless (most likely) or stupid. in either case, it's not my problem.

Nope, wrong on both counts, and you do have a problem - strike three. Being unable to post a counterpoint you fall back on arrogance and personal attacks. More evidence you're an asshole. One can attack the person and their argument; of course your argument didn't exist so I'm stuck with stating the one obvious conclusion.
Post an opinion with some evidence that we are not a plutocracy, or continue with glib and specious attacks.

Scapegoat Theory: Scapegoat theory is a social psychological term that relates to prejudice. According to this theory, people may be prejudice toward a group in order to vent their anger.

One example is the holocaust. According to scapegoat theory, the Germans used the Jews, liberals, homosexuals and gypsies as scapegoats for all of their countries problems (which included economic problems across the country).

Today as we watch, liberals, homosexuals, public employees, unions and undocumented workers are the scapegoats for the far right. Ordinary Americans are pitted against ordinary Americans in a battle for a small peice of the economic pie, as the neo-GOP continues to use hate and fear to divide our nation and further enrich themselves and the very wealthy.
And let the personal attacks begin. None are so blind as those who will not see, for plutocracy in America is a vivid reality to those who choose to look.

Oh the IRONY of what you just said.

My GAWD I have never seen a better situation for the saying;

That's the pot calling the kettle black

:laugh2::laugh2::lol::laugh2::laugh2:

You think you're clever too. Sad when one cannot differentiate a personal attack from an observation of current events.
Even sadder that you too can't offer a counter-point and need to rely on emoticons.

Last edited:

Nope, wrong on both counts, and you do have a problem - strike three. Being unable to post a counterpoint you fall back on arrogance and personal attacks. More evidence you're an asshole. One can attack the person and their argument; of course your argument didn't exist so I'm stuck with stating the one obvious conclusion.
Post an opinion with some evidence that we are not a plutocracy, or continue with glib and specious attacks.

okay. you are an asshole with delusions of grandeur.

hope that helps :thup:

And still you refuse to offer a counter-point: Is it because you're stupid; brainwashed when only a light rinse was necessary (see, I do have a sense of humor); or has envy turned you into a green feathered monster?

Maybe you honestly believe public employee unions are the one and only cause of the fiscal crisis facing our nation; if so, see number one above.

And still you refuse to offer a counter-point: Is it because you're stupid; brainwashed when only a light rinse was necessary (see, I do have a sense of humor); or has envy turned you into a green feathered monster?

Maybe you honestly believe public employee unions are the one and only cause of the fiscal crisis facing our nation; if so, see number one above.

i don't argue with self righteous horse's asses; i mock them.

*shrug*

have a nice day. :thup:

i don't argue with self righteous horse's asses; i mock them.

*shrug*

have a nice day. :thup:

I have. Mrs. Catcher and I went to see The King's Speech; a very worthy winner of the Oscar last night.
Oh, and thanks for sharing, I knew you were at least part goony and now the picture is complete - a goony mocking bird.

Forum List

Back