A face on American Currency

I am merely looking towards the future.
I'm pro-active like that.

Sorry, I thought you were talking in the near term. My mistake.

But we still can't answer those questions until he finishes his time in office, and we can see what effect his decisions and policies will have. Then there is the harder decision of which of the current likenesses do we remove?

Some former presidents are on two pieces of currency.
Pick one.

Better idea.... let's name an aircraft carrier "SEAL Team 6". Cuz they helped.

Oops, quoted the wrong post. Clearly, mine is a response to the idiot who claims Obama 'got' OBL.

Thinking about it, maybe it would be more appropriate if he gets his name on the carrier that the French are having delivered in 2014.

I think Obama deserves an aircraft carrier to be named after him.
After all he got OBL.
I can agree with that.

But, if that's going to happen, he better reconsider defense spending priority. ;)
If he can't produce a body then all he deserves is one ub deze.

Attachments

• $watermeloncar.jpg
    $watermeloncar.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 47
Ronald Reagan is first in line. Obama does not have the accomplishments to be on currency.
$1 Washington
$2 Jefferson
$5 Lincoln
$10 Hamilton
$20 Jackson
$50 Grant
$100 Franklin
$500 McKinley
$1,000 Cleveland
$5,000 Madison
$10,000 Chase
$100,000 Wilson

Penny Lincoln
Nickel Washington
Dime Eisenhower
Quarter Washington
Silver Dollar Who knows anymore?

Huh, I didn't realize Washington was on two coins and the dollar bill.

Ronald Reagan is first in line. Obama does not have the accomplishments to be on currency.
$1 Washington
$2 Jefferson
$5 Lincoln
$10 Hamilton
$20 Jackson
$50 Grant
$100 Franklin
$500 McKinley
$1,000 Cleveland
$5,000 Madison
$10,000 Chase
$100,000 Wilson

Penny Lincoln
Nickel Washington
Dime Eisenhower
Quarter Washington

Jefferson is on the nickel, not Washington.

$1 Washington
$2 Jefferson
$5 Lincoln
$10 Hamilton
$20 Jackson
$50 Grant
$100 Franklin
$500 McKinley
$1,000 Cleveland
$5,000 Madison
$10,000 Chase
$100,000 Wilson

Penny Lincoln
Nickel Washington
Dime Eisenhower
Quarter Washington

Huh? That's Jefferson on the nickel and FDR on the dime, Washington is one the quarter and the one dollar bill. Jefferson is on the nickel and the $2 bill and Lincoln is on the penny and the $5.

Half dollar coins with the likeness of JFK are also still in production, though only available from the US Mint in proof sets and uncirculated rolls.
The only other US President to appear on coins in general circulation was Eisenhower on the dollar coin.
The only non President ever on a coin was Benjamin Franklin on the half dollar.

$1 Washington
$2 Jefferson
$5 Lincoln
$10 Hamilton
$20 Jackson
$50 Grant
$100 Franklin
$500 McKinley
$1,000 Cleveland
$5,000 Madison
$10,000 Chase
$100,000 Wilson

Penny Lincoln
Nickel Washington
Dime Eisenhower
Quarter Washington

Oh, and to answer your question about the dollar coins...

In December 2005, Congress decided to create a new series of $1 coins which will honor the former U.S. presidents. In 2007, Presidential coins of four different designs were produced. Another four designs will be produced each year, honoring the Presidents in order of service. (Grover Cleveland will be on two coins, since he served two non-consecutive terms.)

The program will run until at least 2016 with the coin commemorating Ronald Reagan, but may continue longer depending on the longevity of the currently living former presidents, and the longevity of the current president or presidents yet to be elected.

Dollar coin (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In December 2005, Congress decided to create a new series of $1 coins which will honor the former U.S. presidents. In 2007, Presidential coins of four different designs were produced. Another four designs will be produced each year, honoring the Presidents in order of service. (Grover Cleveland will be on two coins, since he served two non-consecutive terms.)

The program will run until at least 2016 with the coin commemorating Ronald Reagan, but may continue longer depending on the longevity of the currently living former presidents, and the longevity of the current president or presidents yet to be elected.

Then it looks like Obama may well be on the $1 coin in 2016 or 2017 along with Bush I and II and Clinton then.

Then it looks like Obama may well be on the $1 coin in 2016 or 2017 along with Bush I and II and Clinton then.

They can't be put on the coins until after they pass away. Which hopefully will not be for a good long while.

Half dollar coins with the likeness of JFK are also still in production, though only available from the US Mint in proof sets and uncirculated rolls.
The only other US President to appear on coins in general circulation was Eisenhower on the dollar coin.
The only non President ever on a coin was Benjamin Franklin on the half dollar.

What about Susan B Anthony?

Forum List

Back