A dying person's Christmas wish list!

You seem like a person to me who doesnt pay much attention to following tradition for traditions sake.

Deny all the traditions and bring many more of those intermost existential thoughts for this nonone to enjoy.

rage against the dying of the light my friend

You seem like a person to me who doesnt pay much attention to following tradition for traditions sake.

Deny all the traditions and bring many more of those intermost existential thoughts for this nonone to enjoy.

rage against the dying of the light my friend

Thanks, TM. You are most perceptive. My leanings are issue specific.

There is a book by Bobbie Ann Mason entitled Shiloh and Other Stories. I read this book when she was a new writer. But when my daughter got to college the short story Shiloh was required reading. When she came home she asked me what I thought it meant in the end of the story when the woman went up to the top of the cliffs at Shiloh. I told her I thought the analogy was 'higher ground.' Welllll, it seems that most of her class said she was going to jump and kill herself. The prof set them strainght by asking, 'how does getting out of a bad marriage, going to college, and breaking out of the mold equal suicide.' Then he assigned the class to write an essay about someone who had broken out of the mold. My daughter wrote about me. That still brings me to tears just thinking about it.

Anyway, despite all the shit on here, you know TM, that we all love you and wouldn't have anyone to really challenge us if you weren't here!

I thank you my dear.

This little old lady knows deep down the people here who appear to hate me most are the ones who need me most.

Enjoy your view from that higher ground.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Well, my doctors told me I probably wouldn't be around about now. What do they know! LOL

When they told me that I decided there were some things I really wanted to experience. I had already experienced Kopi Luwak. My next bucket list item was truffle oil. I found some on the web as there is nothing near that francy in my neck of the woods. For Thanksgiving I made potato salad with truffle oil and took it to my brother's house. That was the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted. Only one person there would eat it. I wouldn't even bring it home and I left the platter because I didn't want to have to wash it. So much for truffle oil.

I also decided that I wanted to buy the world's most expensive perfume. So, I looked it up, and found it costs $437,000 an ounce. I just wonder what they would do if I wrote and asked for a 'scratch and sniff.'??? LOL, I'm sure they would be rolling around in the floor laughing their asses off! I already have lots of expensive perfume, so I guess I'll have to go for the next most expensive by the same company and which is only about $350 and ounce!

Now, I cannot think of another thing I have wanted of life that I haven't had. Sure, if there were more time and I weren't hooked up to a pump, I would do more international travel, but the times aren't good for that anyway. I've been to my big two and pland the big 3 trip, which is in the US, in the spring.

When I was in my teens I thought I would be happy to make it to thirty. When I entered war in my twenties I really thought I would be happy to make it to thirty.

Then I was hit and thought I wouldn't make it many more days and prayed to be able to live through it and continue. I did and for my thirties, forties and fifties I thought I was doing quite well. I prayed for sixty and said that I would be happy if I made sixty.

Now I am back to renegotiating.

My doctors opinions notwithstanding. Too many of them have died on me :lol:

You're sharing your innermost existential thoughts on an internet messageboard nobody reads?

I read and shared mine with Sunshine. I feel better.

Do you feel better after your post Jstone?

Hmm...?

Forum List

Back