A dying person's Christmas wish list!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Well, my doctors told me I probably wouldn't be around about now. What do they know! LOL

When they told me that I decided there were some things I really wanted to experience. I had already experienced Kopi Luwak. My next bucket list item was truffle oil. I found some on the web as there is nothing near that francy in my neck of the woods. For Thanksgiving I made potato salad with truffle oil and took it to my brother's house. That was the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted. Only one person there would eat it. I wouldn't even bring it home and I left the platter because I didn't want to have to wash it. So much for truffle oil.

I also decided that I wanted to buy the world's most expensive perfume. So, I looked it up, and found it costs $437,000 an ounce. I just wonder what they would do if I wrote and asked for a 'scratch and sniff.'??? LOL, I'm sure they would be rolling around in the floor laughing their asses off! I already have lots of expensive perfume, so I guess I'll have to go for the next most expensive by the same company and which is only about $350 and ounce!

Now, I cannot think of another thing I have wanted of life that I haven't had. Sure, if there were more time and I weren't hooked up to a pump, I would do more international travel, but the times aren't good for that anyway. I've been to my big two and pland the big 3 trip, which is in the US, in the spring.

CU in the Spring, Sweetie!

And, who needs the perfume when you can bake cookies with the windows closed and go sniff a gardenia at the nursery!

Well, my doctors told me I probably wouldn't be around about now. What do they know! LOL

When they told me that I decided there were some things I really wanted to experience. I had already experienced Kopi Luwak. My next bucket list item was truffle oil. I found some on the web as there is nothing near that francy in my neck of the woods. For Thanksgiving I made potato salad with truffle oil and took it to my brother's house. That was the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted. Only one person there would eat it. I wouldn't even bring it home and I left the platter because I didn't want to have to wash it. So much for truffle oil.

I also decided that I wanted to buy the world's most expensive perfume. So, I looked it up, and found it costs $437,000 an ounce. I just wonder what they would do if I wrote and asked for a 'scratch and sniff.'??? LOL, I'm sure they would be rolling around in the floor laughing their asses off! I already have lots of expensive perfume, so I guess I'll have to go for the next most expensive by the same company and which is only about $350 and ounce!

Now, I cannot think of another thing I have wanted of life that I haven't had. Sure, if there were more time and I weren't hooked up to a pump, I would do more international travel, but the times aren't good for that anyway. I've been to my big two and pland the big 3 trip, which is in the US, in the spring.

Ahh, I did not realize that about you.
I too have outlived my doctors predictions.
As long as it is not too bad I will take what I can get.

You're sharing your innermost existential thoughts on an internet messageboard nobody reads?

Good for you Sunshine.... you just keep filling that bucket list...and making fun plans.

((hugs))

Ahh, I did not realize that about you.
I too have outlived my doctors predictions.
As long as it is not too bad I will take what I can get.

I didnt either.

I hope whats left of both your times are sweetly warm and a little giddy.

Not one of us really knows how much time we have coming.

There are plenty who think they have plenty of time only to find out they dont.

Sitting on this spinning ball and watching the motion arround me has always been entertaining to me.

I am so glad to be entertained by such simple things as the loving eyes of a soft coated dog and the silly squeals of the children playing next door.

They to me are more precious than the finest commodities this spinning ball has to offer.

Many joys to both of you.

all of us have a dead person in us that is trying to get out.......

since your doctors were wrong about you not being dead by now, you should demand a refund.......

if that is a pic of you in your avie, one thing you can try is to have sex with people who have screen names that start with "vaa"........ eh, was worth a shot......

Last edited:

The best of luck to you and your battle, Sunshine.
There's a warrior in all of us, I'm glad you found yours.

Keep beating the doctor's predictions! Good luck!

Katzndogz said:
I hope you have many more adventures before the final voyage.
I agree......... Dont ever lose hope ok??

Things are going to be fine :)

Peace and love to you!!

Having seen many die now, I have realized it is the small things that count.. Enjoy your life doing normal things.

I've been on a spiritual journey for some years now and I've come to realize that Christmas can be depressing if you continue to look at it in terms of magical, mystical, miraculous.

Always live each day and every moment, if you can bring yourself to stop thinking too much. We've known that Citizen is not in the best of health for awhile but he always acts like he is.

Don't let the Christmas spirit get you down, know that you will still be here next Christmas and take whatever gifts happen upon you everyday.

:)

Last edited:
Thanks y'all. My next MD appointment at Vanderbilt is January 31. In my family, we ALL die in January. My late husband even picked up on that tradition. If I make it to my next appiontment, I will live another year to come here and bug y'all. :lol:

When I was in Nursing school we got a fair dose of Erik Erikson's theory of developmental tasks. THEN when I was TEACHING nursing, I ran across a tape of an interview with his wife who had helped with his writing. She was 90. In this tape she basically talked about how full of BS they were when they decided what the end of life developmental tasks are. She said they should have gone and talked to some old people and then written their theory. What a lovely lady. She was SO right. ALL nurses have been fed an unhealthy dose of Erikson. How irritating it is to have some 23 year old nurse who thinks she knows what my developmental 'task' is. But the saving grace here is that I have an MD who gets me. He has read Tom Robbins and as I said there are two kinds of people in the word, those who have read Tom Robbins and those who have not.

I did reread Jitterbug Perfume as I had planned to do when I retired, and see why that was such an influential book in my life. I have a little timetable. Need to finish the only other book I had planned to reread, finish updating my house, and do some writing. Oh how I would like to write a piece called Erik Erikson was full of SHIT! Ego Integrity vs Despair my fat ass! I know there are a lot of bitter old people. I know that. But when I was in my 30s I had a bad patch and a wonderful pastoral counselor told me that all you get out of this life is what you can scratch out of it and that I needed to start scratching. THEN my husband became ill and died. We had postponed so many things. We had even postponed having children with the consequence being that he didn't get to see his son and daughter grow up. I swore then to never walk past an open door, never turn down and invitation, and never miss out on anything again.

Last edited by a moderator:
all of us have a dead person in us that is trying to get out.......

since your doctors were wrong about you not being dead by now, you should demand a refund.......

if that is a pic of you in your avie, one thing you can try is to have sex with people who have screen names that start with "vaa"........ eh, was worth a shot......

LOL. There have been many comments on my avatar. As yet, I have not posted on the open forum about it. That is not me. I am just a fat old redhead, LOL. My avatar pic is Bettie Paige, a 1940s pin up girl from Nashville. She was sensational, IMO. She died a few years back at the age of 85 or 86. The article will tell. But she looks as modern in her pics as any woman today. With the exception of not having basketballs installed in her mammaries and pretending they look like anything normal. She was he real deal!

Bettie Page - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting factoid: She sewed most of her own bikinis.

Last edited:
You're sharing your innermost existential thoughts on an internet messageboard nobody reads?

Hmm......may not be true. Last night there were 105 members logged in and almost 500 guests just reading, maybe.

Forum List

Back