A DUI in Pennsylvania could cost you your second amendment rights

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A drunken driving conviction could mean losing the right to buy and own firearms in Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals has decided.
A DUI in Pennsylvania could cost you your Second Amendment rights | TribLIVE.com

Because the power of the people is weak and they allow wusises to descend upon our GOD GIVEN NATURAL RIGHT TO GAWD DAM PROTECT OURSELVES LIKE IT OR NOT DUMB ASSES!!

EUROPE has no guns you rejects and their women are getting raped like crazy MSM is hiding it all idiots.

Great move
Take away their guns

Not responsible enough to drive, not responsible enough to shoot

Why is this even an issue? Shouldn't those who are guilty of DUI be serving a prison sentence, especially should a life be taken because of the DUI?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You can’t control your drinking
You shouldn’t be running around with a gun
That's not how your Constitutional rights work, Spanky.

Because someone violates one law doesn't mean the appropriate response is to revoke a Constitutionally guaranteed right.

Your brainless post has been overruled just like this decision will be.

A blood alcohol level of twice the legal level and a 2nd conviction is a felony. What's all the fuss about? Convicted felons forfeit their right to possess a firearm.

Why is this even an issue? Shouldn't those who are guilty of DUI be serving a prison sentence, especially should a life be taken because of the DUI?
God bless you always!!!
Holly

Let's get one thing straight. A DUI isn't the end of the world. Driving drunk is a crime and should get you a day in court and a fine. A stiff fine. A second offense should maybe get you some time in jail. Maybe a week or two. You were drunk, you didn't rob a bank. A third offense should maybe cost you your license, time in jail, rehab, the works. A DUI isn't hitting someone. Hitting someone drunk is involuntary manslaughter, quite a different thing. How dare anyone assume that just because you were drunk, that you are about to kill someone.

Almost as bad is the suggestion that driving drunk should cost you your constitutional rights! Who decided that? You were drunk so you do not deserve to own a gun? You are a danger to yourself and the community? Can't be trusted with a loaded weapon?

I'm not defending drunk driving, what I'm pointing out is that this is just another attempt to find any excuse they can to take guns from the citizenry and sidestep the Constitution. THEY WANT A DISARMED POPULACE, and will walk all over the law to do so.

The government: the greatest breaker of laws there is, especially ones written to restrain government, made all the worst because they design the system that it is almost impossible to hold them accountable.

Hmm... "Shall not be infringed..."

Adults having trouble with reading things?

God bless you always!!!
Holly
Let's get one thing straight. A DUI isn't the end of the world. Driving drunk is a crime and should get you a day in court and a fine. A stiff fine. A second offense should maybe get you some time in jail. Maybe a week or two. You were drunk, you didn't rob a bank. A third offense should maybe cost you your license, time in jail, rehab, the works. A DUI isn't hitting someone. Hitting someone drunk is involuntary manslaughter, quite a different thing. How dare anyone assume that just because you were drunk, that you are about to kill someone.

Almost as bad is the suggestion that driving drunk should cost you your constitutional rights! Who decided that? You were drunk so you do not deserve to own a gun? You are a danger to yourself and the community? Can't be trusted with a loaded weapon?

I'm not defending drunk driving, what I'm pointing out is that this is just another attempt to find any excuse they can to take guns from the citizenry and sidestep the Constitution. THEY WANT A DISARMED POPULACE, and will walk all over the law to do so.

The government: the greatest breaker of laws there is, especially ones written to restrain government, made all the worst because they design the system that it is almost impossible to hold them accountable.
I agree that this is just another way to take guns from those who have them, but as far as drunk driving goes, I used to have a cousin who had to serve a week in jail for his first DUI offense due to his out of state drivers license. This took place over 15 years ago. Therefore, the punishments for DUI these days are most likely even more severe which in my opinion is how they should be. You say that a DUI is not the end of the world. Well three of my other cousins had to pay a huge price for it when their dad was left for dead after being hit by a drunk driver on July 29, 2011.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!
Holly

I agree that this is just another way to take guns from those who have them, but as far as drunk driving goes, I used to have a cousin who had to serve a week in jail for his first DUI offense due to his out of state drivers license. This took place over 15 years ago. Therefore, the punishments for DUI these days are most likely even more severe which in my opinion is how they should be. You say that a DUI is not the end of the world. Well three of my other cousins had to pay a huge price for it when their dad was left for dead after being hit by a drunk driver on July 29, 2011.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Like I said Holly, if repeated trips to court and fines and time in jail, rehab and everything else can't help you, then nothing will. Those that are going to get blind stupid drunk AND drive won't be stopped by any law in the world. Some people might drive drunk a thousand times and never hit anyone. Another person might go out their first night drunk and total a bus full of school kids. You don't even need to be drunk! In the end, we have cars, we have alcohol and we have liberty, and some people just can't handle the combo; that's why it always pays to be very aware of the other cars when driving.

^^^ Which is why I think that a person should be put away for good should they be busted enough for such behavior. The big question is how many times should be in a person's history before they are put away permanently?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back