a Drs. new Health care Opinion

And, why is it so popular in Mass?

I've written about my son who just sold his condo in Cambridge and bought a house, also in Cambridge.

Boston is very progressive. One of the first things you notice there is how few businesses are shuttered and closed. The people love their version of Affordable Care.

For that matter, our own Congress's health care plan is very similar and you don't hear of any of them wanting to end it.

If we tax payers have to pay for their health care plan, why can't they allow us to have the same high caliber plan? Hmmmm ??

I'm really sick of the STOOOPID rw lies like, "my doctor is going to all cash" and "my doctor is quitting". You rw's need to THINK before you lie.

Last edited:

I've written about my son who just sold his condo in Cambridge and bought a house, also in Cambridge.

Boston is very progressive. One of the first things you notice there is how few businesses are shuttered and closed. The people love their version of Affordable Care.

For that matter, our own Congress's health care plan is very similar and you don't hear of any of them wanting to end it.

If we tax payers have to pay for their health care plan, why can't they allow us to have the same high caliber plan? Hmmmm ??

I'm really sick of the STOOOPID rw lies like, "my doctor is going to all cash" and "my doctor is quitting". You rw's need to THINK before you lie.

You are the one believing the lefties lies.
They are not lying. Many Doctors are thinking of quiting.
Physician Attitudes Survey - June 2012 | Doctor Patient Medical Association
Our Doctor stopped accepting new Medicare patients, because she can't afford it.

Hey how many Doctors quit after ROmney passed OBamacare in Massachusetts?

They are not lying. Many Doctors are thinking of quiting.
Physician Attitudes Survey - June 2012 | Doctor Patient Medical Association
Our Doctor stopped accepting new Medicare patients, because she can't afford it.

You hafta get out more. THAT was the "study" that was proven to be FAKE. If you would turn of fux, beck and dredge, you would know that. For that matter, it has been posted her several times.

PolitiFact | GOP lawmaker Jeff Duncan repeats survey finding that 83 percent of doctors are considering quitting due to Obamacare

Comically Awful Survey Says 83 Percent Of Doctors Might Quit Over Obamacare | Blog | Media Matters for America

Conservative study on Obamacare full of holes - National populist | Examiner.com

I got my letter yesterday. My doctor is on leave until mid-november when he will make his decision on whether to continue to keep his practice open at all.

While I recognize that this post is a lie and rather comical one at that, I do have one more comment to make on this whole "doctors are quitting" farce ...

Doctors will do extremely well under the Affordable Care Act but even if they did not, I'm a lot less concerned about them than I am concerned for my self and my family's well being.

Frankly, if given a choice, doctors are pretty far down on my list of people I want to take care of.

Oh yeah, and as we all know, the op is a lie as well.

I got my letter yesterday. My doctor is on leave until mid-november when he will make his decision on whether to continue to keep his practice open at all.

While I recognize that this post is a lie and rather comical one at that, I do have one more comment to make on this whole "doctors are quitting" farce ...

Doctors will do extremely well under the Affordable Care Act but even if they did not, I'm a lot less concerned about them than I am concerned for my self and my family's well being.

Frankly, if given a choice, doctors are pretty far down on my list of people I want to take care of.

If you really are worried about your family, you should worry about the doctors. Sure, current doctors probably won't quit. But you can guarantee that prospective physicians will be swayed toward other lucrative fields such as business and engineering. We will be left either with a shortage of doctors or a decline in quality. Either will be bad news for our future. Keep in mind that the big paycheck is hard to see when you are in debt up to your eyeballs with four years of school left. Taking away the carrot will discourage bright minds from pursuing medicine.

I have to agree with this to some degree. Doctors have been on the receiving end of the "Let's regulate ourselves some profits!" game for a long time. I'm not gonna cry a river if the get bit themselves. But it's still not right, and overall, things will be much worse for health care consumers when the corporatists take over completely.

Whether or not one believes doctors are over paid, they do deserve to be paid for their work. But to say they will lose patients is just nonsense.

Just as that bogus "survey" is nonsense.

Whether or not one believes doctors are over paid, they do deserve to be paid for their work. But to say they will lose patients is just nonsense.

My father in law is a Urologist who recently began informing patients that as of Jan 2013 he won't be accepting Medicaid or Medicare because the costs of billing the government are too consuming. Any patients Medicare/Medicaid patients will have to get prior approval, pay on credit, and get reimbursed. He is one of three private practice physicians in a city of $200,000 people, 30% are retirees. The other two dropped Medicaid and Medicare two years ago. I hope the two urologists at the hospital can meet the demands.

So, tell me how doctors won't lose patients. He will see fewer patients and make the same salary.

And as I've said before, the survey is wrong to imply that doctors will quit. They've put in too much time to just give up. But what do you think they will tell bright young minds who are considering medicine? That will definitely have an impact on the future of healthcare.

And as I've said before, the survey is wrong to imply that doctors will quit. They've put in too much time to just give up. But what do you think they will tell bright young minds who are considering medicine? That will definitely have an impact on the future of healthcare.

As a current medical student I have to say I agree with you in that I personally know brilliant students who right now are choosing alternate pathways (PA, nurse practitioner) as opposed to medical school as a result. Before coming to school I had students jokingly tell me that its not too late to change my mind, that its not worth it.

My question is, why is this a federal issue? Why don't the states get to choose if they want universal health care? I thought that was what the 10th amendment was for...

It's a fair question. Why did the number of primary care physicians per capita continue to rise in Massachusetts after Romneycare was enacted?

Picture%2B3.png

It's a fair question. Why did the number of primary care physicians per capita continue to rise in Massachusetts after Romneycare was enacted?

Picture%2B3.png

Because obviously if something works in Massachusetts it will work everywhere.

Yes, the numbers of doctors increased, but what about the quality? Will the number of physicians rise 5-10 years from now?

The huge problem with forcing this on the entire nation is that it won't work in all states and doctors who disagree with the laws don't have any other options. The bottom line is that it makes a career in healthcare less desirable and as a result, more brilliant people will work on wall street and the quality of doctors will decline.

Perhaps docs up there are just a more noble lot than in other places.

Or perhaps the hysteria is unnecessary.

According to lushbo, it works very well in Hawaii as well. Although, to be fair, when he was waxing eloquent over the excellent care he got, he didn't have a clue what he was talking about. If he had known, I have no doubt he would have said he got terrible care.

Thanks for the info.

Oh, and,congrats to "atlasshrugged" on his marriage today.:rolleyes:

Perhaps docs up there are just a more noble lot than in other places.

Or perhaps the hysteria is unnecessary.

According to lushbo, it works very well in Hawaii as well. Although, to be fair, when he was waxing eloquent over the excellent care he got, he didn't have a clue what he was talking about. If he had known, I have no doubt he would have said he got terrible care.

Thanks for the info.

Oh, and,congrats to "atlasshrugged" on his marriage today.:rolleyes:

I just reported this double post and hopefully, it will soon be deleted.

Sorry and I have no idea how they're happening. Weird.

Forum List

Back