A drop in 343 quintrillion gallons of water in all the oceans!!

Oops! Looks like the global warming/climate change scam artists are WRONG AGAIN!

But they've never allowed FACTS to get in the way of their multi-billion dollar "carbon credit" scam, or their multi-trillion dollar demands for ALL nations in the world to lower CO2 emissions to as close to zero as possible.

Why don't these enviro-nazis just go away?

Because there is too much money at stake. G.E., for instance, stands to make mega billions through 'green energy' projects and initiatives, most especially if Cap & Trade is ever fully implemented. It will cost the 'little people' mega billions, but the big boys will rake in the profits, while we will continue to see neglible effect on climate change which I am increasingly convinced was never the objective in the first place.

So G.E. and other mega corporations, as well as the U.S. government, keeps pouring big money into scientific studies so long as the results continue to show a global crisis and impending doom unless we adopt the most extreme environmental rules, laws, projects and initiatives to combat global warming.

Follow the money and you fully understand why the 'deniers' and 'skeptics' are not allowed much of a forum to get their message out.

Less comprehensible are the lay environmentalist wackos who seem so eager to give up their personal freedoms, options, opportunities, and choices at the altar of global warming and what increasingly appears to be bogus science. What compels them to do that?

So wait a minute....

That guy that sold me "oceanfront property to be" in Kentucky was full of crap?

He seemed to know what he was talking about. He was wearing a long white coat, glasses and a pocket protector.

How could he have been wrong?

From your link.

It was revealed by John Wahr, from the University of Colorado, one of the lead authors of the study, is of the view that the region is one of the small contributors for the entire ice melting in the world. It has other places to be taken into consideration such as Greenland and Antarctica. The estimate from these places was said to be at about 385 billion tons each year.

"It's Greenland and Antarctica that pose by far the greatest threat to rising sea levels in the future. These results suggest that care should be taken in extending the 2003–2010 results presented in this paper to longer time periods”, he said further.

There is basically need for more efforts to be made by the world authorities to curb the melting of these major glaciers. There is need for making more efforts to make the world awakened about global warming, so that efforts are made to fight it well in the near future.

RIGHT!!!!!!
OK maybe Mr. Wahr like you need to do a simple arithmetic exercise like I did!
1) I used the 385 billion tons figure OK... even though the estimate like Himalayan
maybe overstated by 92%!
2) 385 billion tons of water equals 770 trillion pounds.
3) 770 trillion pounds at 64 oz to to a gallon equals 12.031 trillion gallons!
4) There are 343,423,668,428,484,000,000 ( 343.4 quintillion) gallons in all the oceans!
5) 12.031 trillion gallons (all glacer water from 385 billion tons)
6) divided by 343.4 quintillion gallons is equal to
7) 0.000003503% of all the water in all the oceans.

SO would YOU please explain HOW 0.000003503% (12. trillion gallons) can be deleterious to the 343.4 quintillion gallons in all the oceans?

I mean I'm still trying to fathom (sailing term for you...) how.........
"According to Mr. Gore the polar ice caps will collapse and melt and sea levels will rise 20 feet inundating the coast cities making 100 million of us refugees"!
snopes.com: John Coleman on Global Warming

Jarhead wrote: That guy that sold me "oceanfront property to be" in Kentucky was full of crap?
:confused:
Dat's why Granny holdin' onto the barnlot out back - so's she can turn it into a beachfront cabana when the water gets up...
:eusa_shhh:
NASA Satellite Data Helps Scientists Measure Earth's Melting Land Ice
February 10, 2012 - U.S. researchers say the first measurements of the Earth’s melting land ice using NASA satellite data shows the shrinking ice caps and glaciers led to a 12 millimeter increase in global sea levels from 2003 to 2010.
The scientists from the University of Colorado at Boulder made their calculations with data collected by the U.S. space agency’s twin GRACE satellites. They say the results indicate the Earth has lost more than 4.3 trillion tons of land ice from Greenland, Antarctica, and the ice caps during the seven year period covered in the study.

The scientists say the new findings will help answer important questions about rising sea levels, as well as how the Earth’s cold regions are responding to global climate changes.

The University of Colorado researchers say the advantage of using the satellites’ measurements is they see all the mass in the glacier and ice cap system. Traditional estimates were made using ground measurements from only a small fraction of the planet's total land ice area.

The new University of Colorado at Boulder-led study is published in the journal, Nature.

Source

Forum List

Back