A dozen things people who are not voting for Ron Paul are basically saying...

If Ron Paul had run against FDR and won in 1940 we would not ony be speaking German, but all your guns would have been taken away and only one political party would be legal - the ultra conservative Nazi Party.

Lol truly adorable

If people dug into Ron Paul and the LP, here is what they would learn:

The LP wants to eliminate the FDA.
Good.

The LP wants to legalize all drugs.
Total lie...Ending the failed federal "war" on (some) drugs would hand the issue over to the states, which are no more likely to legalize heroin tomorrow than anyone else.

The LP wants the military to be the size of a cub scout troop.
Inane hyperbole, not even worth a reasoned response.

The LP wants the government to be about 5 percent of its current size.
Problem being?

Just these things alone would cause people to soundly reject Ron Paul and the LP.
No, they're reasons for you to reject them.

Visit their web site (Libertarian Party | Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government), join their forums, talk to them. Listen to their reasoning about how the FDA kills millons of people. Decide for yourself.

I can't be more fair than that.
Then it's safe to say that you cannot be fair at all.

Last edited:
Although Ron Paul has several real good ideas, I wouldn't vote for him because he's as crazy as a shit house rat.

People thought the American patriots who wanted freedom from the biggest baddest Empire on the planet were crazy as a shit house rat too. I wonder who is laughing now.

Although Ron Paul has several real good ideas, I wouldn't vote for him because he's as crazy as a shit house rat.

The sad thing is, people like you vote who vote for the status quo, don't think it's crazy as rat shit what our current gov't is doing.

Trillions in debt, warmongering everywhere, crumbling infrastructure, pathetic education, all that stuff is ok, but Ron Paul is crazy.

1. I looked at Article 1 Section 8. Can't find the FDA in there. Clearly a 10th amendment thing.
2. People have the right to choose what to consume into their own bodies. Why does government remove this right?
3. Wrong. We just want our military protecting us instead of policing the world.
4. Wrong. We just want our government to adhere to original intent.

Why is "liberty" so scary to Americans? Hundreds of thousands of Americans died for liberty from the 18th century to now yet people reject it...please explain why that is.

Derp.

Who says liberty is scary to Americans? Another strawman. I served on active duty for 20 years and no one loves freedom and liberty more than I. Your mistake is believing you are the sole proprieters of liberty.

You aren't.

I should have mentioned people should be sure to familiarize themselves with logical fallacies when interacting with Libertarians.

You want the military considerably shrunk to the point where we would not be able to keep the sea lanes open or our overseas interests protected. Your isolationist attitude betrays a desire to return to the Jeffersonian vision of a nation of farmers. My "cub scout troop" was a rhetorical summary of that attitude because the military we would have in Libertopia would be able to protect us about as well as a cub scout troop.

As for drugs, this is the part about not understanding human nature one bit that I was talking about. The LP wants to legalize all of them. Fine. See how far that gets you with the majority of Americans.

And show you the FDA in the Constitution? Are you really that ignorant? "To regulate commerce with foreign states, and among the several states..."

You say something like that and then deny the government would not be 5 percent of its size after we remove everything you can't see in the Constitution?

1. I looked at Article 1 Section 8. Can't find the FDA in there. Clearly a 10th amendment thing.
2. People have the right to choose what to consume into their own bodies. Why does government remove this right?
3. Wrong. We just want our military protecting us instead of policing the world.
4. Wrong. We just want our government to adhere to original intent.

Why is "liberty" so scary to Americans? Hundreds of thousands of Americans died for liberty from the 18th century to now yet people reject it...please explain why that is.

Derp.

Who says liberty is scary to Americans? Another strawman. I served on active duty for 20 years and no one loves freedom and liberty more than I. Your mistake is believing you are the sole proprieters of liberty.

You aren't.

I should have mentioned people should be sure to familiarize themselves with logical fallacies when interacting with Libertarians.

You want the military considerably shrunk to the point where we would not be able to keep the sea lanes open or our overseas interests protected. Your isolationist attitude betrays a desire to return to the Jeffersonian vision of a nation of farmers. My "cub scout troop" was a rhetorical summary of that attitude because the military we would have in Libertopia would be able to protect us about as well as a cub scout troop.
Reiterating inane hyperbole doesn't make it less inane hyperbole.

As for drugs, this is the part about not understanding human nature one bit that I was talking about. The LP wants to legalize all of them. Fine. See how far that gets you with the majority of Americans.
As was pointed out before, handing the issue over to the states does not immediately amount to legalization...There are no federal statutes against prostitution, yet how many states have legalized the practice?

And show you the FDA in the Constitution? Are you really that ignorant? "To regulate commerce with foreign states, and among the several states..."
Ahh, the old fallacious invocation of the commerce clause..An old liberoidal favorite...The commerce clause doesn't say "create a giant protection racket".

You say something like that and then deny the government would not be 5 percent of its size after we remove everything you can't see in the Constitution?
And the problem with that would be?

Last edited:
If Ron Paul had run against FDR and won in 1940 we would not ony be speaking German, but all your guns would have been taken away and only one political party would be legal - the ultra conservative Nazi Party.

propagnd_usa_itcanhap_lg.jpg

That's actually from World War 1, but since the propaganda is always the same it applies.

The sad thing is, people like you vote who vote for the status quo, don't think it's crazy as rat shit what our current gov't is doing.

Trillions in debt, warmongering everywhere, crumbling infrastructure, pathetic education, all that stuff is ok, but Ron Paul is crazy.

Right, and the people who tell us libertarians don't know "human nature" are throwing out the "they hate us for our freedoms" nonsense.

Right, and the people who tell us libertarians don't know "human nature" are throwing out the "they hate us for our freedoms" nonsense.

The 2 parties and their media puppets have done a spectacular job of convincing us all that anything different than them is crazy.

Blowing up random spots all over the middle east and africa, continuing multiple decade failures like the Drug War and Department of Education, our enormous prison populations, a never-ending never-to-be-paid national debt, an economy that's been in turmoil for 12 years, all that stuff is normal and actually a good thing. Radical change is bad and to be feared and mocked.

Forum List

Back