A Dose Of Realism

Paradise has many of my family, safe in the arms of the Lord. And there will be much hugging when I see them again.
I hope yours is there too. :)

Good thing this thread isn't titled: "A dose of realism" or your post would self-destruct. :lol:

A dose of realism:
Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The truth could persuade me, anytime. And the truth is, that passage was written long after that Luke fellow was supposed to have lived and is likely fragmentary at best..

Luke was considered a brilliant writer, historian, physician, and a contemporary of Paul.
Here is proof that Luke and Acts were NOT written by someone else after Luke's death, and puts to rest your myth that only Biblical fragments remain at best:

Parts of the New Testament have been preserved in more manuscripts than any other ancient work, having over 5,800 complete or fragmented Greek manuscripts, 10,000 Latin manuscripts and 9,300 manuscripts in various other ancient languages including Syriac, Slavic, Gothic, Ethiopic, Coptic and Armenian.

The Bible isn't a/one book. It is a compilation of manuscripts. 66 manuscripts by 40 authors. There was rarely only one copy. Instead of Xerox, they had scribes who's work was painstakingly checked and rechecked for accuracy.
New Testament manuscripts handwritten in the original Greek format are constantly being unearthed (literally). The latest substantial find was in 2008, when 47 new manuscripts were discovered.

Matthew 24:35
The earth and the heavens will disappear, but my words will never disappear.
Boom.

Forum List

Back