A Direct stimulus check to consumers,would work better than Obama's Tax cuts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/assissing-the-impact-of-the-fiscal-stimulus.pdf

They studied what types of stimulus work to create more dollar bang per buck.

UI benifits return 1.64 per buck
Food stamps return 1.73 per buck
General state aid return 1.36 per busk
Infrastructure spending return 1.59 per buck

Permenent tas cuts?????

well they return 0.30 per buck

We've had enough tax cuts and enough stimulus checks. Infrastructure spending is the only thing that makes sense because it is the only thing from which we actually gain something concrete. There is no quick fix to get us out of the mess we are now in. It's going to take time.

I believe I direct Stimulus check payment would stimulate the economy better than a drawn
out tax cut. People need a large infusion of cash now, not a trickle down increase in revenue, as is the case with Obama's current economic stimulus plan.

A check to every America of $5,000.00 dollars should do the trick to stimulate spending once again in America.Do the math, that adds up to just about $700.00 Billon doesn't it?

OP: Um .... yeah ... that worked, since now they are taking the last one back because *gasp* they don't have no money to cover them. Oh, and the 'boost' from the last really did help ... a few more businesses fail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/assissing-the-impact-of-the-fiscal-stimulus.pdf

They studied what types of stimulus work to create more dollar bang per buck.

UI benifits return 1.64 per buck
Food stamps return 1.73 per buck
General state aid return 1.36 per busk
Infrastructure spending return 1.59 per buck

Permenent tas cuts?????

well they return 0.30 per buck

We've had enough tax cuts and enough stimulus checks. Infrastructure spending is the only thing that makes sense because it is the only thing from which we actually gain something concrete. There is no quick fix to get us out of the mess we are now in. It's going to take time.

So if I'm totally broke, and having trouble paying my debt, I should invest to remodel my kitchen? Infrastructure is crumbling, and repairs would've been nice instead of all this welfare and warfare, but since when can we afford destroying more jobs to remodel?

Forum List

Back