A DIRE threat to the 2nd Amendment

And if the make-up of the court remains the same, there should be no doubt Scalia, et al, will extend that decision to the States.... regardkess of how badly the D.C. case was written.

The case is currently before the court to incorporate it to the states, it will be an affirmitive decision on the progeny of Heller, no question!!

And if the make-up of the court remains the same, there should be no doubt Scalia, et al, will extend that decision to the States.... regardkess of how badly the D.C. case was written.

The case is currently before the court to incorporate it to the states, it will be an affirmitive decision on the progeny of Heller, no question!!

Absolutely.

Heller is still horribly written. The dissent is much more cogent.

Absolutely.

Heller is still horribly written. The dissent is much more cogent.

I don't think it was, as the Q presented did not address the state's incorporation, as DC is a federal enclave.

Any idea what the Certiorari vote was? I know it takes at least 4 Justices.

Being aware of what stealth committees in Congress plan for us is not necessarily paranoia. Some day, a bill will sneak through because not enough people worried about it happening. It is enlightening to learn of the tendencies and philosophies of those controlling our legal system and re-writing our laws.

This thread is a near duplicate of this thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/91227-let-the-disarming-begin.html

Maybe every American should have to pass a written test and get a permit to exercise each of their constitutional rights.

Right to vote? Wait - you have to pass this test first.

Free speech? Where's your permit.

Could your right to vote can't kill 4 women at an LA fitness?

Thanks for the completely ridiculous analogy.

I personally own 3 handguns and had to test and register for each.
What's the big deal?

HR.45 is a vile bill now in Congress that would do several very bad things.

It would create a NATIONAL registry of all firearms legally owned in the Country. It would require that anyone that owns a firearm and moves has 60 days to update said address for each weapon they own.

It would stop all sales of firearms except through licensed dealers. Any sale made without the use of a Licensed dealer would be a Federal Crime.

It would create a written exam that must be taken and passed before one can exercise their Second Amendment right to own a firearm. ( anyone else remember how easy it is to fix a written test so people fail? Try poll taxes and voter tests in the South.)

It would require that anyone attempting to buy a firearm must release EVERY bit of their medical history to the US Government.

It would create a 25 dollar tax on top of all other taxes for any purchase of a firearm.

H.R. 45 - Summary: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Here is the summary you can use it to access the full bill.

And you are stirring up controversy where none exists. That bill was introduced last January, got dumped to a committee in February, and that's where it still sits.

H.R.45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

OpenCongress Summary

The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act would establish a nationwide system for prohibiting unlicensed gun-ownership. If approved, the law would require gun owners to apply for five-year licenses to own firearms, and would give the U.S. Attorney General broad authority over the program.

This is a fringe bill with no co-sponsors that has virtually zero chance of becoming law.

Simple solution is to ignore it.

How else is the government going to know you have a gun unless you register it or walk around with it in full display?

The next patriot act will require random searches of peoples' houses. Terral told me all about it.

They paint the curbs different colors so they can pull up to the same colored curbs at the FEMA camps and take you to a different place, depending on your classification

Who is Terral? An Alex Jones wannabe?

How else is the government going to know you have a gun unless you register it or walk around with it in full display?

The next patriot act will require random searches of peoples' houses. Terral told me all about it.

They paint the curbs different colors so they can pull up to the same colored curbs at the FEMA camps and take you to a different place, depending on your classification

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...-what-happened-at-the-pentagon-on-9-11-a.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/consp...7-was-a-controlled-demolition-inside-job.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/73572-martial-law-imminent-usa-2009-a.html

He starts, like, half of the threads in the Conspiracy Corner

he made me a tinfoil hat once. I tried explaining to didn't form an actual Faraday cage, but he went on a rant about how I was trying to get him to stop using a hat that worked so the reptilians could read his thoughts when he changed hats...

Last edited:

Terral may, or may not be, Alex Jones.

Yet another attack on our right to bear arms. We ought to be keeping check on Government officials with guns... I trust my fellow citizens a hell of a lot more than I trust any of them.

Being aware of what stealth committees in Congress plan for us is not necessarily paranoia. Some day, a bill will sneak through because not enough people worried about it happening. It is enlightening to learn of the tendencies and philosophies of those controlling our legal system and re-writing our laws.

This thread is a near duplicate of this thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/91227-let-the-disarming-begin.html

If anything sneaks through that is later found to be detrimental or contradictory to existing law, it can always be overturned. I believe they're called ex post facto laws.

If the evul Gubmint really want to round up the guns, all they need to do is confiscate NRA membership files

not really. There are many gun owners in the mid west who are not NRA members. Hell, I enjoy the hell out of my guns but I'd rather blow my own brains out than join the NRA.

Forum List

Back