A DIRE threat to the 2nd Amendment

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
HR.45 is a vile bill now in Congress that would do several very bad things.

It would create a NATIONAL registry of all firearms legally owned in the Country. It would require that anyone that owns a firearm and moves has 60 days to update said address for each weapon they own.

It would stop all sales of firearms except through licensed dealers. Any sale made without the use of a Licensed dealer would be a Federal Crime.

It would create a written exam that must be taken and passed before one can exercise their Second Amendment right to own a firearm. ( anyone else remember how easy it is to fix a written test so people fail? Try poll taxes and voter tests in the South.)

It would require that anyone attempting to buy a firearm must release EVERY bit of their medical history to the US Government.

It would create a 25 dollar tax on top of all other taxes for any purchase of a firearm.

H.R. 45 - Summary: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Here is the summary you can use it to access the full bill.

It would create a NATIONAL registry of all firearms legally owned in the Country. It would require that anyone that owns a firearm and moves has 60 days to update said address for each weapon they own.

So?

It would stop all sales of firearms except through licensed dealers. Any sale made without the use of a Licensed dealer would be a Federal Crime.

So?

It would create a written exam that must be taken and passed before one can exercise their Second Amendment right to own a firearm. ( anyone else remember how easy it is to fix a written test so people fail? Try poll taxes and voter tests in the South.)

I didn't read that in the link but if true I'm not too keen on the idea. Is it a safety test or something? Can it be retaken?

It would require that anyone attempting to buy a firearm must release EVERY bit of their medical history to the US Government.

I didn't read that in the link either but I'm fine with that.

It would create a 25 dollar tax on top of all other taxes for any purchase of a firearm.

Whack.

I will shoot down any person who votes for this bill.

Democracy requires a shot glass of lead.

Mostly it just looks like they are combining the current databases so when you go across state lines it would prevent you from being wrongly arrested.

Mostly it just looks like they are combining the current databases so when you go across state lines it would prevent you from being wrongly arrested.

I don't want ANY GOVERNMENT telling me when or where I can not be or be wrongly arrested!

Last edited:
Yawn! .....

More rants from the "Obama is gunna take my guns" crowd

HR 45 will never see the light of day. But to make sure it doesn't, why don't you tap into your childrens college fund and send it to the NRA?

You can never be too safe

So?

So?

I didn't read that in the link but if true I'm not too keen on the idea. Is it a safety test or something? Can it be retaken?

I didn't read that in the link either but I'm fine with that.

Whack.

He really is whacked...

nutters....

Maybe every American should have to pass a written test and get a permit to exercise each of their constitutional rights.

Right to vote? Wait - you have to pass this test first.

Free speech? Where's your permit.

This guy on the street said it's so they know what houses to raid when they start sending people to the FEMA concentration camps when Bush declares marshal law and takes an emergency third term, starting the countdown to Armageddon in 2012...

If the evul Gubmint really want to round up the guns, all they need to do is confiscate NRA membership files

The same bill was presented by the same rep during the Bush admin. Just like this time around, it had no co sponsors and no support from anyone but Bobby Rush. It will die in committee just like the last time around. No one will touch it with a ten foot pole.

the same bill was presented by the same rep during the bush admin. Just like this time around, it had no co sponsors and no support from anyone but bobby rush. It will die in committee just like the last time around. No one will touch it with a ten foot pole.

see? That's proof it's part of the clinton-bush-;aden network's conspiracy to get gun owners out of the way so they can declare martial law and declare the nwo!

Simple solution is to ignore it.

How else is the government going to know you have a gun unless you register it or walk around with it in full display?

And God forbid you actually have to use it to defend yourself someday, the last thing on your mind will be being charged for having a unregisterd gun.

Last edited:
Simple solution is to ignore it.

How else is the government going to know you have a gun unless you register it or walk around with it in full display?

The next patriot act will require random searches of peoples' houses. Terral told me all about it.

They paint the curbs different colors so they can pull up to the same colored curbs at the FEMA camps and take you to a different place, depending on your classification

It would create a written exam that must be taken and passed before one can exercise their Second Amendment right to own a firearm.

As of now, there is NO 2nd AM individual right to possess a firearm, except in DC.

And if the make-up of the court remains the same, there should be no doubt Scalia, et al, will extend that decision to the States.... regardkess of how badly the D.C. case was written.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back