A dialogue on Ethnic Relations

Aristotle

Sep 9, 2012
The internet is amazing and due to the benefits of anonymity, many people express and equally amazing view of the world. A brief background of me just to make my point relavant:

As a black man who grew up in Compton in a "black conscious " although ethnically accepting household, as a young kid I was aware of racism. My mother used to be a member of the Nation of Islam during the 60's so she indoctrinated me not to hate, but to be racially conscious and that society is still not always accepting. Growing up my friends were majority hispanic, since that was the demographic makeup. We all played together, ate at each other's houses had sleep overs etc racism wasn't even a thought until.....

First time I encountered the "n word" was during a silly kick ball call (I was in grade school still) this white kid and I argued over something trivial he ended up calling me the "N word" so we fought. I was suspended for the day cause I didn't stop fighting after he was on the ground. I admit I was an angry kid because during the late 80's and 90's, Bloods and Crips were going at it. I stayed inside most of the time. I couldn't wear blue or red, couldn't wear british knights shoes or calvin klein.

I eventually moved to Arizona where I completed middle and highschool. I my experience living there it had to be one of the most racist experiences in my life. Whites were both indirect and direct with their views on blacks. What I can say despite my experiences with whites there, there were some excuse me, a lot of cool ones.

I remember when my mother and I were in an IHOP eating breakfast, some old white guy walked and apologized for slavery and began crying because he was ashamed that it was apart of U.S history. My mother hugged and told him "its not your fault."

Since then I always took that philosophy of my mother (who passed already) that racism is like a blind man trying to see, but can only judge reality based on being blind. At 30 years of age and still living in a racially conscious society, we need to do more dialogue. Like the old man at the IHOP, who tried to apologize for something he never took part in, I think its not about remorse, but about acknowledging the human nature of cruelty in society. I apologize for the long post, thought I share that.

I eventually moved to Arizona where I completed middle and highschool. I my experience living there it had to be one of the most racist experiences in my life. Whites were both indirect and direct with their views on blacks. What I can say despite my experiences with whites there, there were some excuse me, a lot of cool ones.
As a White guy I had the same though exact opposite experience growing up in Lakewood then moving to Long Beach for Middle School and High School (Long Beach Polytechnic 1979-81) just south of Compton. That was one of most racist experiences of my life. Blacks were both direct and indirect with their views on Whites.

Still waiting for Blacks to apologize for all that racism.

As a White guy I had the same though exact opposite experience growing up in Lakewood then moving to Long Beach for Middle School and High School (Long Beach Polytechnic 1979-81) just south of Compton. That was one of most racist experiences of my life. Blacks were both direct and indirect with their views on Whites.

You'll be waiting a long time.

I used to work at St. Mary Medical Center which is a hospital not to far from Long Beach Poly. There is racial tensions all over between Samoans and Hispanics, Hispanics and Blacks, and Samoan and Blacks, or Asian and Blacks. That school and the surrounding area is a haven for gang activity.

With all due respect to your experiences I think its an unrealistic expectation to have of blacks apologizing for what others have done. I've had all kinds of whites calling me out of my name in Arizona, but its an unfair expectation to assume whites who don't know me, nor the struggles I've encountered to apologize for something they didn't do. I think its time to let those things go.

I used to work at St. Mary Medical Center which is a hospital not to far from Long Beach Poly. There is racial tensions all over between Samoans and Hispanics, Hispanics and Blacks, and Samoan and Blacks, or Asian and Blacks. That school and the surrounding area is a haven for gang activity.

With all due respect to your experiences I think its an unrealistic expectation to have of blacks apologizing for what others have done. I've had all kinds of whites calling me out of my name in Arizona, but its an unfair expectation to assume whites who don't know me, nor the struggles I've encountered to apologize for something they didn't do. I think its time to let those things go.

you just laid out why you are not interested in a dialog, only lecturing whitey.

Or plain getting even.

Hey aristotle - how can you oppose racism but support affirmative action, the govt mandated persecution of white people.?

you just laid out why you are not interested in a dialog, only lecturing whitey.

Or plain getting even.

Do you even understand what I'm saying?

The 12% of African-Americans that inhabit the United States of America are not going to apologize for what happened to this man in highschool. How is it fair for the entire African-American population to apologize to this man for something many people didn't do? That is like me asking all white people (not just to apologize for slavery, racial profiling, systematic racism in the school and work force, for police brutality. You can't hold everyone else accountable for what they haven't done.

Hey aristotle - how can you oppose racism but support affirmative action, the govt mandated persecution of white people.?

Who said I supported Affirmative Action? How the hell did you draw affirmative action from what I said?

Aristotle wants to even the playing field by destroying the white man....As non-whites aren't intelligent enough to compete with us. What a future these idiots are setting up for us.

How fucking stupid.

Matthew I know for a fact I am smarter than you. I know for a fact that on an intellectual level you cannot touch me. I know for a fact the many black college intellectuals in and out of my circle. The question is can you compete with me?

Sounds to me like you didn't learn anything from your mother.

when you have the black POTUS lecturing all white people on race you know there is no such thing as a dialog on race in this country.

It's a monolog.

If any black person opens their mouth it's the same old same old

slavery
Jim Crow
discrimination
racism
stereotyping

Any rebuttal from a white person is met with

racist
white supremacist
bigot

RE: The perfect response to white peoples vitriolic rage

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJtGKb_bZyc]Black Hole - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-akk3gog34&feature=related]The Black Hole II - The Interview - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZuE2CkQx90]LA NAACP - the dumbest people on the planet - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
As long as the vast majority of blacks want to fall back on racism is the reason for their problems they're doomed.

But many black people are successful because they had a different attitude. They've worked hard to educate themselves and continued to do so in their chosen fields of endeavor. Odds are they have been accused of acting white by some in their community, but they don't let it bother them. They're too smart for that b.s. They know they acted right, not white, and thus enjoy far better lifestyles than blacks who use excuses instead.

Last edited:
Aristotle,

I grew up in the Pico Heights area and my racial/ethnic experiences were different. Our neighborhood was very much mixed, whites, Japanese, Jews, and blacks. In school, there was a bit of noise about "beaners" but it never got to the point of downright bigotry or racism.

I never really encountered racism until, after school, I enlisted in the Army and was sent to school in Virginia. I still remember my shock to segregated water fountains, restrooms, and restaurants. We, of course, had none of that on the military base.

In my 23 years in the army, I never saw any true bigotry or outright hatred against any of my fellow soldiers. We ate, worked, slept in the same rooms/buildings, lived in the same communities where our families freely mingled, and went into the war zones together. The only thing that concerned me was how my fellow soldiers comported themselves and performed their duties.

To be perfectly honest, I was in my late 50's, early 60's when I encountered my first instances that caused me to feel anger/disgust against someone because of the race. I was a city but, then cab driver here in Las Vegas and I began to encounter what I called "welfare N's" who had an "The world owes me" attitude with open hostility for me and any other non-black they encountered. Pushing to the front of the line. Talking loudly to the point of causing disturbances. Profanity beyond belief, even calling each other N's and worst. I had one spit in my face when I told him he was required to pay the fare just like anyone else. {I had to admit, I refused to move the bus until he got off and three, very large blacks came from the back of the bus and forcibly removed him.}

At the same time, I met some well-educated blacks who could set examples to some of the white trash I encountered.

There are pieces of scum on both sides of the fence and it is up to each of us not to let them drag us down to their level. :cool:

Aristotle wants to even the playing field by destroying the white man....As non-whites aren't intelligent enough to compete with us. What a future these idiots are setting up for us.

How fucking stupid.

Matthew I know for a fact I am smarter than you. I know for a fact that on an intellectual level you cannot touch me. I know for a fact the many black college intellectuals in and out of my circle. The question is can you compete with me?

all you have done since you have come on this forum is lecture white people and brag about how intelligent you are.

What pompous ass you are

Aristotle,

I grew up in the Pico Heights area and my racial/ethnic experiences were different. Our neighborhood was very much mixed, whites, Japanese, Jews, and blacks. In school, there was a bit of noise about "beaners" but it never got to the point of downright bigotry or racism.

I never really encountered racism until, after school, I enlisted in the Army and was sent to school in Virginia. I still remember my shock to segregated water fountains, restrooms, and restaurants. We, of course, had none of that on the military base.

In my 23 years in the army, I never saw any true bigotry or outright hatred against any of my fellow soldiers. We ate, worked, slept in the same rooms/buildings, lived in the same communities where our families freely mingled, and went into the war zones together. The only thing that concerned me was how my fellow soldiers comported themselves and performed their duties.

To be perfectly honest, I was in my late 50's, early 60's when I encountered my first instances that caused me to feel anger/disgust against someone because of the race. I was a city but, then cab driver here in Las Vegas and I began to encounter what I called "welfare N's" who had an "The world owes me" attitude with open hostility for me and any other non-black they encountered. Pushing to the front of the line. Talking loudly to the point of causing disturbances. Profanity beyond belief, even calling each other N's and worst. I had one spit in my face when I told him he was required to pay the fare just like anyone else. {I had to admit, I refused to move the bus until he got off and three, very large blacks came from the back of the bus and forcibly removed him.}

At the same time, I met some well-educated blacks who could set examples to some of the white trash I encountered.

There are pieces of scum on both sides of the fence and it is up to each of us not to let them drag us down to their level. :cool:

I agree and thank you for your services.

You spoke the truth on several fronts.

However let me caution you that the harboring of hatred with racial provocation on both sides, black and white, are the reasons we cannot overcome racial issues.

There are blacks who do suffer true racial issues but many in this category feel that they are entitled due to the color of their skin. Let me tell you, nobody is entitled, the world owes nobody. Unfortunately we are at a stalemate. We still live in an racially unfair system. Unfortunately the uneducated on both sides are taking advantage.

As you have shared your story, there are ignorant people in all cultures.

How fucking stupid.

all you have done since you have come on this forum is lecture white people and brag about how intelligent you are.

What pompous ass you are

Who am I lecturing? I am confident yes... Who would've thought, an intelligent ape who conjugates verbs and nouns better than you and Matthew

Or plain getting even.

I think that you are making an inaccurate pretext by taking the poster's quote out of context.

What pompous ass you are

Who am I lecturing? I am confident yes... Who would've thought, an intelligent ape who conjugates verbs and nouns better than you and Matthew

more like a pompous ape

nouns don't conjugate you stupid fuck

Last edited:
I was born, and raised in DC. My 6, grade educated mother, and 3, grade educated gm raised me. They both were extremley hard working good Christian women. My gm retired at 87 , my mother still works full time at 79.
They moved us to Chevy Chase DC ( All White ) because it had the best schools - uneducated; far from stupid! In 68 -9, blacks were bussed from the gettos to my school where they fucked them up bad.
95% of the whites were displaced including the teachers. The black students, and teachers hated my white skin. I hated school from that point on until I attended a military academy where I was again with my own kind! Though I scored in the top 2% in the nation on my test, 2nd to 9th grades were wasted. I have hated liberals ever since, and I have no dealings with blacks if I can help it. What was done to my mother, gm, my 6, siblings, and me was criminal! Thus Duped!

New Topics

Forum List

Back