A Democrat I support

I hear Cuomo is one corrupt individual.

interesting. because i hear that about a lot of people... and there are certainly a fair share of corrupt people. but a) ny doesn't have any greater share of that than anywhere else. and b) i've never heard it about andy cuomo.

so i'm wondering where you "heard" it.

If you play Stairway to heaven backwards.....

Ditto big time.

Any politician in either party who takes the bull by the horns and tried to straighen out the Union mess in their State gets kudo's from me.

NY's Governor Andy Cuomo.

My understanding is he is about to announce a plan to scale back the budget destroying pension system in NY, making worker contribute more, raise eligibility age and less able to rig their last year to boost their income.

Credit Where Du

Andrew Cuomo's pension-reform musts--E.J. McMahon - NYPOST.com

According to the article, Cuomo is 'mulling' some changes that are merely tinkering around the edges. The changes he is 'thinking about' would only affect new hires since the unions will stop him cold if he tries anything else.

This is the answer,and NO Governor, R or D has the stones to do it!

The one way to truly reform public pensions -- to protect taxpayers from open-ended financial risk, uncertainty and volatility -- is to shift to a defined-contribution (DC) approach, such as the 401(k) model that predominates in the private sector.

linked from the above article.

I cant support any candidate that believes government should play a large role in peoples lives - republican or democrat.

Forum List

Back