A Decision

People like you are a big, big part of the problem.

What problem?

Did I mention that I have kids as young as two-years old running around in my house with absolutely no problem with my Dobermans. Of course, we don't leave them unsupervised with the itty bitty ones, no problem with the older kids, constant supervision isn't needed once the kids are introduced and the dogs know they're welcome guests.

My dobes have never bitten or menaced anyone. Besides growling at me, that is, and I am not fazed by them and they know it. And it is only the one, and I swear that dog is my soulmate. When she growls at me, she is simply communicating, playing a game, actually. It's between her and I, others don't need to understand it.

When I walk them in the neighborhood, kids will want to come up and meet them, and I allow it after giving the kids instructions not to grab them or anything like that. If the kids did grab them they'd just pull away.

One time before my yard was fenced I took them outside and two drunks had decided to set up camp on the park bench in our yard. Those two dobies ran right up and got in their face, but they didn't bite them. I explained to the drunks that they were not on public property and they probably should leave. : )

No, my dogs are well known in the neighborhood, as am I for being an extremely responsible dog owner. They're eight and nine years old now, too, so their nonthreatening behavior around people is well-established. Of course, if someone broke into my house...well, nevermind, my husband will shoot the intruder before the dobies ever have to do anything besides alert us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back