A Dark Day

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mike Smith12, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZZ PUPPS

ZZ PUPPS Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,100

Welcome and kiss my rebel ass.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. HenryBHough

HenryBHough Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,920
    Really?

Alleged "CLOSURE" seems about as effective as a Hillary plea for just one more vote....

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  3. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,247
    I have to draw the line at changing liberal diapers around here.

4. Mike Smith12

Mike Smith12 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've listened to many Trump speeches. And if you honestly believe that his rhetoric is positive, than the darkness does not lay between my ears. I used to be a Republican and switched because of the course they are charting. And it's fitting that you claim Republicans are so accepting, then throw out insults. This comment section is filled with people proving my point.

I wish more people could be open to challenging themselves to different views, like our framers intended. To condescend as quickly as you have because you've read a differing opinion makes you a bigot, not someone who is furthering our democracy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. TNHarley

TNHarley Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,192
    This guy wouldn't know self awareness if it penetrated his vagina

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  6. Iceweasel

Iceweasel Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,192
    Your post was absolutely flooded with condescending and insulting remarks and here you are protesting what I said? It's true. And no way in hell have you watch a Trump speech and reached the conclusions you did.

I'm not a Republican, I'm a conservative and I said the party invites all in, which it does. How does that translate to me not shoving your bullshit back atcha? Your depth of analysis isn't even grade school level.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,247
    :lol:

Now who is using insults and attempting to stop debate?

Our Framers were not challenging people to be open to differing views. They were attempting to unify folks into a new nation. They enumerated individual rights, outlined the limited role of federal government, described rights reserved to the states and emphasized all remaining rights were reserved to the people.

8. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,262

You nailed it. "And this is where the biggest contradiction exists in the Republican Party; how can a party tout patriotism when its actions and rhetoric are the complete opposite?"

You can see from the replies here that conservatives do not operate on reason. There entire world is based on emotion. Faux News, Dimbaugh, O'reily all appeal soley to emotion. And these people have no morals, no compass. They have been so conditioned to an 'us vs them' world that they reject anything that isn't 'them'. Anything.

They are not Americans anymore, their political party is their only god. The Republican Politburo.

Ignore the whining negative posters on this thread, they do not have the ability to reason through an argument or discussion. They, like those in 1933 Germany, cheer the darkness.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,399
    Where to begin?

Conservatives within the GOP have largely been ignored. The representatives they elect are sent to Washington for a said purpose, such as balance budgets, or at least try, or at least pass a budget, or perhaps secure the border. Instead, they do anything but what they have said they were going to do.

The reaction? Trump.

Now conservatives believe in what is called a limited government. This is a foreign concept to many. It is the idea that people can govern their lives just fine and don't need to be told such things as whom they should marry. In fact, many conservatives don't think that government should be in such affairs as marriage at all.

Call us crazy. We just want the government to do their job which is to pass an actual budget and not go $20 trillion into debt doing it, while keeping us safe from foreign threats abroad and criminals at home. That is your perception of a group of people who you think don't want to be governed.

10. Iceweasel

Iceweasel Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,192
    It happens when you start out that way. Have an adult walk you through your introduction and point out your insults, smears and allegations.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.