A curious German weapon

tony.osborne

Nov 5, 2014
I share with you photos of one of the most curious designs of the Luftwaffe during World War II. I'm talking about Junkers Ju-287 and its unusual design. If it had entered into service and built in quantity would have changed the course of the war? What do you think? I found this website that provides information about this aircraft. Visit the link below, you will find it a lot of photos and a full report on this almost unknown aircraft. I hope you enjoy.

Aviação em Floripa: Uma arma curiosa

Best Regards!

fighters win the airspace

which leads to victory

the horten could have been a real issue

It was amazing what they were getting done under the pressures that they were under late in that war.

well that one was obviously shot down
you can see the ME speed up and pulling away until he is hit squarely in the starboard engine, then he slows down
The Me-262 in the video was flying very low, slow, and level......no doubt, low on fuel, and preparing for a landing.

A setting duck for the Allied pilot. ..... :cool:

well that one was obviously shot down
you can see the ME speed up and pulling away until he is hit squarely in the starboard engine, then he slows down
The Me-262 in the video was flying very low, slow, and level......no doubt, low on fuel, and preparing for a landing.

A setting duck for the Allied pilot. ..... :cool:

this was shot in 1945

by that time Germany had lost most trained and skilled pilots

this was shot in 1945 by that time Germany had lost most trained and skilled pilots
There weren't that many Me 262's produced.....and they took a fairly high level of skill to fly.

So only seasoned combat pilot's were recruited to fly the 262. ..... :cool:

i have tried in vain to locate a landing field in the video

perhaps there is one

however it looks like the German pilot made a fatal mistake and veered port

crossing right in front of the Allied pilot

It was amazing what they were getting done under the pressures that they were under late in that war.

yes they even had the worlds first high altitude flight suit
. Yep, and their scientist are the reason we became as strong as we were in the world after that war.

Brilliant minds recruited to do the work of evil. Not unlike the brilliant generals and brave souls recruited on behalf of evil in the American Civil War. Great things can be turned to evil ends, which tends to lead to theirs.

perhaps there is one

There is no other reason for the Me-262 pilot to be fly that low to the ground, slow, straight, and level.

It takes many miles for a jet to scrub off enough speed to effect a landing. Since the 262 in the video didn't have its wheels down. It indicates he was still a few miles from the landing strip.

Also, I'm assuming the 262 was low on fuel. Otherwise he would have pushed the throttle forward when the first tracer streamed by his canopy, and left the attacking Allied plane in his jet wash. ..... :cool:

Last edited:

perhaps there is one

There is no other reason for the 252 pilot to be fly that low to the ground, slow, straight, and level.

It takes many miles for a jet to scrub off enough speed to effect a landing. Since the 262 didn't have its wheels down. It indicates he was still a few miles from the landing strip.

Also, I'm assuming the 262 was low on fuel. Otherwise he would have pushed the throttle forward when the first tracer streamed by his canopy, and left the attacking Allied plane in his jet wash. ..... :cool:
One should know about the characteristics of the Me 262. While it was very fast and maneuverable (highly praised by the pilots), its performance in thrust was very low and resulted in a low acceleration. Sometimes, Me 262 where accelerated by rockets on take-off. Particularly vulnerable while starting and landing, the Me 262 inspired the allies to adopt tactics to confront them in such situations.

The biggest foe of the Me 262, however, was not the opponent, but the Fuhrer, who ordered to transform the Me 262 fighter jet into a "Blitzbomber" and even prohibited to refer to the Me 262 as a fighter jet. Not only that, the Fuhrer also was not a friend of jet engines and delayed the series production of the Me 262 by more than a year.
In the result, many Me 262 were destroyed on the ground while they were waiting for their transformation (bomb bay - smaller fuel tank).

perhaps there is one

There is no other reason for the Me-262 pilot to be fly that low to the ground, slow, straight, and level.

It takes many miles for a jet to scrub off enough speed to effect a landing. Since the 262 in the video didn't have its wheels down. It indicates he was still a few miles from the landing strip.

It takes many miles for a jet to scrub off enough speed to effect a landing

no not really

speed reduction can be made at the rate of about one knot per second or less

it is quite possible he slowed to down to attack the allied pilot but blew past him and

into the aim of the pilot and getting tore up in the process

fly low slow and flat like a sunday afternoon joyride

does not make sense in war torn Germany in 1945

--LOL

Forum List

Back