A crime?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RetiredGySgt, Jan 17, 2008.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Ohh look several democrats have conspired to charge 10 nurses with criminal complaints for the horrid criminal act of quiting a job where they were mistreated, lied to and used inappropriately.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080117/ap_on_re_us/nurses_on_trial

This is outrageous. Remind me again how Republicans are those big business cold hearts that stoop to things like this.

The claim is patently false since right in the story it STATES the nurse on duty remained past her resignation time to ensure someone took over.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Looks like BS to me. If the prosecution wins this one, so much for civil liberties.

3. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Wanna bet the Dems come out and DEFEND the prosecution?

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    We'll see. I don't know. Might be a bit much even for partisanship.

The only thing I see the nurses did wrong IMO is resign without notice. However, it's quite the double-standard that they could be terminated without notice.

Otherwise, the hospital, not the nurses, are responsible for the care of the children, IMO.

5. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    The children were never in danger. One of the Nurses STAYED till relieved after resigning.

6. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    clearly you are in a position to make that determination. Hell, I wonder you would feel if nurses organize a walkout the day you find yourself needing care. while I agree that the nurses should have the perogative to quit at their own will, there is much to be said about the patients who rely on these REGISTERED nurses to do their jobs.

Way to sling mud at democrats though. Let a dem make an attempt to help business and all of a sudden people liek you start talking about the poor worker instead of the poor business while politically expedient.

7. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,971
    Wait, you mean republicans are not the only cold calculating business supporters we have been lead to believe? Spin it any way you want, Democrats are prosecuting these nurses.

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    When you get right down to it, dems don't really believe in the rights of the little people. They think the little people are too stupid to run their own lives, or make their own decisions.

They just say they do so they can manipulate them, and get them where they want them.

9. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    certainly not when it's politically expedient to don the robes of a sheep over your wolf skin for some temporary grandstanding. Again, tell me about the little people when YOUR registered nurse walks out and leaves you hooked up to your medical necessity. Lord knows how 1 nurse working a mere 4 hours overtime probably really does make up for the entire staff! Say, do you want to extend this "little guy" attitude to your posterboy Reagans solution to air traffic controllers who, similarly, held the life of the public in their hands yet decided to strike?

DOH! forgot about that, didnt you?

10. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    A nurse who does that will lose her license. There is no need for criminal prosecution.

It's a witch hunt, and my guess is the nurses took care of their people. No nurse wants to lose her license.