A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

Discussion in 'Political Satire' started by daveman, Jun 27, 2013.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,991
    This of course belongs in the humor section, but the personal, no, you are, is kinda funny. The republicans should be somewhat happy with this court of privileged men, they helped bring back Jim Crow. Now eighty year old men and women who have voted their entire life are forced to get a picture of themselves to prove they are themselves. What a democracy. "Listen lady, I know you voted here for thirty years, you're our neighbor, I still need a picture ID." One wonders given the current congress some may believe aliens from space are voting with faces stolen from democrats. You think. Oh wait, I think a republican just said that and Fox interviewed him, and there was a serious discussion and lots of serious concerned faces. Hannity was really perturbed in his usual manner. :lol:

2. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,266
    You progs HATE the VRA decision, though. Was that the will of the people, too? :lol:

3. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,266
    Yes, he's made that quite clear recently, hasn't he?

4. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,266
    Or you could just stop lying about voter ID laws. In many states, recognition by the poll workers is sufficient to allow the elector to vote. Some states allow the elector to sign a statement attesting to identity.

In most cases, the voter is allowed to cast a provisional ballot. The requirements are not nearly as onerous as you've been programmed to believe.

Voter ID: State Requirements

Now that your egregious misrepresentation of the laws has been corrected, I fully expect you to keep lying about them.