A congressman calls it quits

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
BBC News - World News America - A congressman calls it quits

I like this guy, and have no idea at this time which party he is in.
Watch the vid at the link.

From the link:
For David Obey of Wisconsin, the decision not to seek reelection came earlier this year. After more than 40 years representing his district, Obey said it was simply time to go. But like so many others on Capitol Hill, his parting comes with a swipe at the current political climate in Washington.

In this First Person account, the congressman looks back on a career which stretched for decades and the partisan warfare which has taken a turn for the worse.

Obey never threw in with any party but his own. He just wants to live in a world where he can roll over the other party. That's his solution to "partisan warfare."

Sean Duffy can do anything Obey can do. Same for Dan Benishek and the disgraced Bart Stupak.

Viva citizen government.

I am so non partisan I do not know if the guy in my OP is a dem or prepub.
And do nt really care.

They got them skinny TV's for just one weeks paycheck this Friday.
I'm gonna slap down that free money card that came in the mail and get me a bigger one.

I have been well pleased with Dynex brand HDTV's.
In fact I bought a few for Xmas presents this year.

BBC News - World News America - A congressman calls it quits

I like this guy, and have no idea at this time which party he is in.
Watch the vid at the link.

From the link:
For David Obey of Wisconsin, the decision not to seek reelection came earlier this year. After more than 40 years representing his district, Obey said it was simply time to go. But like so many others on Capitol Hill, his parting comes with a swipe at the current political climate in Washington.

In this First Person account, the congressman looks back on a career which stretched for decades and the partisan warfare which has taken a turn for the worse.

This is old news about Obey, and how can a person with any degree of interest in politics not have seen the partisan diatribes of David Obey on C-Span? To Obey the existence of Republicans in the House of Representaties was an affront.

Last edited:
I am so non partisan I do not know if the guy in my OP is a dem or prepub.
And do nt really care.

And this post proves your non partisanship. Oh wait no it doesn't.

Dem or prepub? A non partisan wouldve written demoRat or prepub Lolol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back