A congresscritter saves a life

Sep 12, 2008
So, members of congress can be pretty cool dudes.

A congressman is being credited for saving a man's life at Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Tuesday, NBC-TV affiliate WCNC reports.
Rep. Phil Roe and Rep . Mick Mulvaney, were walking to their gate at the airport around 7 a.m. when Roe witnessed a man collapse. The man's heart had stopped.
“When I got there, he wasn’t breathing,” Rep. Roe told The Daily Caller. “I think there was another doctor there, but we didn’t really have a chance to introduce ourselves. I just said, ‘I’m Dr. Roe, so and so,’ and then we just dived on top of the guy and started giving him CPR.”
Roe and the responding paramedics shocked the man with a defibrillator, and his heart started pumping again, according to NBC-TV affiliate WBIR-TV in Tennessee.
Roe was catching a connector flight to Washington, D.C. Prior to serving in office, Roe was an obstetrician.

Nice heartwarming story. I pulled the affiliations off so we can concentrate on the good stuff.

I think TM has the weird notion I am being critical of the good doctor. Or something. I think it was cool.

Sorry, I can't resist: Phil Roe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roe is a Republican first elected in 2008 and a member of the Tea Party Caucus. Before practicing as an OB/GYN for 31 years he was in the Army Medical Corps.

Roe's actions are highly commendable, and may well have saved a life. They are a reminder I think that even when Congress as an institution strikes us as incompetent and malign it is made up of people who are mostly kind and professional. Of course most members of Congress could not have performed as ably as Roe did here.

Forum List

Back