A Comparison...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
I've taken to watching C-SPAN when they broadcast proceedings in the House of Commons, and I must say that the difference between Britain's Parliament and America's Congress is striking.

The level, speed and quality of the repartee in the House of Commons is, at times, breathtaking. The representatives are always there, and are not speaking before an empty gallery as theire counterparts in Congress often are.

And although he's Dubbyuh's lapdog and his intellectual superior (most anybody is), Tony Blair answers all of his critics cogently and with a sense of humor. I simply cannot see Dubbyuh engaging in such a rapid fire debate in Congress. He would stutter, stumble, get pissed off and storm out of the room.

Were it not for his daddy's name, Dubbyuh would be pumping gas in some dusty little Texas hell-hole and drinking his brains, what few he has, out every night

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
And although he's Dubbyuh's lapdog and his intellectual superior (most anybody is),

Tell us all how it feels to be in the minority?

Your words are all starting to blend together and come out as "blah blah blah". Same shit different day.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to regurgitate the same crap day in and day out, more power to you. Can you dig it?

Once again no intellectual substance to your post, just more stupid satire ! You really are a waste of good server space !

Originally posted by eric
Once again no intellectual substance to your post, just more stupid satire ! You really are a waste of good server space !

You should know...

Satire, Where? I was making an observation, nothing satirical about it.

And although he's Dubbyuh's lapdog and his intellectual superior (most anybody is), Tony Blair answers all of his critics cogently and with a sense of humor. I simply cannot see Dubbyuh engaging in such a rapid fire debate in Congress. He would stutter, stumble, get pissed off and storm out of the room.
Were it not for his daddy's name, Dubbyuh would be pumping gas in some dusty little Texas hell-hole and drinking his brains, what few he has, out every night

:rolleyes:

potshots at W aside, the difference between the legislative branches of england and the usa are worth a gander. It is a bit disturbing to see how many votes are not attended by a large number of our congressional folk.

Originally posted by eric
All I can say is who's fault is that. We elect these reps !

Indeed! A society gets the government it deserves, which is a sad commentery on the state of American society.

Indeed! A society gets the government it deserves, which is a sad commentery on the state of American society.
Well one nice thing about our government is , it doesn't force you to stay in the country.;)

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Well one nice thing about our government is , it doesn't force you to stay in the country.;)

Ahhh! "America...Love It or Leave It!"

How well I remember that right-wing-nut battle cry!

I love America, I simply want it delivered back into the hand s of the people rather than the likes of Dubbyuh and his corporate pimps and johns. Sorry if you've got a problem with that.

By the way, that was just a 'joke'. I don't think Bully is a queer. I think he's a bit warped, but not queer.

I've taken to watching C-SPAN when they broadcast proceedings in the House of Commons, and I must say that the difference between Britain's Parliament and America's Congress is striking.

The level, speed and quality of the repartee in the House of Commons is, at times, breathtaking. The representatives are always there, and are not speaking before an empty gallery as theire counterparts in Congress often are.

Wow, what an eye opening post. You know, this entire piece just changed my mind about George Bush. It is quite interesting to note that because someone's father was a president the son doesn't deserve to be. John Adams and John Quincy Adams started this whole mess.

And I never knew that having stage fright and being a poor orator made you incapable of being the president! Damn the founding fathers for not putting that requirement in the Constitution.

dig em all up I say and flog em.

Originally posted by Moi
Wow, what an eye opening post. You know, this entire piece just changed my mind about George Bush. It is quite interesting to note that because someone's father was a president the son doesn't deserve to be. John Adams and John Quincy Adams started this whole mess.

And I never knew that having stage fright and being a poor orator made you incapable of being the president! Damn the founding fathers for not putting that requirement in the Constitution.

dig em all up I say and flog em.

Well, John Quincy earned his position. Dubbyuh's had everything he's got handed to him on a silver platter.

Dig 'em up! I'm sure they could still run intellectual circles around Dubbyuh.

Well, John Quincy earned his position. Dubbyuh's had everything he's got handed to him on a silver platter.

Dig 'em up! I'm sure they could still run intellectual circles around Dubbyuh.
I doubt with every fibre of my being that you can quote or ascertain one single thing that John Quincy ever did that wasn't embedded in his mother and father's influence.

No amount of accusations that you hurl out there can belie the fact that George Bush, our current president, was elected. He's not a monarch/legacy. There is no right of inheritance when it comes to government in this country.

You may blame the electoral college or the supreme court all you want, but the fact remains that he was voted in as governor and he was voted in as president (albeit controversially). Any laws passed while he's been in office were voted on and passed by congress.

The level, speed and quality of the repartee in the House of Commons is, at times, breathtaking. The representatives are always there, and are not speaking before an empty gallery as theire counterparts in Congress often are. ................

Indeed! A society gets the government it deserves, which is a sad commentery on the state of American society. .....................

Ahhh! "America...Love It or Leave It!"

How well I remember that right-wing-nut battle cry!

I love America, I simply want it delivered back into the hand s of the people rather than the likes of Dubbyuh and his corporate pimps and johns. Sorry if you've got a problem with that.
Where you critisizing the the U.S. government as it is structured,as comparied to the British Parliment since that is what you brought up or are you just pissed because the Democrats are not in power?

Our government is not delivered into the hands of the people (like entitlements) it is represented by elected officals. And yes the Democrats are in the minority now because more people have chose to elect Republicans. Looks like you are the one with the problem.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Where you critisizing the the U.S. government as it is structured,as comparied to the British Parliment since that is what you brought up or are you just pissed because the Democrats are not in power?

Our government is not delivered into the hands of the people (like entitlements) it is represented by elected officals. And yes the Democrats are in the minority now because more people have chose to elect Republicans. Looks like you are the one with the problem.

Actually, I was making the point that Dubbyuh is a mental midget...And YOU missed it! ;)

Forum List

Back