A comparison of two Constitutional rights

The Second Amendment says Americans have the right to keep and bear arms.

But the left wants government to crawl up a gun-purchaser's rectum with a magnifying glass to vet the purchaser's suitability to own a weapon.

Several amendments to the Constitution together state that no citizen 18 or over may be denied the right to vote without due process.

The left vehemently opposes the suggestion that voters show ID to the government in order to vote.

Can someone explain this dichotomy to me?

Poor people can't afford IDs, so requiring them to get one to vote means poor people cannot vote, even though they already have IDs in order to cash the government checks they receive.

Poor people cannot afford guns, so we need the ID, and everything else to make it more expensive, so more poor people will not have access to guns, even though they are the ones most likely to need them.

It makes sense, if you don't pay attention.

Maybe leftists are even too poor to pay attention.

Welfare leach, your dear leader paid her $11.00 an hour. Are you saying your dear leader exploited poor, under educated, people to commit his crimes for him. Paint me shocked again.

Dang are you predictably stupid.

I've only stated probably five or six hundred times on this board that I've never voted for Obama.

And you're still taking the word of someone you'd otherwise completely dismiss, if not for her claiming something that you want to hear.

You probably sleep great at night. :thup:

Unlike you, I actually took the time to listen to her, I don't think she was smart enought to lie. I believe she did exactly what she said.

Do you think she's dumb enough to go along with the Jones narrative?

But the left wants government to crawl up a gun-purchaser's rectum with a magnifying glass to vet the purchaser's suitability to own a weapon.

Several amendments to the Constitution together state that no citizen 18 or over may be denied the right to vote without due process.

The left vehemently opposes the suggestion that voters show ID to the government in order to vote.

The majority of Americans = the left? who knew?

Papers please? wtf are you a nazi?

supporting the 2nd amendment and supporting gun control laws are not mutually exclusive stands

Just because you are fatter than anyone else you know does not mean you count as two people.

Unless you're purchasing seats on an airplane.

Voting is a fundamental right, gun ownership, not.

The SECOND Amendment to the US Constitution is NOT a "fundamental right", but something that's not even guaranteeed in the Constitution IS?

Fuck the rest of this post, because after an intro like that, you know this cheesebrain isn't going to emanate anything worth smelling.

Welfare leach, your dear leader paid her $11.00 an hour. Are you saying your dear leader exploited poor, under educated, people to commit his crimes for him. Paint me shocked again.

I've only stated probably five or six hundred times on this board that I've never voted for Obama.

And you're still taking the word of someone you'd otherwise completely dismiss, if not for her claiming something that you want to hear.

Unlike you, I actually took the time to listen to her, I don't think she was smart enought to lie. I believe she did exactly what she said.

I realize the ignorant twat is sharp as a sack of wet mice, but why would she lie and claim to have committed a felony, instead of telling the truth about being innocent of crimes? Despite what the left believes, people don't normally confess to crimes they didn't commit, and certainly not without some sort of pressure to do so.

The SECOND Amendment to the US Constitution is NOT a "fundamental right", but something that's not even guaranteeed in the Constitution IS?

The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them.

Joseph Story
Supreme Court Justice

Do you think she's dumb enough to go along with the Jones narrative?

Actually Jones tried to get her to walk back what she said somewhat in an attempt to protect her, like I said she had no idea of the implications of what she was saying.

Strawman-light.jpg

You have to be 21 to buy a handgun, 18 to buy a rifle or shotgun.
You don't have to be a citizen to buy a gun.
You do have to be a resident to buy a gun.
You have to provide proof of age and residency to buy a gun.
You have to undergo a background check to buy a gun.
You have to be 18 or older to vote. You have to be a citizen of the USA to vote. You should have to provide documentation to vote.
When I registered to vote I got a voter registration card that listed my precinct and polling place. It did not cost me anything. Voters are supposed to register - when they do they can get an ID card to use at the polls. I now vote by absentee ballot but I am still a REGISTERED voter.
Allowing unrgistered people to vote can allow illegal aliens and felons to vote - so get people registered and then let them vote.

Voting is a fundamental right, gun ownership, not.

Fuck the rest of this post, because after an intro like that, you know this cheesebrain isn't going to emanate anything worth smelling.

The right to vote is the fundamental right that has been the source of the most significant Supreme Court litigation. The Constitution addresses voting in Article II and four subsequent amendments (the 15th, forbidding discrimination in voting on the basis "of race, color, or previous condition of servitude;" the 19th, forbidding discrimination in voting based on sex; the 24th, prohibiting "any poll tax" on a person before they can vote; and the 26th, granting the right to vote to all citizens over the age of 18). The Court has chosen to also strictly scrutinize restrictions on voting other than those specifically prohibited by the Constitution because, in its words, the right to vote "is preservative of other basic civil and political rights."

Fundamental Rights and Equal Protection Clause Analysis: The Right to Vote and the Right to Education

You might want to explore the rest of the site, it’s a reasonably good primer on fundamental Constitutional principles.

where in the constitution does it say that reasonable regulation of guns is inappropriate.

That'd be the Second Amendment, which someone who laughably pretends to be a lawyer should know.

"Shall not be infringed"? That phrase ring a bell at all, or did they not teach Constitutional Law in Internet Faux Lawyer classes?

Perhaps you could tell me where - ANYWHERE - in the Constitution it says, "Leftist chickenshit twats get to decide the definition of 'reasonable' for everyone else".

i'd suggest you actually look at heller which specifically leaves room for such regulation.

and the comparison is a false one as there is no problem with 'voter fraud' except in the fevered imagination of the right.. not to mention that your own people made the mistake of saying they wanted it in order to sway election results.

but that's ok, right? :cuckoo:

I'd suggest if you want to impress us with what the CONSTITUTION allows and requires, you try actually citing the Constitution for once in your pretend Internet law career. Telling us that "such-and-so court decision says so" really only translates to "OF COURSE the Constitution says nothing of the sort, and we knew we couldn't get people to agree with us, so we just wiped our asses on that thing and did what we pleased."

Are you really so obtuse that you can't figure out that disingenuous "Constitution-without-any-Constitution" arguments like yours are EXACTLY why there's an argument in the first place?

Make an argument that matters to someone other than you, or stop wasting everyone's time.
Wow you one stupid racist. You are literally trying to pass off that you k now more about the constitution than SCOTUS.

That takes big balls.

Yes, indeed it does.

The Constitution is written in a language which is not understandable to mere mortals. So they are free to pull the wool over your eyes.

We all know that in order to be nominated at as a supreme court justice the putative candidate must have solid government supremacist credentials. So FREE PEOPLE MUST IGNORE ANY AND ALL EDITS WHICH AUTHORIZE USURPATIONS.

Lol...you are just sad

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

George Santayana

Wow deep....hitler has nothing to do with this topic.

Those who do not learn from what the PATERNALISTIC Bismarck/Weimar administrations did to Germany and its Jewish citizens are bound to repeat it.

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

George Santayana

You have to be 21 to buy a handgun, 18 to buy a rifle or shotgun.
You don't have to be a citizen to buy a gun.
You do have to be a resident to buy a gun.
You have to provide proof of age and residency to buy a gun.
You have to undergo a background check to buy a gun.
You have to be 18 or older to vote. You have to be a citizen of the USA to vote. You should have to provide documentation to vote.
When I registered to vote I got a voter registration card that listed my precinct and polling place. It did not cost me anything. Voters are supposed to register - when they do they can get an ID card to use at the polls. I now vote by absentee ballot but I am still a REGISTERED voter.
Allowing unrgistered people to vote can allow illegal aliens and felons to vote - so get people registered and then let them vote.

You may have had a point, if it wasn't for one small unfortunate fact.........................

40 percent of the gun sales are at gun shows where identification, background checks and all the other stuff you have to go through when you buy a gun at a store are not required.

That would be like setting up polling places, but 40 percent of them don't care how many times you vote, if you even have an ID to vote, or if you even are here legally in this country.

If voting was like gun legislation, the GOP would be shipping illegals over here in droves, and paying them to vote several times at the gun show polling places.

40 percent of the gun sales are at gun shows where identification, background checks and all the other stuff you have to go through when you buy a gun at a store are not required.

That is pure BS that is being fed to you. I like many, many other people would have to drive to another state to purchase a firearm at a Gun Show without a back ground check. When is the last time you purchased a fiirearm?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back