A comparison of two Constitutional rights

They who, idiot boy? If you made an effort to understand the other side perhaps you wouldn't look like a freeper troll.

Poll tax is a no no.

If you want to require people to have an ID, the only way around it is to not charge them for it.

Yet you have no problem to force people to pay to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights do you? Hypocrite much?

like forcing people to buy proper ID (by government standards) in order to exercise their most basic right...the vote?
Or like what the left wants, no proof of legality. Idiots.

If the state ensures everyone that wants one has an ID, at no cost to them, then most have no problem with voter id.

But that isn't what the right wants, what they want is akin to a poll tax.

Also, if you can vote you should be able to drink. A lot of stupid laws on the books.

You fucking retard.
No, I want voter ID requirements but ONLY if there is zero cost for a state issued ID (in lieu of a DL).

Are you also going to demand that a concealed carry license be issued at no cost, after all it concerns a Constitutional right also?

Dave the typical Conservative thinks liberals salivate over the thought of regulating people even further.

That's because liberals are constantly salivating over the thought of regulating people even further.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

The Second Amendment says Americans have the right to keep and bear arms.

But the left wants government to crawl up a gun-purchaser's rectum with a magnifying glass to vet the purchaser's suitability to own a weapon.

Several amendments to the Constitution together state that no citizen 18 or over may be denied the right to vote without due process.

The left vehemently opposes the suggestion that voters show ID to the government in order to vote.

Can someone explain this dichotomy to me?

The majority of Americans = the left? who knew?

The majority of Americans support requiring ID to vote.

Papers please? wtf are you a nazi?

supporting the 2nd amendment and supporting gun control laws are not mutually exclusive stands

Yes they are, especially the kind of gun control you support.

Last edited:
If the state ensures everyone that wants one has an ID, at no cost to them, then most have no problem with voter id.

But that isn't what the right wants, what they want is akin to a poll tax.

Also, if you can vote you should be able to drink. A lot of stupid laws on the books.

You fucking retard.
No, I want voter ID requirements but ONLY if there is zero cost for a state issued ID (in lieu of a DL).

And any state who wants to change voting laws should start now, and on local elections. That way theres no rush, and everyone has plenty of time to conform to new rules, and you aren't trying things out 1st on a national scale. :)

Funny TX gave people more than 2 years notice and your fine AG waited until 8 months before the elections to disallow it under the VRA, so he couldn't be effectively challenged in court before they occurred. His ruling was bullshit and will be over turned, but they got what they wanted this election.

And any state who wants to change voting laws should start now, and on local elections. That way theres no rush, and everyone has plenty of time to conform to new rules, and you aren't trying things out 1st on a national scale. :)

Funny TX gave people more than 2 years notice and your fine AG waited until 8 months before the elections to disallow it under the VRA, so he couldn't be effectively challenged in court before they occurred. His ruling was bullshit and will be over turned, but they got what they wanted this election.

I didn't know you weren't American.

They who, idiot boy? If you made an effort to understand the other side perhaps you wouldn't look like a freeper troll.

Poll tax is a no no.

If you want to require people to have an ID, the only way around it is to not charge them for it.

Yet you have no problem to force people to pay to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights do you? Hypocrite much?

like forcing people to buy proper ID (by government standards) in order to exercise their most basic right...the vote?

The right to vote is worthless without the right to self defense. Ya can't vote if your dead.

Dims have filed lawsuits against voter ID even when the state provides it for free.

Who do you think you're fooling?

But the left wants government to crawl up a gun-purchaser's rectum with a magnifying glass to vet the purchaser's suitability to own a weapon.

Several amendments to the Constitution together state that no citizen 18 or over may be denied the right to vote without due process.

The left vehemently opposes the suggestion that voters show ID to the government in order to vote.

The majority of Americans support requiring ID to vote.

supporting the 2nd amendment and supporting gun control laws are not mutually exclusive stands

Yes they are, especially the kind of gun control you support.

devil is in the details. people support the right to vote. the US Constitution guarantees it. people fed alarmist fears will be confused. explain the details of plans for IDs and shit hits the fan.

is voter fraud an issue that has stolen any elections you know of, or is this just an alarm in search of a problem?

The right to vote is worthless without the right to self defense. Ya can't vote if your dead.

self defense? :lol: I was unaware anyone was trying to kill Americans so they can't vote

I didn't know you weren't American.

I do not support or lay any claim to this administration in any manner. They have demenstrated no respect for our laws or Constituion which makes them unfit to serve.

Now you want to address the reaminder of the post, now that I've cleared that up for ya?

Dims have filed lawsuits against voter ID even when the state provides it for free.

Who do you think you're fooling?

Why? Is there illegal voting going on? Where? What proof have you? :lol:

Poor people can't afford IDs, so requiring them to get one to vote means poor people cannot vote, even though they already have IDs in order to cash the government checks they receive.

Poor people cannot afford guns, so we need the ID, and everything else to make it more expensive, so more poor people will not have access to guns, even though they are the ones most likely to need them.

It makes sense, if you don't pay attention.

where in the constitution does it say that reasonable regulation of guns is inappropriate.

i'd suggest you actually look at heller which specifically leaves room for such regulation.

and the comparison is a false one as there is no problem with 'voter fraud' except in the fevered imagination of the right.. not to mention that your own people made the mistake of saying they wanted it in order to sway election results.

but that's ok, right? :cuckoo:

"...shall not be infringed."

Last edited:
Funny thing about judges, they also think that "[N]or shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb" means the government can try you as often as they want, the one thing I have heard Sotomayor object to that I agree with.

Last edited:

Poor people can't afford IDs, so requiring them to get one to vote means poor people cannot vote, even though they already have IDs in order to cash the government checks they receive.

Poor people cannot afford guns, so we need the ID, and everything else to make it more expensive, so more poor people will not have access to guns, even though they are the ones most likely to need them.

It makes sense, if you don't pay attention.

nope. not true. direct deposit and banks and check cashing places accept IDs that may not pass muster for voting laws right wingers pass

Why is it that right wingers are the ones pushing this? :eusa_shifty:

poor people in cities don't need guns, they need jobs. :lol:

where in the constitution does it say that reasonable regulation of guns is inappropriate.

i'd suggest you actually look at heller which specifically leaves room for such regulation.

and the comparison is a false one as there is no problem with 'voter fraud' except in the fevered imagination of the right.. not to mention that your own people made the mistake of saying they wanted it in order to sway election results.

"...shall not be infringed."

Funn

The James Madison Research Library and Information Center

Americans have always supported limits on who can own guns

Dave the typical Conservative thinks liberals salivate over the thought of regulating people even further.

Frankly I wish people were as good at being responsible as they are at talking about how responsible they are.

Frankly, I wish people would give other people a chance to be responsible before they assume they aren't.

Just because you are fatter than anyone else you know does not mean you count as two people.

It says it right in the Second Amendment.

"Shall NOT BE INFRINGED"....do you need help with the bigger words?

The James Madison Research Library and Information Center

peaceable citizens...the early Americans demanded citizens who owned guns to be peaceable citizens. they supported disarming fools and trouble makers

I support the pillory for internet trolls, doesn't mean I want the government to support it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back