A comparison of two Constitutional rights

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
The Second Amendment says Americans have the right to keep and bear arms.

But the left wants government to crawl up a gun-purchaser's rectum with a magnifying glass to vet the purchaser's suitability to own a weapon.

Several amendments to the Constitution together state that no citizen 18 or over may be denied the right to vote without due process.

The left vehemently opposes the suggestion that voters show ID to the government in order to vote.

Can someone explain this dichotomy to me?

If the state ensures everyone that wants one has an ID, at no cost to them, then most have no problem with voter id.

But that isn't what the right wants, what they want is akin to a poll tax.

Also, if you can vote you should be able to drink. A lot of stupid laws on the books.

You fucking retard.

But the left wants government to crawl up a gun-purchaser's rectum with a magnifying glass to vet the purchaser's suitability to own a weapon.

Several amendments to the Constitution together state that no citizen 18 or over may be denied the right to vote without due process.

The left vehemently opposes the suggestion that voters show ID to the government in order to vote.

where in the constitution does it say that reasonable regulation of guns is inappropriate.

i'd suggest you actually look at heller which specifically leaves room for such regulation.

and the comparison is a false one as there is no problem with 'voter fraud' except in the fevered imagination of the right.. not to mention that your own people made the mistake of saying they wanted it in order to sway election results.

but that's ok, right? :cuckoo:

If the state ensures everyone that wants one has an ID, at no cost to them, then most have no problem with voter id.

Also, if you can vote you should be able to drink. A lot of stupid laws on the books.

You fucking retard.
They want no such thing, but you knew that. You really should take care who you call a fucking retard. Its like watching a person call themselves name in the mirror.

where in the constitution does it say that reasonable regulation of guns is inappropriate.

i'd suggest you actually look at heller which specifically leaves room for such regulation.

and the comparison is a false one as there is no problem with 'voter fraud' except in the fevered imagination of the right.. not to mention that your own people made the mistake of saying they wanted it in order to sway election results.

It says it right in the Second Amendment.

"Shall NOT BE INFRINGED"....do you need help with the bigger words?

You fucking retard.
They want no such thing, but you knew that. You really should take care who you call a fucking retard. Its like watching a person call themselves name in the mirror.
They who, idiot boy? If you made an effort to understand the other side perhaps you wouldn't look like a freeper troll.

Poll tax is a no no.

If you want to require people to have an ID, the only way around it is to not charge them for it.

Dave the typical Conservative thinks liberals salivate over the thought of regulating people even further.

Frankly I wish people were as good at being responsible as they are at talking about how responsible they are.

The majority of Americans = the left? who knew?

Papers please? wtf are you a nazi?

supporting the 2nd amendment and supporting gun control laws are not mutually exclusive stands

They also give illegal immigrants rights they do not deserve. Libtards are some sort of crazy.

The James Madison Research Library and Information Center

peaceable citizens...the early Americans demanded citizens who owned guns to be peaceable citizens. they supported disarming fools and trouble makers

They also give illegal immigrants rights they do not deserve. Libtards are some sort of crazy.

Ronald Reagan and now almost the whole GOP leadership are libtards?

She needs help period.

Ronald Reagan and now almost the whole GOP leadership are libtards?
Libtards, dimwits, the left, idiot.

You fucking retard.
No, I want voter ID requirements but ONLY if there is zero cost for a state issued ID (in lieu of a DL).

You fucking retard.
They who, idiot boy? If you made an effort to understand the other side perhaps you wouldn't look like a freeper troll.

Poll tax is a no no.

If you want to require people to have an ID, the only way around it is to not charge them for it.

Yet you have no problem to force people to pay to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights do you? Hypocrite much?

Last edited:

You fucking retard.
No, I want voter ID requirements but ONLY if there is zero cost for a state issued ID (in lieu of a DL).

And any state who wants to change voting laws should start now, and on local elections. That way theres no rush, and everyone has plenty of time to conform to new rules, and you aren't trying things out 1st on a national scale. :)

The right takes the opposite stance on the two issues, correct? Can you explain that 'dichotomy'?

Poll tax is a no no.

Yet you have no problem to force people to pay to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights do you? Hypocrite much?

like forcing people to buy proper ID (by government standards) in order to exercise their most basic right...the vote?

Forum List

Back